Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67
  1. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Agent: The upgrades are for unlimited uasage. The information there needs to be uddated.
    Is that some kind of Sprint-speak?
  2. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Is that some kind of Sprint-speak?
    Yep, more Sprint code-words for things...Sprintese if you will (or even if you won't).

    I think it stands for (uddated) Unless dstrauss dated your daughter or something like that.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Yep, more Sprint code-words for things...Sprintese if you will (or even if you won't).

    I think it stands for (uddated) Unless dstrauss dated your daughter or something like that.
    Hey, that's Munk's exclusive territory - not this dude.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  4. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Hey, that's Munk's exclusive territory - not this dude.
    True but you were an easier target on that one...he isn't dmunk but you are dstrauss...so it fit better.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    True but you were an easier target on that one...he isn't dmunk but you are dstrauss...so it fit better.
    Guilt by association - you got to admire that...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    I'm waiting on the 700p to be released, nothing more, nothing less. I saw that it might be a powervision phone for Sprint and got pumped, didn't see that mentioned anywhere on this site,
    Not mentioned ? There's a total of 116 threads with 700p in the title of the thread alone.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113899
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113742
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113509
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113878
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111316

    Where ya think Engadget gets their info ? TC of course

    Mods...can we merge all those 116 into one thread ?
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Not mentioned ? There's a total of 116 threads with 700p in the title of the thread alone.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113899
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113742
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113509
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113878
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111316

    Where ya think Engadget gets their info ? TC of course

    Mods...can we merge all those 116 into one thread ?
    I'll have mine with fries....(upsized that is) http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  8. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Mods...can we merge all those 116 into one thread ?
    I'd like to merge all the "it's already been mentioned" posts into one thread, too...
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I'd like to merge all the "it's already been mentioned" posts into one thread, too...
    If the threads were merged, all those BTDT threads would be done in the same stroke .... then again I'm all for rendundant redundancy !

    Ya gotta admit tho....after 116 threads with 700p in da title, ya gotta question

    ....didn't see [the 700p] mentioned anywhere on this site,....
  10. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If the threads were merged, all those BTDT threads would be done in the same stroke .... then again I'm all for rendundant redundancy !

    Ya gotta admit tho....after 116 threads with 700p in da title, ya gotta question
    To be fair...you added the "700P" in there...I think he said "it" -- and I took it to mean that "it" meant that he didn't see the 700P was a Powervision Phone.

    But that's why I'm a Superhero and you're not.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Not mentioned ? There's a total of 116 threads with 700p in the title of the thread alone.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113899
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113742
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113509
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113878
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111316

    Where ya think Engadget gets their info ? TC of course

    Mods...can we merge all those 116 into one thread ?
    Naaaa. You just need to be more search specific, that's all.

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  12. #52  
    Can you give us a brief 500 word essay on this? kthnx
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #53  
    You replaced that pony in the grill with a munk head yet? [grin]

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  14. #54  
    ...and now that I look at it, it would appear that you have a beaver seat cover on the passenger side.

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    ...and now that I look at it, it would appear that you have a beaver seat cover on the passenger side.
    Indeed! It's teH Munk, with his Emma-clad beaver seat cover.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    To be fair...you added the "700P" in there
    Well that's what we use those [ ] symbols for .... it means the stuff inside the [ ] was used to replace a pronoun which, without quoting the entire paragraph, would leave uncertainty and doubt....and we can't quite afford anymore of that where the 700p is concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    ...I think he said "it" -- and I took it to mean that "it" meant that he didn't see the 700P was a Powervision Phone.
    "Powervision" is just the brand name for the service Sprint sells for their EVDO service....I would expect most peeps, at least Sprint peeps, know Powervision = EVDO. And if that's where he was going, that's only mentioned in seven of the threads. I am trying to recall any 650 threads announcing the Sprint 650 as a "Vision Phone" ?

    Actually I wasn't reacting to the original post, it was the defense that made me think "I got no problem with the original post but if ya gonna say that you looked and didn't see anything on the 700p, EVDO or PV, then we just gotta help him learn how to look better." I for one can appreciate someone making the effort to pass on some good news to fellow gadgeteers.
  17. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well that's what we use those [ ] symbols for .... it means the stuff inside the [ ] was used to replace a pronoun which, without quoting the entire paragraph, would leave uncertainty and doubt....and we can't quite afford anymore of that where the 700p is concerned.
    That was my point, Jack...the issue was what the "it" actually meant. And you inserted "700P" when I don't think that's what "it" was...


    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkin Sailor JackNaylorPE
    "Powervision" is just the brand name for the service Sprint sells for their EVDO service....I would expect most peeps, at least Sprint peeps, know Powervision = EVDO. And if that's where he was going, that's only mentioned in seven of the threads. I am trying to recall any 650 threads announcing the Sprint 650 as a "Vision Phone" ?
    Keep in mind that the average joe does NOT equate Powervision with EV-DO... they think of Powervision as that package that gets you TV on your phone...

    I still love ya, Jack. Not in a romantic way, unfortunately for you, but I still love ya...
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Keep in mind that the average joe does NOT equate Powervision with EV-DO... they think of Powervision as that package that gets you TV on your phone...
    That's why I didn't see the "it" as yu did I guess.....would be kinda like after getting 100 mailings / commercials from my cable provider saying "Optonline now offers VOIP" gettng /seeing the 101st and proclaiming "guess what honey, Optonline now offers OptimumVoice".
  19. xtant21's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Guilt by association - you got to admire that...
    Hey, I'm sure there is a guy or two on death row due to guilt by association.

    Seriously though...you were a little quiet today...had to bring you out some. I racked my brain trying to work munk into it but just couldn't find the angle.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well that's what we use those [ ] symbols for .... it means the stuff inside the [ ] was used to replace a pronoun which, without quoting the entire paragraph, would leave uncertainty and doubt....and we can't quite afford anymore of that where the 700p is concerned.



    "Powervision" is just the brand name for the service Sprint sells for their EVDO service....I would expect most peeps, at least Sprint peeps, know Powervision = EVDO. And if that's where he was going, that's only mentioned in seven of the threads. I am trying to recall any 650 threads announcing the Sprint 650 as a "Vision Phone" ?

    Actually I wasn't reacting to the original post, it was the defense that made me think "I got no problem with the original post but if ya gonna say that you looked and didn't see anything on the 700p, EVDO or PV, then we just gotta help him learn how to look better." I for one can appreciate someone making the effort to pass on some good news to fellow gadgeteers.
    Thank you, another rationale post. Based on the activity on this thread, seems like the post was well received...(LOL)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions