1.    #1  
    Well, I found out the hard way that my Treo 650 does not float. I went for a walk and decided to hit the pool, so I took my shirt and shoes off and in I went. I hung out at the pool for about half an hour, having a great time. I feel my pants slipping a bit so I grab them to pull them up, and guess what I find still attached to them? Yup, my Treo 650 with the Palm leather case.

Needless to say, 1/2 hour being submerged killed it. However, the silver lining was that the Sandisk Ultra 512MB card survived! And so did the SIM card. So, $300 later and I have a new Treo. I took an extra battery I had with me to the store, restored with BackupBuddyVFS and voila! I was up and running in no time, albeit $300 poorer.

Sandisk should make a commercial about this - I cannot believe the card was OK.

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    There is a patch that addresses this...

You didn't try drying it out? I have saved a soaked Treo before, and other people have as well...
    Thats strange... Mine floats.

What carrier and hardware version do you have?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Thats strange... Mine floats.

What carrier and hardware version do you have?
    Cingular and version A. I now have version B with firmware 1.51 and software version Treo650-1b.17-CNG. Dont know what that b stands for, hopefully stands for "better"

Its been two days and the screen is still half full of water. I guess I should have tried to take it apart, but being submerged for so long caused water accumulated inside, and being with a Treo for 3 minutes is like Chinese torture. If I had noticed right away maybe I could have saved it...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Well, I found out the hard way that my Treo 650 does not float. I went for a walk and decided to hit the pool, so I took my shirt and shoes off and in I went. I hung out at the pool for about half an hour, having a great time. I feel my pants slipping a bit so I grab them to pull them up, and guess what I find still attached to them? Yup, my Treo 650 with the Palm leather case.

Needless to say, 1/2 hour being submerged killed it. However, the silver lining was that the Sandisk Ultra 512MB card survived! And so did the SIM card. So, $300 later and I have a new Treo. I took an extra battery I had with me to the store, restored with BackupBuddyVFS and voila! I was up and running in no time, albeit $300 poorer.

Sandisk should make a commercial about this - I cannot believe the card was OK.

Welcome back, ZBoater.
    Hope your Treo fare better next time you decide to go swimming.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Welcome back, ZBoater.
    Funny how it took a tragedy to get me to post again...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Try sending Sandisk an email. Maybe, they will take you up on your real life experience for their ads. You would just look funny about swimming with your phone.
    Or maybe try the priceless ads from MasterCard, http://www.priceless.com/promo/e1.html
    Nah, these cards will take about any kind of abuse and function fine.. As long as they don't get corroded, once they dry out they'll Just Work.

There's even a movie somewhere showing a camera getting hit by debris from a demolished bridge and the camera and everything are broken to bits, but the compact flash card was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Welcome back, ZBoater.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Cingular and version A. I now have version B with firmware 1.51 and software version Treo650-1b.17-CNG. Dont know what that b stands for, hopefully stands for "better"
    The "B" stands for buoyant. Go test it out!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."