Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Anybody know who might own the warehouse that the Treos (and other sprint phones) ship out of. I THINK it is in Louisville and one of my clients works there. (I got my 650 right after release and it was sent from the warehouse in Louisville to my home in Louisville.) I have an appointment with her tomorrow and she can probably verify (she said she knews whenever sprint get a new phoen because the (all?) ship from her warehouse). Just checking to see if they ship from Louisville still.
    I wait with anticipation.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

3.    #23  
    ...so...getting back on topic...
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  4.    #24  
    Here's a bold guess for another surprise...

- The Sprint Treo won't have the stub antenna.
    Any Windows Mobile users can tell us if you can use wifi and the phone at the same time? I had the ppc-6700 running Windows Mobile 5 and I could swear that you couldn't make or receive calls while using wifi.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Here's a bold guess for another surprise...

- The Sprint Treo won't have the stub antenna.
    Now that's just silly The 6700 has the big antennae on both CDMA carriers but the variations of the Wizard don't for the GSM carriers.

I think we'll see a 750 for GSM with no antennae released in the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I thought Windows Mobile also can't do wifi and phone at the same time, and it multitasks, right?
    The Verizon 6700 doesn't do phone and WiFi at the same time because VZW is an arrogant fat pig that needs to be put down (IMO )

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sprint$'$s$ $6700$ $does$ $both$ $simultaneously$, $but$ $I$ $never$ $tried$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $time$ $I$ $had$ $one$.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I had the Sprint 6700, I don't remember if it did.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Close the thread. Just more wild speculation which is already on another thread. No reason for this just a lot of boisterous banter. Lock the door, throw away the key.
    Agreed.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Buyer beware - we had heard that the 700w was HTC's last Treo. They're the best in the business. I hope Palm didn't go the cheapo route again for the p, because if they did, we might be in for some awful surprises.

More likely, however, is that the p is HTC's final Treo (since it's the same physically as the w), and they lied in January because the alternative was to say 'the 700w and the upcoming 700p' are HTC's last Treos).
  12.    #32  
    I'm pretty sure you can use both at the same time on the Sprint 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    The Verizon 6700 doesn't do phone and WiFi at the same time because VZW is an arrogant fat pig that needs to be put down (IMO )

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sprint$'$s$ $6700$ $does$ $both$ $simultaneously$, $but$ $I$ $never$ $tried$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $time$ $I$ $had$ $one$.
    I can WiFi and talk on an 8125 (but that may be a GSM thing). I can assure you of one thing - a Frankengarnet patched 700p, even if it could use WiFi, WILL NOT be able to support WiFi and voice at the same time. Frankengarnet can barely walk and chew gum at the same time.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Close the thread. Just more wild speculation which is already on another thread. No reason for this just a lot of boisterous banter. Lock the door, throw away the key.
    Killjoy.
  15.    #35  
    Oh goodie...gharrod wants this discussion squelched. Palm must be nervous. So guys...which guesses/predictions do you think I got right?
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    Anybody know who might own the warehouse that the Treos (and other sprint phones) ship out of. I THINK it is in Louisville and one of my clients works there. (I got my 650 right after release and it was sent from the warehouse in Louisville to my home in Louisville.) I have an appointment with her tomorrow and she can probably verify (she said she knews whenever sprint get a new phoen because the (all?) ship from her warehouse). Just checking to see if they ship from Louisville still.

sprint logistics is located in lousiville, KY
    Oh goodie...gharrod wants this discussion squelched. Palm must be nervous. So guys...which guesses/predictions do you think I got right?
    ScottR you are proving my point. Go ahead. Mods this is a wasted/duplicate thread. It was started for no good reason and is in need of shutting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I can WiFi and talk on an 8125 (but that may be a GSM thing). I can assure you of one thing - a Frankengarnet patched 700p, even if it could use WiFi, WILL NOT be able to support WiFi and voice at the same time. Frankengarnet can barely walk and chew gum at the same time.
    No argument there. I was just pointing out that the 6700 can do both. No doubt the 700p CANNOT. Frankengarnet can't chew gum, but what it does do - walk - it does pretty fast.
  20.    #40  
    gharrod, this thread is meant to be a focused discussion for people who already believe (so I guess that leaves you out, right?). So, since we already believe in most/all of the info that has been leaked, the question is: What details might we *not* know?

Speculation? Yes. Redundant discussion thread? I think 'No'.
    Last edited by Scott R; 05/10/2006 at 05:40 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast