Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Below are the unknown files on my radio (not SD card). Some could be the effects of a dirty uninstall. I dont really care about the smaller sized files, unless they are complete garbage. My biggest concern are those larger files - what are they and do i need them? Most apps have been placed onto my SD card now. I've been getting more resets lately and wish to clean up the unneeded files. They are probably from me testing downloaded apps off the Net. Probably not the best apps, either!

I figure the more memory on the radio, more RAM so that it won't crash on me. Been running most apps off my SD card.

So if possible, can you identify the file (software associated) and if i need it or not.

Thanks!

Documents 422K
    kjava_eng 1535K (could be standard manufacturer app)
    messages database 148K (could be standard manufacturer app)
    MIDI Ring Tones 32K (is this the treo original tones or aftermarket?)
    npadDB 342K (i run notepad off my sd card now. can i delete/move this?)
    Sheettogo 649K (could be standard manufacturer app)
    software 289K (generic title is NO help. haha)
    ss_p2p 230K
    wordtogofonts 275K (could be standard manufacturer app)
    wp_p2p 195K

system db chain head 2k
    teamdb 3k
    trn0-di0.date 3K
    shim logs 2K
    shmg_tblmsg 4K
    sms messages2 4K
    playerdb 3K
    registdb 3K
    fixturedb 3K
    gamestatsdb 3K
    Hssysresource68K 3K
    HStracedatabase 17K
    midataidcache 3K
    DSLib 11K
    DXTGAttachmentPlu 70K
    rwDA-resultsDB 8K

*can i remove these db files?*

BIG THANKS.
    Last edited by ike301; 05/11/2006 at 10:55 AM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Search for 'DataViz tech tool' and move all those DTG files to the card.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Search for 'DataViz tech tool' and move all those DTG files to the card.
    i dont even know what a DTG files are....

*edit* documents to go. do you advise on moving this to the card? i have NEVER used these apps. at the same time, i dont want to screw around too much with manufacturer installed apps, since they prolly arent resetting my radio, ya know? but good suggestion tho!
    Last edited by ike301; 05/11/2006 at 11:06 AM.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    i dont even know what a DTG files are....

*edit* documents to go. do you advise on moving this to the card? i have NEVER used these apps. at the same time, i dont want to screw around too much with manufacturer installed apps, since they prolly arent resetting my radio, ya know? but good suggestion tho!
    Moving them to the card with the tech tool will free up about 4mb of ram though.
    This is the thread that talks about shifting DTG files to the SD card. Seemed to work without problems for me. That should reduce your unknown file list quite a bit.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    cool. thanks guys. will look into the DTG stuff tonight. other than that, what are those other files?
    1.04-SPNT
    Of the ones you list, I have only the following files internally. I have no idea what the other files are. I have a Sprint phone with a custom rom so what I have may not apply to your carrier or the apps you have installed. I wouldn't delete files arbitrarily unless you have a backup program and can easily restore. Otherwise, it's quite a process to fix an unstable configuration.

messages database 148K
    MIDI Ring Tones 32K

system db chain head 2k
    shim logs 2K
    sms messages2 4K
    Hssysresource68K 3K
    HStracedatabase 17K
    midataidcache 3K
    DSLib 11K
    DXTGAttachmentPlu 70K
    rwDA-resultsDB 8K
    I grabbed one randomly npad, went yahoo'ing and got this

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79873

If ya do the same with the others yu should get similar results.

Some are obvious ... or seemingly so

Documents 422K ..... Your Docs2Go documents
    messages database 148K ....your messages database
    Sheettogo 649K ...... Docs2Go spreadsheet app)
    wordtogofonts 275K ....fonts for Dodcs2Go word processor

If ya look in file z and look at the file attributes you can often match the file with the program it belongs to.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Moving them to the card with the tech tool will free up about 4mb of ram though.
    do you think freeing up 4MB of ram on the radio would actually reduce the number of resets? of course most are probably program conflicts or something, but would more ram mean more stableness and perhaps allow the radio to resolved those conflicts rather than crash?

thoughts?
    1.04-SPNT
    I have 15+MB free and TrackerDog is reporting 187 individual apps on my Treo.....the big jump (from 104) is from displaying ROM apps. I have had about 5 lockups / resets in 15 months this way. Most resets / lockups are caused by conflicts, insufficient memory or insufficient dbcache. Even with 15 MB free, you can get programs acting funny after loing of use....using TomTom for example for 5 -6 hours must reult in insuffficient cache or leaked memory problems causing csreen to go bonkers losing color and position every few seconds until you either flush the cache or reset.