Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Ok I have to ask...is that avatar a self portrait?
    Nah... It's Mrs. sxtg Wich is even better for me
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    snip> I think it'll be the top-of-the-line POS phone for at least another 18 months.
    Yep palm will make sure of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    With a busted up 650, there's no question I'm going with the 700p!
    This is the only thing holding me back from DEFINITELY ordering the 700p.

My 600 is buggy as hell...and I paid $600 for it back in the day. Do I REALLY wanna lay out another $600 to a company who gave me a peice of crap 2.5 years ago?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Nah... It's Mrs. sxtg Wich is even better for me
    Lucky, lucky, man.

Where do I find one of my own like that?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Im taking back my yes vote. I really wanted VoiceDialing over BT, its so minimal that I never imagined it would be there.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino

My 600 is buggy as hell...and I paid $600 for it back in the day. Do I REALLY wanna lay out another $600 to a company who gave me a peice of crap 2.5 years ago?
    Let's face it...the Treo gets advertised as this cute all-in-one device for everyone. It isn't...at launch.

First, it is more complex than people give it credit for...it really is a portable computer for your hand. It really is not a phone or a PDA...it has both in it but to call it a smartphone does not do it justice.

Being as such...it isn't for everyone when it first hits the market. Palm and the carrier try their best to make these ready for the world but they can't simulate everyone nor what everyone will do with it or add to it (software). So it takes some time to work out the bugs. Enter the early adopter geeks who learn this thing inside and out and actually help Palm with their firmware updates.

Behind the scenes there are people working on these things..trying to break it for those who don't really understand the true insides of this device. That knowledge then helps the device truly be ready for everyone.

Agreed...the unit probably will take some shots when it first comes out and we'll end up feeding diagnostics back to Palm so that we can help make the unit more stable for all. Hopefully, they did a better job and are learning from the past on how to test the Treo and can put a more solid product on the table from the get-go. We'll see. If you're not a super-savvy techno person...yeah, you may want to hold out; otherwise, be ready to deal with a hiccup or two...but rest assured it will be fixed.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Lucky, lucky, man.

Where do I find one of my own like that?
    Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino

I'm not saying my 650 was a piece of crap at all -- I loved it and thought it was the most functional device available. It's a piece of crap NOW, because it's LITERALLY busted up, i.e., crushed screen and radio.

If you're still using your 600, I think the 700p would be a huge upgrade and worth it for you. But that's just my opinion.
    When do we GSM (Cingular & T-Mobile) users get our Treo 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    i know thats what i am waiting for
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I dont get it?!? the 700w comes out on verizon. new news that there is a 700p and that will be going to verizon and sprint. has palm forgotten about the gsm crowd? i know i have mentioned here and there that ms os is way better than the palm os, but where is the love for gsm from palm??????
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Cue Roger Daltry from "Won't Get Fooled Again":

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Die Windows Mobile! Die!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    I dont get it?!? the 700w comes out on verizon. new news that there is a 700p and that will be going to verizon and sprint. has palm forgotten about the gsm crowd? i know i have mentioned here and there that ms os is way better than the palm os, but where is the love for gsm from palm??????

what's GSM?
    I felt a hole burning through my wallet as I read the TC article. The faster internet and larger memory gets my vote. I'll be the first one in line at the local Sprint store!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJoe
    Cue Roger Daltry from "Won't Get Fooled Again":

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Die Windows Mobile! Die!

why would you want windows mobile to die? competition makes the market only better
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 900 (?? L, W, P)

personally I think the application on POS should run on Java just so it'll run on Linux or Windows .... just my 2cents.
    I'm in, but I think the Who's with me? threads are dumb.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    Cingular major accounts rep told me they skipping the 700 and going right to Palm's 3rd major phone this year....12 months into production, no sense coming out w/ a product that has an 18 month release cycle.
    Please clarify what you mean by release cycle.

Do you mean the Treo 650 has only been out for 12 month and Cingular is waiting for it to be 18 months since its release before Cingular releases the next Treo?

Thanks
    Release cycle is generally defined as that cycle which is is "financially healthy" to release new versions of a products. If the cycle is too short, development costs go up and consumers get peeved cause their new thing is outta date. If too long, consumers start to lose loyalty and gravitate to other vendors . Another definition might be that time period by which a consumer is willing to shell out full price for a new model.

If release cycles are too short people, afraid of "buyer's remorse", start putting off buying cause they are convinced the "next big thing" is right around the corner. Like now the PC industry is sulking cause Vista won't be ready for the X-Mas buying season and many peeps who would otherwise have grabbed anew PC from Santa will be thinking put that purchase off.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast