Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let me preface this with the fact that I desperately want the 700P.

I still have the 600. What would be the advantage of getting the 700P? I would have to shell out enough money to buy a laptop, plus a lot of software and accessories would have to be upgraded too.

It seem like it would have a better screen (same as 650), bluetooth (same as 650), better camera, EvDO, more main memory (not a problem with PowerRun), and ?????

I need a way to justify this with the Mrs.!!!
    The differences are like night and day between the 600 and the 650. Between the 600 and 700p? Way too many to list. If you want to know about the 700p and it's reported features, use the search button at the top of the page, and search any of the vast list of 700p threads in the forums.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Just what I was looking for!
    I tried doing a forum search - No Go.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Just what I was looking for!
    I tried doing a forum search - No Go.
    that's funny...I got back 500 search results.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    that's funny...I got back 500 search results.
    Link Please!
    Just call me Berd.
    arrrghhhhhh
    it's newer and does more sh!t
    ...FNG's

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by jlsheldon
    What will the 700p do that the 600 won't
    Empty your wallet by about 600 bucks !

Let yu walk around w/o a wire attatched to your head.

See lotsa stuff on da screen

Blueteeth

Go fast

Download fast

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Blueteeth
    Now now...don't go overboard selling this baby. It only has ONE blue tooth.
    It will also have the ability to change Hagger's avatar daily.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    It will also come with the ability to search a forum for an answer to a question you may have.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    It will also come with the ability to search a forum for an answer to a question you may have.
    Now that's just wishful thinking.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Sports the new Mirror Mechansim ver. 2.0.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Now now...don't go overboard selling this baby. It only has ONE blue tooth.
    But ya are supposta be able to use more than one tooth at a time.
    Yes, he should know the answer to his questions by doing some searches. But seeing as we have more off-topic posting these days than useful, constructive posting, I'll jump in and add some value to this thread...

Here are my thoughts pros/cons compared to a Treo 600:

- Much faster internet data transfer thanks to Ev-DO, but don't expect cable modem / DSL speeds.
    - *MUCH* better screen than the 600. I heard a while back that the 700p would have an improved screen over the 650's, but I don't know what that means. If nothing else, I'm hoping they allow for the white border to be turned off, which should make the video playing experience nicer.
    - Should be a better camera than the 600's. Certainly higher resolution. But compared to the 650, it may produce less pleasing photos (color saturation is kinda blah).
    - Phone app probably won't allow for the quick D-Pad access to your four (five?) favorite apps, though we haven't seen recent photos of the phone app, so maybe they came to their senses and improved upon the 650's phone app.
    - Bluetooth. Compared to the 650, it may be a newer version of BT, which would be nice.
    - Plenty o' memory to store your apps. Use the SD slot for MP3s, videos, etc.
    - Replaceable battery.
    - You'll need to remove the battery cover in order to do a soft reset. Lame. But maybe with all that extra memory and some OS improvements we won't need to do soft resets as often as with the 650? (FWIW, I haven't had to do a manual soft reset nearly as often with my 650 since the last 650 patch).
    - D-Pad isn't nearly as nice as the 600's. That one was schweet. Why did they change it?

I'm probably forgetting several things.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman
    And the end Result ; World Peace!
    Just call me Berd.
    hmmmm interesting since all that people talk about here is the 700..and you did not get no results in the search?...hmmmm TC might need to get fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Yes, he should know the answer to his questions by doing some searches. But seeing as we have more off-topic posting these days than useful, constructive posting, I'll jump in and add some value to this thread...
    [snip
    So does this mean you are going to replace our beloved search button with a "live" human? Namely...You?

Thread Crapper

The organic search engine, code named "Nancy"
    Last edited by Insertion; 05/11/2006 at 07:42 PM. Reason: I speeled sum werds rong.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast