Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Good question...but if Palm is true to form, these guys were advanced alpha and we'll get to do the real beta for the next six months until the 1.01 ROMs are released.

How right you are. Paying beta testers. Pick me first, please. These guys must be doing something right. Hey, I'll even pay to alpha test the damn thing.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I guess this is as good a thread as any, is the 700p going to take the SD wifi card ala 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    gfunk, I don't know what you're talkin' about, so why don't you school us? Is this an OS change or a hardware change you're describing? If the former, is it something they could implement on the TX and LifeDrive if they wanted to via an OS patch?

Well I'm just speculating of course...but on the 700w, the device actually accessed builtin flash on the proc instead of separate doc nand chip/HD like on PalmOS NVFS devices. For example, on the LD the compressed rom is actually on the HD which has to be uncompressed and loaded onto ram everytime it boots up. This is one of the reasons why the LD is so much slower than nand based devices like the Tx and 650. However, if a NVFS device uses builtin flash on the proc instead of separate doc or HD to load the OS etc, this could significantly increase performance and the nand/HD could then only be used for storage...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345