Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Click this link

http://www.computerpartner.nl/articl...ws=int&id=3260

Seems this is where the site got its story...or vice versa
    that story is riddled with innacuracies.
    According to the article wouldn't the launch date/announcement be on May 22?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtech
    Does anyone have the webcast link for Palm's meeting that is supposed to be taking place this morning?
    don't think there is one since it is a meeting with an investment house I believe...I have a bugged mouse in the room. Wait I hear them saying Palm OS is dead!!! lol. Wait till Jimmie post that on his blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Opps . . . . has the link already been trashed?

Well I guess we do not need FCC approval. Of course we have mentioned this before.

Soon we will have our grubby hands on this cool device. Perry has always said we would have the 700P and I too knew it would happen. There have been a few doubters (who were trying to just tease or raze us rather than being non believers; however they will not probably admit to that)

Showed that Sprint Copy book or whatever it is to a Sprint store and they were delighted to get it. He said their regional boss does not give them that information.

As Perry say's "Cheers"
    Does anyone have the webcast link for Palm's meeting that is supposed to be taking place this morning?
    URL for webcast:
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/staging/phoenix.zhtml?c= 128690&p=conferenceAgenda&id=1173558&day=1 (Due to its length, this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser's address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.)

This is why I went to the Palm website in the first place. . . .
    Thanks Perry. That link works after I found the space between the http://phx.corporate-ir.net/staging/phoenix.zhtml?c= 128690&
    It looks like Palm choose not to webcast. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    URL for webcast:
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/staging/phoenix.zhtml?c= 128690&p=conferenceAgenda&id=1173558&day=1 (Due to its length, this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser's address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.)

This is why I went to the Palm website in the first place. . . .
    no workie.
  9. jjd
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    JJD, where in Beantown are you from?? If there is a 700p in the area, I think it may be worth the drive to take a look at..
    Hi David. I didn't say I had a 700p, I just pointed to the article. As soon as I can find one for purchase, I'm all over it.

--Jim--
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    no workie.
    So much for Palm's Press Room information. . . .
  11. jjd
    It looks like Palm choose not to webcast. Am I missing something?
    I think they did webcast. When I used perry's corrected link, I got the schedule for yesterday. I clicked on the "May 11" link which brought up today's schedule. There was a link for the Palm webcast, but it would be over by now. They were presenting from 10:20 - 10:40 EDT. When I clicked on the webcast link, I got to a registration page at which point I was bored and stopped.

I wouldn't think they would make a major product announcement in a 20 minute presentation at some random conference sandwiched between presentations by Micrel Semiconductor and FORMFACTOR, INC.

--Jim--
    I went there-it says the stream is unavailable; it either has not started or is being prepared for on-demand viewing and will be available shortly.
    If it went on its scheduled time, perhaps we can get it soon and see if they've released any tidbits!?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjd
    I think they did webcast. When I used perry's corrected link, I got the schedule for yesterday. I clicked on the "May 11" link which brought up today's schedule. There was a link for the Palm webcast, but it would be over by now. They were presenting from 10:20 - 10:40 EDT. When I clicked on the webcast link, I got to a registration page at which point I was bored and stopped.

I wouldn't think they would make a major product announcement in a 20 minute presentation at some random conference sandwiched between presentations by Micrel Semiconductor and FORMFACTOR, INC.

--Jim--
    That's a good analysis. Based upon the accompanying slides, it was a pitch for why their segment of the market is on the uptrend and they are the best (no surprise). Nothing more.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Actually the webcast worked but I was too late - all I saw were the Hype Slides in the financial presentation - no information on new products - but all I did was skim it..... Oh Well......
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    The audio webcast is available now and so far it seems to be following the presentation slides pretty closely
    just give us the damn treo already
    1 | 2
    It feels odd, somehow, to have my legitimacy questioned, just for trying to share. But having watched "As The Treo Turns" many times before, I can understand why people are skeptical.
    I feel for ya bud. I understand skepticism....but geez is there really any doubt that this will be made official next week ?

I was pleased to see the pdf version subsequently posted provide a quick exoneration.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Touche! See? I'm legitimate!
    I knew you were legit, because I had posted a message a day earlier linking to the Dutch site with the same article.

I was surprised to get no response -- a flame or two is the usual reward for almost any post here (probably even if you praise moms on the eve of Mother's Day). Maybe no one saw it? I added an avatar last night (which I've now removed) that might not be to everyone's taste. Does Treocentral filter posts with politically incorrect avatars?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123