1.    #1  
    I have searched like crazy, but the only decent looking Palm apps for scoring at a baseball game are EXPENSIVE.

Has any baseball fan discovered a decent app at a decent price? Or, maybe have one of the expensive ones and have a critique?

Jeepers, am I really going to have to keep using paper score sheets??

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I have one....Scorekeeper...works with Turbostats....I don't recall it being that expensive....but it sure is now Helped me out a lot in Little League days. I wud still use paper scoresheets / clipboard and then transfer to palm when I got home....stats portion was great.

I have version 9.0 ... well somewhere.... at 12 by now.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have read about Scorekeeper on the web.

Bundled with Turbostats ... $159.00 Holy Crap!!

Looks like a superb program, though. Sigh.

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Why on earth are they so expensive? $60 - $160 for an electronic baseball scorecard seems ridiculous.
    Sure, for little league it's expensive. For the majors, you might have to pay $8 for a program, so for $159, you come out ahead after 20 games. For $60, it's only 8 games!
    Turbostats is more than a scoring program....you can manage a whole league with it so it's almost like a corporate app in that regard. To my mind they should sell Turbostats with like 8 client (palm) licenses so you can manage say an 8 team division. Someone oughta step in and do a simple "Gee lets go to a game tonite" thing
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Turbostats is more than a scoring program....you can manage a whole league with it so it's almost like a corporate app in that regard. To my mind they should sell Turbostats with like 8 client (palm) licenses so you can manage say an 8 team division. Someone oughta step in and do a simple "Gee lets go to a game tonite" thing
    Exactly! My interest is just as a big fan who gets more enjoyment out of the game when I keep my own score sheet. My wife and I have season tickets at a local AAA ballpark, so we go to a lot of games.

Guess I'll stick to paper.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    The scorekeeper portion (The bundle consists of turbostats on windows and scorekeepe ron Palm) does that and it's a lot cheaper.....just don't try and keep a year's worth of stats, analyze bating order efficiency, spot pitcher location tendencies or produce batter spray chartes .
    I had found a freeware/shareware baseball scoring program a while back (last year) that was a bit complicated to use, but it seemed to work well. It was basic (no color, no fancy calculations, just a score card on your palm). I know this is not helpful, but I cannot recall the name and I've deleted it from my system. I'll try to look back at my files. I got it from Palmgear (fwiw).
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Scorepad

I used this a couple of years ago, and it's great......Palm version is only $40.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    There are also two HanDbase applets to score a baseball game. I've never used them, but....
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    The price of these programs is disappointing. We get a scorecard free at every Durham Bulls game.
    Has anyone tried Scorekeeper with the 700p, on the website it says the 700 is not supported? Thanks
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Heres a link to ItsAHit!. The authors site says it is no longer being sold. The docs say the Palm version is free. It is not the most intuitive app I've ever used and only played with it a few minutes, so I'm not sure how compatible it is w/Treo. But It loaded, I entered some info and what I did try seemed to work.
    ItsAHit!

As to why most of the BB Stat programs are not cheap. I bet travelling scouts use palms and $60 isn't going to be anything if it makes your work easier(and you can charge it to the team).
    Thanks!! You are probably right on with that asumption, however it would be nice to be able to pickup the app for $30. instead of $60. as I will only be using it for my softball team and little league.
  16.    #16  
    Well, I guess I'll give ItsAHit! a shot, too. Can't beat the price now!

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint