It does look like Mossberg. I bet he'll have a 700p review the day it comes out.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Whooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    If the 700p does not do directpush I will wait for the 700w !!!!!!

Its been sooo long I'm sure that have allreaddy started working on the 800w
    What is up with all the FNG's lately? I've seen sooo many newbies just this week, you would think the 700p was out already. We don't usually get this kind of influx till the christmas season.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

"What is up with all the FNG's lately? I've seen sooo many newbies just this week, you would think the 700p was out already. We don't usually get this kind of influx till the christmas season."

Word of the warm reception we give them must be spreading.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Its been sooo long I'm sure that have already started working on the 800w
    Announcement September 25, available November 6 ... in both p and w versions...with the 670w coming out before that .... after that next GSM Treo will be the 900L.

Of course I am guessing at the numbers but my guess is there will be two Treos on people's shopping lists next season.

One not as capable as the 700 ...maybe more hardware but less business features than the 700p/w ...focusing on MM and aimed at the "younger" audience.

One hi end Treo, $775 - $900 maybe the last GSM POS fling before they move to Linux or ALP.

Not based on rumors, hints, leaks or whatever but just looking at what I think has a market.

1. I think Palm needs a "intro" device to suck the market up to their higher priced Treos next time they buy.

2. I don't think they can afford to go 2 years (post XMas) without a new high end model for GSM or risk losing too many customers.

3. They need something that will fly in Europe.

4. At this point they have too much to lose skipping either WM or POS....20% of Treo sales were WM5 last quarter. Can't give up that 80% for now .... can't give up the 20% inroad into corporate america or risk losing mindshare for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    20% of Treo sales were WM5 last quarter. Can't give up that 80% for now .... can't give up the 20% inroad into corporate america or risk losing mindshare for the future.
    Consider, too, that Palm made those numbers with the 700W only available on Verizon. If the numbers were that good, with that phone only available on one carrier, there has to be a lot of pent-up demand for a WM5 version on other carriers as well. (Few people are as eager as TC'ers to switch service providers just to get their hands on the latest Treo!)

My guess is that Palm will release the 700W as soon as they have the legal clearance to do so.
    bigmattyh, at the risk of sounding like a WM-hater, keep in mind that these sales numbers were most likely sales to carriers, not sales to end users. Verizon had an exclusive on the 700w which quite likely meant that they had to commit to purchasing xx/month whether they could sell them or not. The next quarter's numbers may be more informational.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    bigmattyh, at the risk of sounding like a WM-hater, keep in mind that these sales numbers were most likely sales to carriers, not sales to end users. Verizon had an exclusive on the 700w which quite likely meant that they had to commit to purchasing xx/month whether they could sell them or not. The next quarter's numbers may be more informational.
    True or not, it's still pretty impressive. Verizon isn't the kind of company to order that many units unless they believe there is demand for a similar number of units. Keep in mind that launch inventory is likely more expensive to purchase that inventory in the 2nd quarter of release so they don't have a huge incentive to overbuy at the beginning unless they truly believe the sales are there to be had...