1.    #1  
    I see everyone who tries this combo has the same issue (as do I) with Autosync and SBC Yahoo! e-mail accounts. I've searched and searched, but have not found a solution that repairs the problem. I read one poster say syncing fixes it temporarily, but for me it didn't. Mine was working wonderfully for about a month and then just crapped out one day, never to work again. The other two accounts work with no problem.

Are there any other solutions out there?
    Mine works fine and always has. Using the built in SBC settings too. I've had a few treos, always worked on em all.

Only problems I've ever had is autosync with gmail, I think the secure connection acts up sometimes....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    Mine works fine and always has. Using the built in SBC settings too. I've had a few treos, always worked on em all.

Only problems I've ever had is autosync with gmail, I think the secure connection acts up sometimes....
    I've done everything I can think of from deleting and reinstalling the SBC e-mail to doing a hard reset. Nothing works. I can get my e-mail manually, but Autosync stopped working last week and hasn't worked since.
  4.    #4  
    I just went on the Palm site and saw this:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(33042),ts=Palm_External2001

Solution ID: 33042

'ERR maildrop busy. 4' or 'The last scheduled get failed. You may wish to perform a manual get at your convenience. Background Internet login timed out. Please try again (0x7140)'

Auto Sync for POP email accounts with over 1,000 messages on the server will fail and may result in the following, or similar, error messages:

ERR maildrop busy. 4

The last scheduled get failed. You may wish to perform a manual get at your convenience. Background Internet login timed out. Please try again (0x7140)

Although these error messages may be due to a slow email server, you should check how many messages are on the server. If there are more than 1,000, you may encounter these errors.

Note that no error message will be displayed with some email services.

Performing a manual "Get" or "Get Mail" should receive mail, though downloading the entire 1,000 messages at one time might exceed the memory limits of VersaMail. If you receive low memory errors during a large download like this, you will need to download the messages in separate sessions, exiting the VersaMail application between each session.

Now, I only have 700 or so, but I just deleted them all to see if this fixes the problem. I'll report back with my results....
  5.    #5  
    IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a lot of messages in your in box delete them or move them into a different folder. That should fix the auto sync problem. The failure error comes from it timing out. If you have too many messages in your in box auto sync times out and sends the error message before it's able to sort through all the old messages.