Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's looking more and more like the Sprint Treo 700p (possibly called just Treo 700) may be out on the 28th. Ev-DO seems confirmed, as does the included app bundle, including pTunes.

So what might we still be surprised with?

Wi-Fi support via Palm's SDIO Wi-Fi card? Possibly. But, if so, expect this to be a manually initiated process where the phone functionality will be disabled thanks to Palm OS Garnet's poor multitasking support.

New case color? The most recent 700p shots are in a Verizon-branded case. I'm anticipating a charcoal Sprint 700p more like the Treo 600 design. Wasn't there an antenna-less "supposed Hollywood" photo with this colorscheme?

I will say that the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the recently leaked photos may have been planned and controlled to build hype with them keeping some features and the casing color secret.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I will say that the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the recently leaked photos may have been planned and controlled to build hype with them keeping some features and the casing color secret.
    I would agree. As for surprises, I would be shocked (happy) if they included wifi. That just might push me into buying one.
    Oooooo....A new thread!

It's all speculation.....

SURPRISE!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I exspect to be underwhelmed. But that would not be a surprise considering Palm's history.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    I would agree. As for surprises, I would be shocked (happy) if they included wifi. That just might push me into buying one.
    But if there is a wifi driver on the 700p how long until it's hacked to work on the 650? An hour or two?
    Push you where....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Push you where....
    In that special place.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    I exspect to be underwhelmed. But that would not be a surprise considering Palm's history.
    That's the wonderful misunderstood joy of being a pessimist - you're never really disappointed because you rexpectations are SO LOW.

Remember the pessimists parable:

A poor little birdy was late flying south for the winter. He got caught in a raging snowsorm in Kansas, and flopped into the barnyard nearly buried in snow. A cow, making it's way to the barn dropped a big cow patty on the little bird, beginning to warm the freezing animal. As he warmed, began to stir, and started chirping, the barnyard cat came along, cleaned up the little birdy, and snarfed him down in one gulp. The moral of the story...

Not everyone who dumps on you is your enemy, and not everyone who picks you up and coddles you is your friend.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Perhaps that OnDemand Software will be a nice surprise. Or getting local live channels, that would be a really nice surprise. The best surprise would be useful location based services, including GPS like navigation with realtime traffic. They told me that was comming when I purchased my Treo 300.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    In that special place.
    Under the seat, huh?
    Geeez! Don't any of you have jobs???
    Oops. Guess I'm lurking too...
    I thought Windows Mobile also can't do wifi and phone at the same time, and it multitasks, right?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I pray to God that he's wrong, but I work at RadioShack (it'll be my 6th year this September), and our Sprint rep told me that the new Sprint Treo will NOT be Palm based. He said this and I quote: "Palm isn't in the business of making software anymore." Could this be true guys? Our Sprint rep is an ex RadioShack manager, so I used to value what he says. With this, I'm not so sure. Perry, I'm not gonna be stuck with the 650 another year if I want the Palm OS am I? I need some proof that Sprint will carry a Palm version of the 700. I know where Palm's headquarters are, and I do have access to a sniper rifle. If there's no Palm OS coming on the Treo 700, there's gonna be trouble...
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  15.    #15  
    No, you *were* lurking, but now you're posting.

Another possible surprise...
    - Sprint releases the 700w alongside the 700p. How and why this would have been kept a secret while the 700p was not, leaves me doubting this. One possible explanation though could be that if Palm or Sprint were the ones leaking the photos, they would still be obliged to honor the Verizon 700w exclusivity agreement.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    No it is definitely a Palm OS based Treo, I know someone who has one, and also a NDA.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    I pray to God that he's wrong, but I work at RadioShack (it'll be my 6th year this September), and our Sprint rep told me that the new Sprint Treo will NOT be Palm based. He said this and I quote: "Palm isn't in the business of making software anymore." Could this be true guys? Our Sprint rep is an ex RadioShack manager, so I used to value what he says. With this, I'm not so sure. Perry, I'm not gonna be stuck with the 650 another year if I want the Palm OS am I? I need some proof that Sprint will carry a Palm version of the 700. I know where Palm's headquarters are, and I do have access to a sniper rifle. If there's no Palm OS coming on the Treo 700, there's gonna be trouble...

Fear not djraw. All will be answered by the 28th, if not sooner. As for me, Silly Season is done.

Cheers, Perry.
    Thats right, end silly season right after you get me hooked on all the silliness!!
    It's definitely Palm OS, I've already talked to someone with it. It's Sprint, and Palm OS. I am going to try to get more information out of them.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I know nothing!!!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast