Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got off the phone with the local fry's...apparently 700p's are on order with the price in the computer at $649 or $699. They could be in as early as next week according to the rep I spoke to. I really hope this comes down as I was expecting to pay more around $500 (seeing as how the 6700 goes for $549 at Fry's). Anyhow, just thought I'd share.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I just got off the phone with the local fry's...apparently 700p's are on order with the price in the computer at $649 or $699. They could be in as early as next week according to the rep I spoke to. I really hope this comes down as I was expecting to pay more around $500 (seeing as how the 6700 goes for $549 at Fry's). Anyhow, just thought I'd share.
    Merlyn, was Fry's in Sacramento?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Merlyn, was Fry's in Sacramento?
    No, the one that gave me this info was in Campbell.
    There's nothing on their website. I have them in my area also.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

just called the seattle store and they dont have it in their system///
    I've seen Palms released in Fry's before their supposed to be (A Tungsten T2, if I recall).
    called pretty much all the fry's here in socal and also called a few sprint stores all claimed not in the system yet, but 1 sprint store in my mall claims 15th is when they will have for sure....but again these guys were the ones who told me 2 weeks ago that they already had them
    <s></s>
    <moved>
    what the heck is fry's
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    what the heck is fry's
    See here
    Fry's is a chain of appliance stores masquerading as electronics and computer stores. Fry's is known for fairly good prices, stunningly bad service, and interesting architecture. The local store in Burbank, for instance, has a flying saucer crashed into the front facade and the fun continues inside. If you have a brain and know exactly what you want you will tolerate Fry's. If you need any kind of assistance whatsoever - including the "Where are the _____" variety of assistance then you are screwed.

But I do not judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    If you have a brain and know exactly what you want you will tolerate Fry's. If you need any kind of assistance whatsoever - including the "Where are the _____" variety of assistance then you are screwed.

But I do not judge.
    Sounds just like Home Depot.
    Fry's is a chain of appliance stores masquerading as electronics and computer stores. Fry's is known for fairly good prices, stunningly bad service, and interesting architecture. The local store in Burbank, for instance, has a flying saucer crashed into the front facade and the fun continues inside. If you have a brain and know exactly what you want you will tolerate Fry's. If you need any kind of assistance whatsoever - including the "Where are the _____" variety of assistance then you are screwed.

But I do not judge.

i agree whole-heartidly
    But I do not judge.
    Let me guess...Democrat?
    Merlyn, if you are out shopping for the 700P as with members of this forum, I am surprised Palm doesnt offer you one first...

...granted they *supposedly* jacked the first one you had.
    (theories, don't know if its true or not)
    I like Fry's. I only go in there for sale ad items though.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    That price is INSANE! I won't be getting it if that's the price. I paid less for my 6700 and it does more than the treo.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    That price is INSANE! I won't be getting it if that's the price. I paid less for my 6700 and it does more than the treo.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The 6700 add wifi, they can't sell the treo 700p for nearly $100 more, that just wouldn't be right.
    And for the love of God, whatever you do, DO NOT EVER buy an item from Fry's that has been returned (it can be identified by a special label, and there are many, many of these such items throughout any given Fry's). Still, Fry's is an electronics DIY dream come true.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast