Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After reading the thread...I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have a car stereo with a usb port.
    I have a Treo 700p with the USB Connecter.
    I tried playing music on my ptunes with the usb connecting the treo to the stereo but my stereo says it cant find anything.

Anyone can help?
    The treo would not be treated as a mass storage device. Your stereo requires a mass storage device. You could use a usb card reader and just pop the SD card into the reader.
    I have a 2008 Mercury Mariner with an aux in jack. I can plug my Treo 700p in using the 3.5 adapter and listen to radio stations from around the world.
    Sound is decent too.
    I bet within 5 years all cars have an aux in jack standard.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I have a 2008 Mercury Mariner with an aux in jack. I can plug my Treo 700p in using the 3.5 adapter and listen to radio stations from around the world.
    Sound is decent too.
    I bet within 5 years all cars have an aux in jack standard.

That is one of the best ways to do it. Just get a radio that has an auxillary input via a 3.5mm jack and use the Treo 2.5mm adapter to connect to it. Try Crutchfield to get some suggestions.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWest View Post
    After reading the thread...I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have a car stereo with a usb port.
    I have a Treo 700p with the USB Connecter.
    I tried playing music on my ptunes with the usb connecting the treo to the stereo but my stereo says it cant find anything.

Anyone can help?

Wouldn't the Cardreader program do the trick?

Or check out the Parrot MK6100 @ mobileplanet.com , mine is being installed next week.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Staheev View Post
    What about via BT?
    I would not expect the treo BT to do anything well
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Well, pump142 is right. I bought the iSkin Cerulean TX/RX. I connect the RX to my iPod FM adapter, I lunch SAG, connects to the RX, then lunch Slingplayer to listen to the music I stream from home. Literally half the time the 700p crashes. I have to manually exit Sling, switch SAG to internal speaker, then turn the car off to make it 50% success rate, otherwise above 90% of the time the 700p freezes.

It behaves similarly with my Motorola S9.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    That is one of the best ways to do it. Just get a radio that has an auxillary input via a 3.5mm jack and use the Treo 2.5mm adapter to connect to it. Try Crutchfield to get some suggestions.
    The radio I had installed in my van has an AUX input. I had the installers run a standard RCA cable out of that port. I just plug my Treo into that, and it works just fine. I wanted that setup just in case I ever decided to get Sirius or XM, too. I got a vent mount to put the Treo in (one for an iPod, but it fits my 680, too). It all works just fine.
    Kirk, you should buy a Stereo unit with a USB slot in it, then buy a 'USB thumb drive'/'USB key' and put your music on that. A 2GB 'USB thumb drive' will cost you roughly 9 ($18), which is not much more than the cost of the cables you need to connect your treo to the stereo. You would have the following benefits:
    1) You won't be running down the Treo's battery whenever you listen to music in the car
    2) The USB Thumb Drive can stay in your car, until you want to update the music on it.
    3) You can control the music from your stereo head unit or remote control (which you can't do with the Treo connected with a cable to the AUX connector)
    4) You can load music onto the USB Thumb Drive from any computer, whereas your Treo needs a sync cable or a card reader for the SD card.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i use my treo everyday to play music through my stereo. i have an aux input on my radio. i plug my cellphone car power in. i run butler and it has a setting to leave the screen on if it is plugged into a charger. i use the razr skin on pocket tunes - it is fairly finger-touchable.

now to just find a good mount so it isnt sitting in my cupholder
    Pioneer and Sony (Im sure a couple of others do too) have BT 2.0 capable equipment. SAG should see it if you pair to the head unit and voila. No wires etc.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I think Kenwood does too.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I've been using my Treo 700wx to listen to music in the car for about a year now. I like it a lot better than an ipod or CD's because it automatically pauses the music for calls which I take with a bluetooth headset, then resumes the music where it left off when the call is ended. Works for outgoing and incoming calls. I simply use Windows Media for the music, a Sony cassette adapter, and plug size adapter from Radio Shack. I also use a Radio Shack vent mount for the Treo which puts it at fingertip reach without taking my hand off the wheel in my 4Runner. I use a suction cup windshield mount in my F150 which isn't nearly as convenient but works a lot better than trying to find someplace else to put it. In both cases I keep the power plugged in.

While driving in traffic I use Live Search simultaneously for traffic updates.

I've tried a few different cassette adapters and like the Sony the best so far. The one by Monster works okay in the F150, but makes too much roller noise in the 4Runner. I recently replaced the Sony, with another Sony, because it started making an annoying electrical popping noise. I tried a cheaper cassette adapter and returned it before leaving the parking lot because it sounded absolutely horrible, so brand does make a difference. The Sony and Monster sound as good as CD's.

I think I'm ready now to convert my stock 4Runner stereo to a direct connection. Crutchfield sells one for $139 and $169 that's really an ipod adapter with an aux in also. I don't need the ipod connection so I'm afraid I'd be paying for more than I need. I like and use ipods, but prefer the Treo in the car for the call-music pausing. Otherwise I miss a lot of calls because I don't hear the phone. Any suggestions?

No doubt my next car will have an aux connection for a headphone or RCA input plug. I think they're becoming standard and I won't buy one without it.
    Last edited by treo dOOd; 01/19/2008 at 08:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Kirk, you should buy a Stereo unit with a USB slot in it, then buy a 'USB thumb drive'/'USB key' and put your music on that. A 2GB 'USB thumb drive' will cost you roughly 9 ($18), which is not much more than the cost of the cables you need to connect your treo to the stereo. You would have the following benefits:
    1) You won't be running down the Treo's battery whenever you listen to music in the car
    2) The USB Thumb Drive can stay in your car, until you want to update the music on it.
    3) You can control the music from your stereo head unit or remote control (which you can't do with the Treo connected with a cable to the AUX connector)
    4) You can load music onto the USB Thumb Drive from any computer, whereas your Treo needs a sync cable or a card reader for the SD card.
    But you can't play live streams from radio stations and other sources with this approach. I use the simple aux solution myself.

Does anyone no of a good mount with power and aux jack for a Centro that would mount well in a Toyota Rav 4?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    For good vehicle mounting options, check out www.proclip.com. I have been using one in my Rav4 for a Treo 700p with no issues. Installation was very simple.
    My bad... the url is www.proclipusa.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12