Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    a Treo 650 for $.99? Seems sketchy, but he has 400+ feedback, only one negative.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HANDSPRING-T...QQcmdZViewItem

    The only downside I see is that you have to sign up for a second line ($10/mo) if you are an existing customer (which I am). Even if you didnt want a second line (which I need anyway), you could simply cancel it, and you would still be ahead by a lot on the phone price.

    I am currently a sprint customer, and I called yesterday to order the Treo, but they wanted me to pay $430 for it if I was replacing my current phone, or $350 -$50 mail in rebate if I opened up a second line.
  2. #2  
    Looks legit. Even the fine print.

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  3. #3  
    I was looking at that the other day (while in a pessimistic mood about the potential of a 700p release). If you do it, please let us know the outcome.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mysubaruimp
    a Treo 650 for $.99? Seems sketchy, but he has 400+ feedback, only one negative.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HANDSPRING-T...QQcmdZViewItem

    The only downside I see is that you have to sign up for a second line ($10/mo) if you are an existing customer (which I am). Even if you didnt want a second line (which I need anyway), you could simply cancel it, and you would still be ahead by a lot on the phone price.

    I am currently a sprint customer, and I called yesterday to order the Treo, but they wanted me to pay $430 for it if I was replacing my current phone, or $350 -$50 mail in rebate if I opened up a second line.
    Read the fine print. With these deals, you usually have to keep the line active for a certain amount of time. Otherwise, yes, I'd be all over this too.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Read the fine print. With these deals, you usually have to keep the line active for a certain amount of time. Otherwise, yes, I'd be all over this too.
    Which is not a problem at all for me since I planned to do this anyway, but even if you cancel, you pay a $150 termination fee. That leaves you with the phone in your hands for $150.99 that you could add to your existing plan. At $150, it is still a better deal than what you would normally pay for it through sprint.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mysubaruimp
    Which is not a problem at all for me since I planned to do this anyway, but even if you cancel, you pay a $150 termination fee. That leaves you with the phone in your hands for $150.99 that you could add to your existing plan. At $150, it is still a better deal than what you would normally pay for it through sprint.
    I'll have to call them and confirm that I'd only owe $150 if I cancel (no fee from the seller's end).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mysubaruimp
    Which is not a problem at all for me since I planned to do this anyway, but even if you cancel, you pay a $150 termination fee. That leaves you with the phone in your hands for $150.99 that you could add to your existing plan. At $150, it is still a better deal than what you would normally pay for it through sprint.

    That is not the case. They are indeed the real deal....there is a ton of positive feedback on them over at www.sprintusers.com. When you order, you have to take a new plan for $60. You must keep that for 30 days at which point you can then switch it to a shared plan etc. If you make any changes to the plan before 30 days, you loose all the rebates and you will wind up paying $599 (or whatevery the full price is from sprint) for the phone...not just the early termination fee. Several people found this out the hard way even though the people at sprintnetwork are very clear about this requirement. I just ordered another 6700 from them yesterday..and am thinking about tacking on a 650 just because I would like to try it out.

    It might be that you can cancel after 30 days and pay the etf..which is now $200 I think...plus the $60 for the month of service..so you would have the phone for $260. Not sure if this would work or not.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeswick
    That is not the case. They are indeed the real deal....there is a ton of positive feedback on them over at www.sprintusers.com. When you order, you have to take a new plan for $60. You must keep that for 30 days at which point you can then switch it to a shared plan etc. If you make any changes to the plan before 30 days, you loose all the rebates and you will wind up paying $599 (or whatevery the full price is from sprint) for the phone...not just the early termination fee. Several people found this out the hard way even though the people at sprintnetwork are very clear about this requirement. I just ordered another 6700 from them yesterday..and am thinking about tacking on a 650 just because I would like to try it out.
    Thanks for the info. $150 Treo sounded to good to be true
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  9. #9  
    Yeah I've heard of these deals and done the math on them... Not too shabby, not too shabby.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
  10. #10  
    Okay, I've done some incredibly complex integral and differential calculus to come up with this.
    $499.99 Regular Price
    -$485.00 Instant Discount
    -$50.00 Mail In Rebate
    ------------------------------
    $0.99 Final Price
    ------------------------------
    Save Over $280 TODAY!
    That makes absolutely no sense!! Child labor must be a serious issue wherever that company is based from, because they do math like first graders. First of all $485+$50>$499 therefore the final price cannot be 99 cents. Second of all you get an instant $485 rebate, I certainly hope that $485 is greater than $280 or we have issues! Looks incredibly sketchy at best...


  11. #11  
    Yes..the math in their auction leaves a lot to be desired

    Here is the link to the thread over at sprintusers:

    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91926

    Quite a few people have bought and reported back in that thread..also there are a few other ebay sellars with similar deals people have used.

Posting Permissions