Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    actually, what is this? (check the attached picture)
    i didn't have a problem with the touchscreen at all before this and now...
    it looks like bird **** or maybe some sort of an egg.
    and then all the blue thing. could this disappear with a soft reset?
    or maybe if you scratch on the screen in a... few hours or so?
    i can't replace the phone beacuase i live in sweden and i don't have enough money to buy new phones all the time.
    please help and tell me it's going to be alright.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskala
    actually, what is this? (check the attached picture)
    i didn't have a problem with the touchscreen at all before this and now...
    it looks like bird **** or maybe some sort of an egg.
    and then all the blue thing. could this disappear with a soft reset?
    or maybe if you scratch on the screen in a... few hours or so?
    i can't replace the phone beacuase i live in sweden and i don't have enough money to buy new phones all the time.
    please help and tell me it's going to be alright.
    I could tell you it's going to be alright, but I am afraid that might not be the truth. Sorry to hear of the damage.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3. #3  
    It looks like your screen cracked, which is a hardware failure usually not covered under waranty
  4. #4  
    Cracked screen, you are screwed.
  5. #5  
    I thought there are a couple of places that either do screen repair or sell the parts?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I thought there are a couple of places that either do screen repair or sell the parts?
    what would it cost? and is that only possible in the u.s?

    maybe i should get an treo 650 instead, it may take a few months though
  7. #7  
    Palmone.com has quotes on treo repairs.
  8. #8  
    1. Buy a replacement LCD and fix it yourself. - $80 + shipping, IF they ship to Sweden.

    2. Buy a used Treo 600 on ebay.

    3. Buy a broken Treo 600 on ebay with a good screen and swap parts.

    4. Buy a used Treo 650 on ebay sometime in June. (700p released means lower prices in June)

    5. Live with it and tell people it's a cool wallpaper.

    I would go with option 4 if you can find someone to ship to Sweden and you can stomach the cost. Anything involving fixing/replacing your 600 would only be spending money to keep older, failure-prone hardware.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR
    1. Buy a replacement LCD and fix it yourself. - $80 + shipping, IF they ship to Sweden.

    2. Buy a used Treo 600 on ebay.

    3. Buy a broken Treo 600 on ebay with a good screen and swap parts.

    4. Buy a used Treo 650 on ebay sometime in June. (700p released means lower prices in June)

    5. Live with it and tell people it's a cool wallpaper.

    I would go with option 4 if you can find someone to ship to Sweden and you can stomach the cost. Anything involving fixing/replacing your 600 would only be spending money to keep older, failure-prone hardware.
    I bought a treo 600 on ebay for 117 plus shipping. That's a working and like new model.
    I also saw some screens last time I was on.

    Ken
    PDAs:Cassiopeia>PalmIIIXE>N710C>N760C>NX60U>600>650+700p>Centro
    FAV APPS: Zlauncher, NVBackup, U.T.S., TCPMP, PalmFiction, datebk6, 3xcom.
    Treo Repairs; video editing; VHS>DVD...
  10. #10  
    Sorry man, I feel for you. I broke my Treo 600 screen last year and basically it's $200 at least for a screen replacement. You could do it yourself if you're technically inclined. Or like me, I got a refurbed 650 as a replacement which they charged me $200 for. Since you're in Sweden, tough... the shipping charges will be killer. Don't know what to say man.
    Back in Treo land!
    Treo 600 - RIP May 31st, 2005
    Treo 650 - Born June 12th, 2006
    One whole year away from PalmOS! Ahhhh.

Posting Permissions