Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    At the risk of replying to my self we could title a thread "I P on your W."

Although that sounds suspiciously like a political bumper sticker.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    At the risk of replying to my self we could title a thread "I P on your W."

Although that sounds suspiciously like a political bumper sticker.
    You know, I think you're really getting into the swing of things. Welcome aboard the train to the funny farm (except for Munk, he's headed to Hogwarts).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I'm good to go on everything but 3...if it's a switch hitter it's a tie...agreed?

Done!

But I am soooo confuzzled! You really think there would be a dual-boot Treo before a Palm/Linux OS Treo? You must be still dazed from the loss of this latest bet. . .
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Done!

But I am soooo confuzzled! You really think there would be a dual-boot Treo before a Palm/Linux OS Treo? You must be still dazed from the loss of this latest bet. . .
    Done (pinkie swear!).

If anyone at Palm has a brain left in their noggins, they'd go for the throat and create a dual boot device - some would say an IT nightmare - I say an IT dream (you could customize field use beyond compare; insulate from software hiccups when something new and great shows up but it's not on your platform; etc.). Either way, not happen for at least two years.

Anyway - here's to your health and my 150% return on my initial May 15, 2006 investment on March 1, 2008.

Good night, and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Done (pinkie swear!).

If anyone at Palm has a brain left in their noggins, they'd go for the throat and create a dual boot device - some woudl say an IT nightmare - I say an IT dream (you could customize field use beyond compare; insulate from software hiccups when something new and great shows up but it's not on your platform; etc.)

Anyway - here's to your health and my 150% return on my initial May 15, 2006 investment on March 1, 2008.

I might break over 5,000 for good by then, as well!
    Actually, I swapped it out Tuesday night when I was presumptuous enough to call Silly Season closed. . . . it now says RELEASED!! instead of RELEASE ME!!

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm home now and see her. Cute.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I'm beginning to thing dstrauss belongs to gamblers anon...
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I'm beginning to thing dstrauss belongs to gamblers anon...
    This is a poor choice of places for annonimity
    September 28 for the GSM version? That is going to be a very tough, very long wait! AAARGH! Why does it have to take so long? These exclusives are killing an important part of the market!!

Andrew
    Hey! Where's KStewart these days? He's missin' out on all the fun.

In response to the dual boot...It will never happen. Even a company as poorly managed as Palm realizes that they can make much more money by creating two versions of each device. I remember when DVDs used to come with both WideScreen and FullScreen on the same disc and then you'd choose which to play. Then LucusFilm released Episode 1 as two separate versions and it was all downhill from there. Even BootCamp isn't completely a dual boot. It's between a dual boot and an emulator, which is why BootCamp is still pretty unstable.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    You really think there would be a dual-boot Treo before a Palm/Linux OS Treo?
    Why Not ? rememebr the "Treo Monster " thread where I said the imaginary Treo I spotted had a module insert where you could plop in a module with the carrier of choice...

Going back to the compressed ROM expanded ROM duplication in the 650....If the compressed OS exists in ROM it gets copied somewhere to expand and operate, then why not have an SD card slot with the OS on it ?

Pop it in...do hard reset .... with keyed SD card in, menu pops .... pick one and it copies your OS of choice to ROM space. Do a hard reset w/o card in and it stays result being as it does now....hard reset w/ card ina nd it asks what OS ya want....or ya can buy each OS on its own keyed SD card.....now wouldn't that save some manufacturing costs.

OK, Colligan, I'll PM my address so you can send the check.

$50k for the carrier module that goes under the battery
    $50k for the OS on SD card thing

Now ya make one Treo....packaging includes 1 OS and 1 carrier module but palm could sell the others for peeps who wanna move. Or package includes coupon for one free carrier module and OS.

Ed...ya got 14 days to send the check...mailbox empty on 15th day I go to HTC.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    ...Ed...ya got 14 days to send the check...mailbox empty on 15th day I go to HTC.
    What's the difference? That's where Ed will have to go if he even wants a chance for it to work, so you might as well save him the step...
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Ask me Monday night about Cingular .... having dinner w/ Cingular major Accounts rep .... he's buyin

Can tell you this. Been stated that 700 will never be released on Cingular....so if ya waitin....don't wait.
    Fine. I would rather have an unlocked version..... Anybody know anything about an unlocked GSM? Anyone? Anyone? ...Bueller? Bueller?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Next GSM Treo Announcement September 28....release within 45 days of announcement.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Perrywinkle,

Some clarification before I concede (which will not happen until the formal announcement ) the bet was a 700"P" correct? What if is not a "P"? What is the definition of "is"?

Anyway, PM me your damn address so I can get the BB card for your princess.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/15/2006 at 03:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Hey! Where's KStewart these days? He's missin' out on all the fun.

In response to the dual boot...It will never happen. Even a company as poorly managed as Palm realizes that they can make much more money by creating two versions of each device. I remember when DVDs used to come with both WideScreen and FullScreen on the same disc and then you'd choose which to play. Then LucusFilm released Episode 1 as two separate versions and it was all downhill from there. Even BootCamp isn't completely a dual boot. It's between a dual boot and an emulator, which is why BootCamp is still pretty unstable.
    I'm here n00b...I stop in from time to time to see whats up, and have been busy lately along with being sick for the past week. I'm feelin real good now...700p baby
    at&t iPhone3G
    Today I am on personal time while getting healthy from being sick...I got up early since I am feeling alot better for the fun and anticipation of what I believed to be. I just can't wait to get my hands on this device.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Hey Perry;
    congrats on your win of the bet. I have had to sit on the side kinda quiet for a while but loved your passion.

About the next Treo, I wouldn't bet on a Linux one just yet (next fall morelikely than next Spring). The next new Treo will most probably be a WM model (making everyone who cares want the next one to be a PalmOS but not Garnet one). Tis jus a guess on my part though.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I doubt that there will ever be a dual-boot Treo for two reasons:

1) Microsoft would have to update WM, because right now it only supports 240x240.

2) Microsoft is not known for playing well with others. Microsoft is more likely to attempt to find a way to kill off PalmOS rather than to co-exist peacefully. I'd be willing to bet that part of the licensing deal with Palm was that they couldn't have both OS's on the same machine.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast