1.    #1  
    I have found a way to reproduce a problem with the camcorder. Warning, this will leave corrupted files on your SD card (embedded within the DCIM folder), which can cause unexplained system crashes!

Record a video to SD card. While it is recording, any interruption that exits the camcorder program (i.e., incoming call, pressing any hard key, etc.) will result in a corrupted file or files in your SD card.

You can verify this by going into FileZ and looking at the DCIM directory (assuming you are recording to the Unfiled directory, if you are recording to a category, it will be under that subfolder).

You may get an error upon trying to open the DCIM folder or subfolder, but just click ok. Then you will see a bunch of files in there with titles such as "1/4" or "1/2" or other symbols. If you have a SD card reader (or have a program that allows you to read the card from your PC through the usb cable), you will notice at least a couple corrupted files in these directories.

I have tried to erase these files, to no avail. Errors occur when you try to delete them with FileZ or from the card directly using a card reader.

Further, these files can cause the following symptoms:

1. In the picture viewer, you will see files with red x's over them, and it may hang for awhile trying to interpret them as you thumb through the thumbnails.

2. Random TREO crashes with unknown causes, or sometimes "camera" is the app that causes the resets.

3. Programs that scan the card, such as Initiate & Pocket Tunes, may lock up (no reset) when they peruse the files, meaning you'll have to use the reset button.

4. White screens of death.

5. If these corrupted files exist on your card, the camcorder may not allow you to save videos you shoot, although it appears to be recording them while you are shooting. After you press the center button or stop recording button, You will not be presented with the option to play back, save, or discard the video, although if you speaker is on, you will hear the double tone that you normally hear when you stop the recording. It seems the longer the video, the more likely this is to happen, but it may not happen every time you shoot a video.

This has happened to me on 2 different Treos and on at least 2 different SD cards (I believe one card was 512MB and the other was 2GB).

I have about 2-3MB of free memory in my Treo and plenty of space on my SD Card.

Anyone else experiencing this problem??!!!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I don't have the problem you described with my Sprint Treo 650. I went to camcorder, and started recording a movie to the SD card, and while it was recording hit the home hard button. There was a pause, then it exited the app. I went back and was able to play the movie and then erase the file.

Perhaps you have a software conflict. Try backing up your treo and hardreseting then test again w/o reinstalling your software. If you have the same issue then perhaps you have a hardware problem and would need to get your phone replaced.

Good Luck.
    I have experienced this also...this phone sucks.
    Have you tried to rename the file as "___.xyz" from your card reader then try and delete it?

I have had corrupted files before on my SD card, not camcorder files, but corrputed data .prc and music.

That has worked for me.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    If these corrupted files exist on your card, the camcorder may not allow you to save videos you shoot, although it appears to be recording them while you are shooting. After you press the center button or stop recording button, You will not be presented with the option to play back, save, or discard the video, although if you speaker is on, you will hear the double tone that you normally hear when you stop the recording. It seems the longer the video, the more likely this is to happen, but it may not happen every time you shoot a video.
    I have this, very frustrating, but no corrupt files on sd.....