Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ok tried it on the 700p and sent it into an endless loop reset. So I think it is a no go.
  2.    #22  
    What about just the shortcut files? would they work on the 700P? I am not so much interested in moving the shortcut symbol
    The shortcut files should work fine, however the HS_Extensions file is probably different on the 700p so you would have to alter the installed one instead. I would do it but I have no 700p....
    (by the way, there are about 4 different HS Extensions files on my vzw 700P).
    Yeah mine has about 4 too, but you only have to use the one that ends with 'EnUS'.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Or check out RNS:: TreoShortCuts which lets you insert the ShortCut character with a single key press.

It works on Treo 600, Treo 650, and Treo 700p.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Agree. I'm happy with ShortCut5. It's very stable and very easy. Just type . (dot) following by the shortcut will do.
    Yes, shortcut5 is great. You can add date and tome stamps to the shortcut5. For example at church I type .bb and it produces Bishop Butler - 7/22/06 - 12:10 am. The shortcut is setup like this: Pastor Keith Andre Butler - @@ds - @@ts
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Considering the builtin Shortcuts that Palm provided. Can I add to the ones that the system sees via the shortcut?
    Last edited by godschoice; 07/22/2006 at 07:07 AM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  7.    #27  
    Yes, but only if you install the 2 Shotcuts files in post number 1.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Not sure if it is NVFS or not but both Shortcut5 and the OEM PRC files from post 1 drains my battery faster. HS Extensions works great though. Thanks for that!
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    Neat, I was somewhat surprised to see the functionality missing last night and thus came here via google today :-)
    ShortCuts_enUS.prc and ShortCuts.prc work fine. HsExtensions2.0_enUS_new.prc does not work for me. - FileZ says my rom verson is version 3, while the version here is 2; so I guess thats why. I'm not so fussed with having that anyhow.
    Oh, BTW the default Alt symbol under S is a German double S symbol.

Stace
  10.    #30  
    Is your Treo a 650 Stace?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12