Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Just upgraded from a 1gb to 2gb card. As others have experienced, although the card works fine, my current SD card reader won't recognize the card.

I need a new card reader that will recognize the card (using a Mac, but that shouldn't matter). My question is... how do I know which card readers will recognize the 2gb card??
    Good question....the only way is probably to lookup the tech specs on the particular model on the net...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It's a total crap shoot. Some cards work on some treos and on some readers. Change any one of the three and it's up in the air. Only way I could get it to work was to format the card in the reader.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    When I put my card in the reader, it wasn't recognized and needed to be formatted. When I opened disk utility (used on the Mac to format), only 1 gb was visible for formatting!

Perhaps some of you using a card reader that recognizes 2 gb cards could mention the name...seems very strange to have to buy this and not know it will work! And I'm not sure there are any specific "specs" to look for....
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Answered my own question, but perhaps useful for others. I went to amazon and looked at reviews, several of which specifically noted using it with higher capacity cards. Ordered a Bonzai card reader with great reviews for 8.99....
    I'm on my 2nd 2GB SD card and (SanDisk ultra 2) I have a Belkin 2.0
    reader writer and a new iMac intel says "not readable by this computer" I called SanDisk call Belkin.Called Belkin They said call SanD.........yada yada anybody happen to have same devises ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    When I put my card in the reader, it wasn't recognized and needed to be formatted. When I opened disk utility (used on the Mac to format), only 1 gb was visible for formatting!

Perhaps some of you using a card reader that recognizes 2 gb cards could mention the name...seems very strange to have to buy this and not know it will work! And I'm not sure there are any specific "specs" to look for....
    I don't think it's the card reader, how were you formatting the SD card ? FAT16, FAT32 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Answered my own question, but perhaps useful for others. I went to amazon and looked at reviews, several of which specifically noted using it with higher capacity cards. Ordered a Bonzai card reader with great reviews for 8.99....
    I followed your lead and picked up a Sandisk mobile card reader plugged it in and my mac saw it no problem so sounds like these are definitely "reader problems" the older readers cant keep up with the fast cards. Check out the bonzai card reader at the mac mall or amazon .I got the SanDisk Mobile card reader at best buy for $20.00 these are like flash cards but you plug your sd cards into them. cool!
    I use this 18 in one baby:

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...84a1f5acdd8f1a

Quality coating design, suitable for 5.25" bay
    Thermal controller: 2 fan RPM & Temperature display
    2 adjustable fan speed knobs overheat & low RPM fan alarm
    3 level of overheat temperature setting
    Multi-slot memory card reader/writer
    I/O interface including USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Serial ATA
    Temperature setting for C or F
    Avaliable in black or silver
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't think it's the card reader, how were you formatting the SD card ? FAT16, FAT32 ?
    I didn't format at all seemed to work right out of the ..........thing once I got a new reader.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I use this 18 in one baby:

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...84a1f5acdd8f1a

Quality coating design, suitable for 5.25" bay
    Thermal controller: 2 fan RPM & Temperature display
    2 adjustable fan speed knobs overheat & low RPM fan alarm
    3 level of overheat temperature setting
    Multi-slot memory card reader/writer
    I/O interface including USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Serial ATA
    Temperature setting for C or F
    Avaliable in black or silver
    DUDE !
    Looking at some google searches, I see Belkin will admit that their 15-in-1 reader will NOT read 2GB cards. I looked at SanDisk's reader and there was no mention of 2GB support. I think I fried a card in my Belkin reader (returned it though) and this new one ("upgraded" to a SanDisk Ultra 2 for my new camera) isn't readable in the belkin either.

I am hoping SanDisk's reader can read it, but no mention of it on their site. To ask them questions you have to "register" for an "Ebox" (what's wrong with email support?) so I'll just call them in the morning.
    Hi
    I just got this one for my Patriot 2 GB card and it works great, it is also a mp3 player

MP3 player & Card reader

Melmak