1.    #1  
    Sorry for the dumb question. I searched the threads and didn't see any topics that addresses this question. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
    airplane mode is just when the phone is off but the device is still on.........

in other words, just turn off the radio (phone function) and you are then in airplane mode.......
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Just turn the phone off.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ditto..now that sayd can anyone change the banner (vzw 650) to let it say airplane mode rather than phone off? This would help with ignorant flight attendants.
    Yes I am aware of the srint slash mods thread but there is no help for verizon folks there
    press and hold the red button
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    ditto..now that sayd can anyone change the banner (vzw 650) to let it say airplane mode rather than phone off? This would help with ignorant flight attendants.
    Yes I am aware of the srint slash mods thread but there is no help for verizon folks there
    I'd like the same for my unlocked GSM phone. I was on a plane yesterday and the flight attendant human asked me whether my Treo was off. Yes the phone was off but I was doing PIM things. Luckily I saw her coming and hit the red button to turn off the screen. Showed her the screen and she was happy. But for the dunces out there in Flight Attendant-land it would be nice to have a simple hack that said in big letters "Airplane Mode" then they would be happy.

Though I must confess that I have NEVER had an issue with a flight attendant and my Treo on domestic or international flights. So this is more a theoretical problem than a real problem for me. OK. I confess. I just like to modify my Treo. That's the real reason I want the hack.
    On my originally cingular 650 phone, after I have turned off the phone by pressing and holding the red phone button, pressing the green phone button displays "Phone Off".
    Quote Originally Posted by qposner
    Sorry for the dumb question. I searched the threads and didn't see any topics that addresses this question. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
    Take a piece of paper and with a dark marker write the words "Airplane Mode" on the page.

Then Using the treo take a picture of that piece of paper.

Then set that photo as the background for the phone display.

Have Fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by fswartz
    Take a piece of paper and with a dark marker write the words "Airplane Mode" on the page.

Have Fun.
    Great answer
    I think a crayon, preferably purple, would be more fitting.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  11.    #11  
    Thanks. That is what I needed to know. I can't believe I didn't figure that out...
    Just load the attached jpeg into your media file and when flying, set it as your wallpaper in the phone app. If questioned, go to the phone app and show the flight attendant that the phone is in "Airplane Mode"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Somebody made one for southwest airlines that was very well done...tried a quick serach here on da forum but didn't find it......but it's here somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Somebody made one for southwest airlines that was very well done...tried a quick serach here on da forum but didn't find it......but it's here somewhere.
    Here ya go.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=66781&page=10&pp=20&highlight=jetblue
    These are the Southwest gifs.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 05/11/2006 at 05:01 PM.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Have Fun.
    I like this solution but since it is too simple I am going to use the Southwest solution listed above. Even though it is totally unnecessary. Or maybe precisely because it is unnecessary. I need more coffee.
    That prc is Sprint only I presume ?

Sure would be nice to have a generic one...photoshop or soem other kinda file file that is editable for each carrier.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts

Have Fun.

that was stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    that was stupid
    I think it ranks up there with a Captain Caveman idea!
    Of course, we've no Teen Angels to help if that idea doesn't work.