1.    #1  
    I test drove at least 6 BT headsets on my Treo 650 before settling on the HBH-662. A couple weeks ago I decided to switch to the Motorola H700 because of some of the features.

First it wouldn't work until I realized I couldn't be set up to use both headsets alternately. I had to irradicate, to the best of my ability, my HBH-662.

Finally I got the H700 installed, sync'd & working, but the sound quality/connectivity was terrible. I was told this was not normal and that this was a good headset. I figured for the short-term tho, I'd go back to my HBH-662, which had always been amazing.

Now the sound quality on THAT headset sucks. I have no other headsets to test at the moment, but I've gotta figure that this is now some sort of BT problem, since two vouched for (one by me) headsets aren't working well.

Suggestions? I can remove my HBH-662 from the trusted devices list, but I can't remove it from the known devices list so as to reinstall in on the Treo all together. I want my headset back!

Thanks-

- Beltane
  2.    #2  
    Sprint is doing a warrant replacement on the phone. Could be the phone, or could be that the new phone was running version 1.13 and the old one was 1.12. May try out the Motorola H700 again.

- Beltane
    Beltane

Here's a hint that someone provided. Worked wonders for me and others who have done it.
    Before you try to pair the headset DELETE your Bluetooth Device Cache (go to your Launcher > Menu > Delete).
    Also be sure that Device Name Cache is ENABLED (Bluetooth > Menu > Enable/Disable)
    This made my bluetooth connection work flawlessly. I could use two different headsets, the Treo picked up whichever one was ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltane
    Finally I got the H700 installed, sync'd & working, but the sound quality/connectivity was terrible. I was told this was not normal and that this was a good headset. I figured for the short-term tho, I'd go back to my HBH-662, which had always been amazing.
    I recently purchased the H700 and it is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. It either doesnt connect, and for the rare times it actually does, it doesnt stay connected. The sound quality is truly on par with Rice Krispies!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  5.    #5  
    OK, I did this and it still doesn't work. There's other problems with the device thos too, so I'll try this again with my replacement Treo. To be clear, I should leave the device name cache on the whole time and then deleve BT Device Cache and then synch all BT headsets I'd like to use.

It would be really handy if the Treo just used whichever of the headsets I've got on and in range.

As for the H700, my guy at Radio Shack who could use any headset he wants, says it's by far the best. I read thru the docs and tried some of the features and besides the horrible sound quality it was an awesome headset. Way more useful features than my HBH-662 and it's a little smaller and cool looking. Plus with that retractable boom you can get standby times of days. So if the sound quality was only bad b/c of the Treo device, I'll probably give the H700 another shot.

- Beltane

Quote Originally Posted by dcs11
    Beltane

Here's a hint that someone provided. Worked wonders for me and others who have done it.
    Before you try to pair the headset DELETE your Bluetooth Device Cache (go to your Launcher > Menu > Delete).
    Also be sure that Device Name Cache is ENABLED (Bluetooth > Menu > Enable/Disable)
    This made my bluetooth connection work flawlessly. I could use two different headsets, the Treo picked up whichever one was ON.
  6.    #6  
    Deleted bluetooth device cache, made sure device name cache was enabled, synched my brand new out of the box replacement treo and the BT still works poorly. it used to word flawlessly.

all i can think of is that it's this 1.13 update and that i was on 1.12 before.

- Beltane