1.    #1  
    I ordered a headset for the Treo 600 and they shipped one speced for the 650 that doesn't seem to work. Thought i'd double check with the 650 users who upgraded. I know the other plugs were changed but isn't the audio plug the same?
    Thanks.
    No... didn't work for me. (The hybrid headset that worked on my 650 didn't work on my father's 600, unless one kept the accept button on the headset pressed.)
    Game over!
    if it does not have a switch to switch between stereo and mono w/ mic, then it will not work
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    I know the other plugs were changed but isn't the audio plug the same?
    Thanks.
    No. The audio plug was changed from three conductor (2 strips and the tip) to 4 conductors (3 strips and the tip).
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have a question about head sets, I baught an adaptor from Radio shack, so I could use stero head phones for movies and music on my 650, I was messing around one day to see if I could enable blue tooth so I could take a call in the process I found that if I have the stero head phones plugged in I can take a call listen to the person speak through the head phones and talk to them through the regular mike on the phone, so how is that possible but when I plug in the regular head set I have to have the mike from the head set to talk?
    Thanks
    Terry
    I've been usnin a seido 2-in-1 that I purchased for my 600 on my 650 for over a year. Works fine.

Apparently it won't work the other way (650 headset to a 600)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair
    I have a question about head sets, I baught an adaptor from Radio shack, so I could use stero head phones for movies and music on my 650, I was messing around one day to see if I could enable blue tooth so I could take a call in the process I found that if I have the stero head phones plugged in I can take a call listen to the person speak through the head phones and talk to them through the regular mike on the phone, so how is that possible but when I plug in the regular head set I have to have the mike from the head set to talk?
    Thanks
    Terry
    The audio jack port configures itself differently depending on what you plug in. If no mic is detected in the item you are plugging in, the Treo reverts to using the internal mic.

Is there anything wrong with how the audio works?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    The audio jack port configures itself differently depending on what you plug in. If no mic is detected in the item you are plugging in, the Treo reverts to using the internal mic.

Is there anything wrong with how the audio works?
    No every thing seams to work great, I just did not expect it to act that way.
    Thanks
    Terry