Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. jjd
    This article from techworld.com:

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/ne...gtype=samechan

states as fact that the 700p has been released and even quotes Palm about it. The last part of the article says:

"Even in the US, the Treo 700p is not yet in stores. Palm said telephony carriers Sprint and Verizon Wireless would soon announce pricing and availability."

So I guess that confirms that both Sprint and Verizon will have it at launch.

--Jim--
    Opps . . . . has the link already been trashed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The Palm Gestapo works fast...Actually, I think the Roswell recovery teams and cover up were not as efficient and successful.

WHY all the secrecy about the "P" if it's coming ina few days...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Now it works -- but it sends me to a registration page . . . .

Count me in the "one less registered member" category. . . . .
    Now it works -- but it sends me to a registration page . . . .

Count me in the "one less registered member" category. . . . .
    Man, I am with you there!!!!!!!!!!!

EDITED: I still keep getting "page not found" error...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I got a buddy who's a sales rep for sprint and he called me yesterday telling me that they were just briefed on the new Treo. I haven't been out here on the TCentral boards in a while, but I was suprised that there wasn't more of a buzz about it.

My buddy read off a very limited spec sheet for it, but apparently it has the new EVDO capability (Power Vision), and appears to be pretty similar to the 700W. My only question is about the screen resolution. I hope they give it the full 320x320.

Price point for the new model is $700 (OUCH!!!)
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Quote Originally Posted by jjd
    This article from techworld.com:

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/ne...gtype=samechan

states as fact that the 700p has been released and even quotes Palm about it. The last part of the article says:

"Even in the US, the Treo 700p is not yet in stores. Palm said telephony carriers Sprint and Verizon Wireless would soon announce pricing and availability."

So I guess that confirms that both Sprint and Verizon will have it at launch.

--Jim--
    There's no story there, and a cursory run through of their news section shows nothing as well. Either Palm Gestapo, or a false post. For the record I believe the first scenario. If the link can't be brought back up mods please close the thread.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8. jjd
    Wow. That was fast.

Luckily for you guys I still had it in my browser and made a .pdf file:

http://serenity.jjd.com/700p.pdf

I use small fonts so you'll have to enlarge it with your pdf viewer to read it easily.

--Jim--
    Quote Originally Posted by hypesteve
    I got a buddy who's a sales rep for sprint and he called me yesterday telling me that they were just briefed on the new Treo. I haven't been out here on the TCentral boards in a while, but I was suprised that there wasn't more of a buzz about it.

My buddy read off a very limited spec sheet for it, but apparently it has the new EVDO capability (Power Vision), and appears to be pretty similar to the 700W. My only question is about the screen resolution. I hope they give it the full 320x320.

Price point for the new model is $700 (OUCH!!!)

Long time no read. Welcome back!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Long time no read. Welcome back!

THANKS!!! Good to be back.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Well, I see why that article got busted by PG (Palm Gestapo for newbies):

"One benefit of the Palm version is ability for laptop users to use it as a wireless modem,..."

Couple that with today's WSJ article on Verison, Sprint and Cingular busting "excess use" of an unlimited data plan , and you can see why thearticle was pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Well, I see why that article got busted by PG (Palm Gestapo for newbies):

"One benefit of the Palm version is ability for laptop users to use it as a wireless modem,..."

Couple that with today's WSJ article on Verison, Sprint and Cingular busting "excess use" of an unlimited data plan , and you can see why thearticle was pulled.
    I wonder what "excess" is and how Sprint is going to square that with SPRINT TV usage over PowerVision on a 700P . . . . . . .
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjd
    Wow. That was fast.

Luckily for you guys I still had it in my browser and made a .pdf file:

http://serenity.jjd.com/700p.pdf

I use small fonts so you'll have to enlarge it with your pdf viewer to read it easily.

--Jim--

Well done!

Thanks!!!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I wonder what "excess" is and how Sprint is going to square that with SPRINT TV usage over PowerVision on a 700P . . . . . . .
    Bingo - as Capt. Kirk often said "We're on a collision course Scotty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Bingo - as Capt. Kirk often said "We're on a collision course Scotty...."
    So if your average Joe had Sprint TV, but also used his 700 (notice I dropped the P) as a teather to his laptop, Sprint would be none the wiser?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    So if your average Joe had Sprint TV, but also used his 700 (notice I dropped the P) as a teather to his laptop, Sprint would be none the wiser?
    Don't know about that. The content from Sprint TV is probably going to come from a Sprint controlled server. The laptop tethered data will be coming from everywhere.

Unlimited should mean unlimited though. If my carrier (VZW) expects me to pay them $45 a month for unlimited access I should be able to do whatever I want wtih that access as long as I don't violate any laws.
    Um...do we know if this is legit? A news article could be easily faked. Sorry, I'm on my Treo so I don't know if the OP is a long-timer or a noob. For the record, I do believe that both Sprint and Verizon will release the 700p, so it's more the principle of the thing.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Um...do we know if this is legit? A news article could be easily faked. Sorry, I'm on my Treo so I don't know if the OP is a long-timer or a noob. For the record, I do believe that both Sprint and Verizon will release the 700p, so it's more the principle of the thing.
    You be the judge...

jjd

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. jjd
    It feels odd, somehow, to have my legitimacy questioned, just for trying to share. But having watched "As The Treo Turns" many times before, I can understand why people are skeptical.

To perhaps ease your fears, you can find a reference to this article in google. Go to http://news.google.com and type: treo 700p site:techworld.com

Perhaps this link will work:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...nG=Search+News
    I did a search for 700p on the site and came up with a link to the article, but when I followed the link it sent me to the page not found screen. Makes me think that the article was there, but got pulled. Man, if only we could get the government to be as efficient as the Palm gestappo.

Gargoyle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast