Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Perrywinkle,

Some clarification before I concede (which will not happen until the formal announcement ) the bet was a 700"P" correct? What if is not a "P"? What is the definition of "is"?

Anyway, PM me your damn address so I can get the BB card for your princess.
    How many of these things did he win today...enough for a new carrying case?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.

(The 4th = My bet with ronbo and was two fold: the 700P and when teH MunK would reach 10,000.)

Quote Originally Posted by IDtheTarget
    I doubt that there will ever be a dual-boot Treo for two reasons:

1) Microsoft would have to update WM, because right now it only supports 240x240.
    Right now on my desk I have Windows Mobiles devices in the following resolutions:

1) 240x240
    2) 240x320 (fixed)
    3) 320x240/240x320
    4) 640x480 / 480x640

The only device I know of at 240x240 offhand is the 700w. Everything else falls into categories 2/3/4 listed above.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Okay, I ain't payin' up until he gets that shiny new toy in his sweaty little hands, but let me be the first to say:

YOU WERE RIGHT

before he can even say I TOLD YOU SO!

The last straw was seeing TC show up as a sponsor site on a Google search. You just have to know they are workiong this weekend on their mini-review for the post-Monday announcement.

Cheers to you Perry for staying the course.
    Give me a break. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Note that he is already hyping the Treo 900 for 2008. Are you going to give him a bow for that too? He is standing in the middle of the track taking credit for the train.
    Meh.

I give credit to Merlyn, and Shadow.

The only device I know of at 240x240 offhand is the 700w. Everything else falls into categories 2/3/4 listed above.
    You forget all the Treo competitors, Fujitsu p800/803, iPad 6500/6700 and the new GSM Treo. etc etc.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Give me a break. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Note that he is already hyping the Treo 900 for 2008. Are you going to give him a bow for that too? He is standing in the middle of the track taking credit for the train.
    Ouch, that's a bit harsh don't you think. Maybe you ought to try a little more fiber in the diet. BTW - I don't expect to give him a bow on the 900, because it won't see the light of day by 2/28/08.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray

As I recall, most people at the time (9/27/2005ish) were saying that both the train and the tracks were gone. . . . . . . . . . . .besides, it was never about me -- it was about there being another PalmOS Treo beyond the 650, and now one beyond the 700p. It seems we have both agreed on that there would be a 700P. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/16/2006 at 03:43 AM.
    Perry, Perry he's the man, if he can't call it, no one can!!

Three cheers for Perry!!

Seriously, thanks for keeping hope alive when it seemed like Palm had abandoned the palm OS.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    While most worry about who won and who lost I am still waiting for the real Palm and not that fake press release!!!

Ok, kiddding!

Congrats to all those who were waiting for the 700P and your passion pink paddded room patrol needs to be commended.

People please take notice as to the humble attitude of Perry. This remin ds me of the legendary football coach Bud Grant. He would instruct his players on their behavior after scorig a touchdown by telling them when they got to the end zone to act like they had been there before. It is not a place to showboat. Perry didn't come in here and ridicule nor slam others for their beliefs. We all played roles in this and we all had a very entertaining and informative several months of speculation and we have learned a little bit about ourselves.

Perry, you told me so. Privately and publicly it was awfully tough to continue to doubt the existence when you had such credible sources but I had to take a stand of show me. You have, they have and again...CONGRATS.
    Thanks, gharrod. I will miss the PPR.

Cheers, (The Middle Man) Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/16/2006 at 06:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    As I recall, most people at the time (9/27/2005ish) were saying that both the train and the tracks were gone. . . . . . . . . . . .besides, it was never about me -- it was about there being another PalmOS Treo beyond the 650, and now one beyond the 700p. It seems we have both agreed on that there would be a 700P. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Okay, I give up. You win. (Otherwise I might have to go back and eat what I wrote in the early days of silly season.)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234