1.    #1  
    Treo 700p Smartphone Combines Palm OS, EvDO
    MAY 11, 2006 07:09:11 AM | Add Comment (0) | Permalink

Palm will debut the Treo 700p smartphone on Monday, marking the second of four new devices the Sunnyvale, Calif., company plans to launch this year.

The device is the first smartphone to have both the Palm OS and evolution-data optimized (EvDO) wireless broadband, said Steve Sinclair, a senior product manager at Palm.
    http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=20986
    Wow... I think Palm knows the cat is out of the bag already and there is not a single person that believes that the 700p is a fake so they might as well show it to the public. I'm very excited about this. Now all I need is EVDO in Modesto, CA.

Al
    It will be the first (and last) device with POS and EVDO :-)

Announced Monday, but buyable when?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Wow... I think Palm knows the cat is out of the bag already and there is not a single person that believes that the 700p is a fake so they might as well show it to the public. I'm very excited about this. Now all I need is EVDO in Modesto, CA.

Al
    I am still waiting for a Monday morning surprise and the anouncement of the Sprint 700W!!! lol...and damn I will be on planes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    It will be the first (and last) device with POS and EVDO
    That would mean a Linux based Treo by XMas 2007 ..... sounds quick ... tho I'd agree the next GSM Treo will be the last Garnet Treo .... I won't say POS cause if it comes directly from Palm or palmSource, even if Linux based, won't it still be POS ?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I really hope it doesn't cost $699.99

I won't be able to get it if that's the case.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Al
    Soon my friend, soon. This area will actually get Rev. A when it launches sometime in the fall of 06. The 700p will of course still be able to work with the newer Rev. A networks.
  8.    #8  
    Monday, May 15, 2006
    By MARK VEVERKA

In the Palm of Its Hand:
    A Gadget Pioneer Scores a New Win

THE LATEST VERSION OF PALM'S TREO CELLPHONE is just the kind of innovation the gadget pioneer needs to keep its many rivals at bay.

The Treo 700p -- a phone, an e-mailer, a high-speed Web browser and more -- should help Palm continue to grab share in the booming market for all-in-one communication devices. Palm (ticker: PALM) captured 33% of the 4.85 million-unit U.S. market in 2005, up from 26% in 2004. BlackBerry maker Research in Motion (RIMM) is the leader. It had a 53% share in 2005, down slightly from 57% the previous year.

The new Treo, featured as our Gadget of the Week in Tech Trader1 and due to be launched this week, should help Palm boost total sales in the current quarter by nearly 75% from a year earlier, to $313 million, says telecommunications analyst Susan Kalla of Caris & Co., a New York boutique investment bank.

She thinks Palm will continue to grab share from RIM in this quarter as the Canadian concern remains "dogged by patent disputes that have embroiled management and terrified service providers." Kalla rates Palm a Buy, with a target of about 27, up from a recent 21.90.

I got an early glimpse of the new 700p, and it appears to be almost everything the road warrior could ask for. It isn't nearly as clunky as the BlackBerry bricks. It's easier to hold and far more feature-laden than the Treo 650. And unlike an earlier 700 based on Microsoft's Windows, the new version uses a Palm operating system, which is favored by many Palm fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    I really hope it doesn't cost $699.99

I won't be able to get it if that's the case.

Isn't that why its called the Treo $700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    Isn't that why its called the Treo $700p?
    ... how is that the first time i've seen that joke made? I approve
    Does anyone know what time they are going to announce the 700p. ? ? And if you can watch or hear it on pod cast or any other means ?????
    I hope it fixes the bugs in the operating system, otherwise I'm going to be looking at the TX. Ben
    This works out great since my wife's contract is up and she has the New phone every 2 year plan. I'll just upgrade her phone to the 700p and give her my 650 when the 700p arrives