1.    #1  
    After Cingular changed my voice mail access number (without telling me ), I found out that I cannot edit the VM number on my Favorite button. When I go to edit favorite, for the button marked VoiceMail (1), the number is not editable.

The Cingular level 2 tech rep was astonished - he had never seen that. But I simply cannot edit or change the VM number - when I edit favorites, it's hard coded, and not selectable.

Anyone else (on Cingular) have this? Or is my Treo weird? Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    When did they change your access number? Was it several months ago after they sent out letters to customers, and then followed up with an automated phone call reminding us that the number would change the next day? No, I have not the problem.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3.    #3  
    They changed it Monday. Today, someone called me, and said they were getting the message, "Please enter your 10 digit number...". Cingular Tech Rep said I was switched Monday to a new server. No notification. Different number.

What's weird is that the Call Preferences - Forward calls to... menu was updated. But my #1 quickdial key wasn't. He finally went into the system and updated the number that way, and after powering off and on, my phone was updated. Still weird that I simply cannot change that number.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benzlet
    They changed it Monday. Today, someone called me, and said they were getting the message, "Please enter your 10 digit number...". Cingular Tech Rep said I was switched Monday to a new server. No notification. Different number.

What's weird is that the Call Preferences - Forward calls to... menu was updated. But my #1 quickdial key wasn't. He finally went into the system and updated the number that way, and after powering off and on, my phone was updated. Still weird that I simply cannot change that number.
    That is a little out of the ordinary. Glad you got it fixed, but what an ordeal.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"