1.    #1  
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I thought I read at some point that the 700p was going to Verizon first, not Sprint. Was that false information? Thanks!
    My understanding is that it will be launched on both Sprint and Verizon in the same time frame.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TVProgrammer
    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I thought I read at some point that the 700p was going to Verizon first, not Sprint. Was that false information? Thanks!
    I am sure you read it, probably here, Gadgets on the Go, HOFO, and the bathroom wall at the local Chevron station. Just because it has been posted does not mean it is true. As of today, there is only on Treo 700 and it is a windows version and only available with one carrier. Everything else is speculation and rumors. Some of these seem to be more credible than others, but still all rumors.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by TVProgrammer

If you have been reading THIS forum, you can find a quote to support any scenario your heart desires. . . .

But I think Jimmie is right: both, same time, soon.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    my vzw rep said "soon now" today. not sure if that means same time, but its still good news
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...t-this-summer/

OOPS - this is the link to the Sprint 700w engagdget post - my apologies
    We did have this Curly fellow who was quite insistent in this regard that Verizon was going to be first.

Both are expected within 2 weeks of one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    We did have this Curly fellow who was quite insistent in this regard that Verizon was going to be first.

Both are expected within 2 weeks of one another.
    I posted this in another thread, but i have some additional information on the subject. My wife is employed by a large university that has a contract with Verizon. I had a business contract with Sprint which has expired. We had contact with the Verizon rep who services the university contract to discuss switching to Vzn service. It was made clear to the rep that we wanted the 700p. The rep "did some research" and told us that they, Vzn would not be getting the 700p until July1. The cost would be "about the same as the 700w." The institutional price the rep estimated was $450.00. The cost of the internet service was an additional $50.00. It would require a 2 year contract to get that price. I am somewhat skeptical of the info since the rep could not be very specific about some of the questions as to announcement dates, specs, etc., so the info may not be of limited value. The rep has agreed to a sit down discussion, but if the 700p comes out on Sprint with "reasonable" rates, I will go with Sprint.
    Legalbeagle
    I talked to a Verizon Tech/Rep @ NAB in Vegas last month. He told me when he got back to Texas he would be getting a 700P for a month of field testing. He expected the phone to be released in June. Interesting point, it will be a little cheaper than the 700W, because there would be no additional license fees tacked on by Microsoft.
    Last edited by Wackey Guy; 05/12/2006 at 01:05 AM.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."