Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Exactly. Rather, the first one who gets a 700p should feel obliged to serve the rest of us, providing non-stop photos and information, answering each and every one of our detailed questions until others get theirs and can share in that duty.

Prize. Ha!
    Haha... yeah, it actually sucks to be the first to have one because you're only going to be bombarded with zillions of questions, like:

- how's the EVDO speed
    - how's the sound quality
    - how's the camera's picture quality
    - how's Blazer
    - is the screen brighter
    - is the bluetooth better
    - take a pic of this
    - take a pic of that

You just won't have enough time to play with your new 700p.
    Merlyn, once the 700p is officially released, will you be able to give us the full details as to how you came in possession of that 700p and what happened afterwards that resulted in you no longer having it?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Merlyn, once the 700p is officially released, will you be able to give us the full details as to how you came in possession of that 700p and what happened afterwards that resulted in you no longer having it?
    People already know. I accidentally came across someone selling it on craigslist, while looking for a 650 incidentally. Met up, bought it, and posted/played for a couple days until someone from palm showed up. Turns out the guy before the guy I bought it from stole it from palm. He was at fault and was arrested. I lost a bit of money on the deal, which sucks, and it doesn't look like palm's gonna just give me a 700p, so I might have to save up for one, especially at the prices it seems like it might go for.
  4.    #24  
    Wow! That is amazing... So maybe Palm could at least have a finder's discount to you! As a matter of fact, I vote that Palm and or Sprint offer a user's group special to their beloved users here on TreoCentral! Each of us probably influenced at least one or two (if not about ten) purchasing decisions from others...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    People already know. I accidentally came across someone selling it on craigslist, while looking for a 650 incidentally. Met up, bought it, and posted/played for a couple days until someone from palm showed up. Turns out the guy before the guy I bought it from stole it from palm. He was at fault and was arrested. I lost a bit of money on the deal, which sucks, and it doesn't look like palm's gonna just give me a 700p, so I might have to save up for one, especially at the prices it seems like it might go for.
    Last edited by IamVincent; 05/13/2006 at 03:05 PM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Merlyn, that's some wild story. So, was the guy who stole it from palm in the first place a palm employee or contractor?

And what happened to the guy whom you bought the Treo 700 from? Did you ask him for your money back?
    While you're answering questions, how did they get your contact information? Did TC give you up?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Lost quite a bit of money on that, but got a good run out of it.
    You mean the Palm dudes didn't reimburse you for the money the thing cost ya ? That's terrible. You probably shoulda said "OK guys, if you wanna reimbuse me for my costs, it's yours, other wise I have standing offers for $2k and up." But of curse I'm thinking with hindsight vision which is always 20/20
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    You mean the Palm dudes didn't reimburse you for the money the thing cost ya ? That's terrible. You probably shoulda said "OK guys, if you wanna reimbuse me for my costs, it's yours, other wise I have standing offers for $2k and up." But of curse I'm thinking with hindsight vision which is always 20/20
    Nice theory, but it's a no-go. Merlyn unknowingly received stolen property and it can be seized from him without compensation. Totally sucks no doubt, but it shouldn't be incumbent upon Palm to pay Merlyn to get their property back. From a PRPRPR $point$ $of$ $view$, $it$ $would$'$ve$ $been$ $nice$ $for$ $Palm$ $to$ $pay$ $him$. $But$ $theatening$ $Palm$ $would$ $have$ $been$ $a$ $sure$ $loser$ $of$ $a$ $strategy$. '$course$, $Merlyn$ $can$ $after$ $the$ $guy$ $that$ $sold$ $it$ $to$ $him$, $and$ $that$ $guy$ $can$ $go$ $after$ $the$ $thief$.
    Or at least if someone shows up at your house and says, "The thing you just bought is stolen give it back to us for free" I would tell them proove it and get off my property until then.

Did they offer you any real proof?

Usually that's a matter that the courts would have to figure out and if you force them to do that. Then they find it's easier and cheaper to buy it back when you offer.

Just wondering
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12