1.    #1  
    I used the rom tool to go from the Cingular 1.17 Rom to the 1.20 GSM Rom. Everything worked ok but under phone info it still showed as having the 1.17 Rom. So I then tried to run the official 1.20 update but it fails every time. So I reloaded the 1.17 firmware and tried to run the official 1.17 firmware update and it fails with the same error. It copies the update over to the phone but when the update runs on the phone it just hangs. I have followed the directions on palms website for the alternate method and it fails to. Well now I am back to 1.20 but still cant run the official update. Any suggestions??
  2.    #2  
    I know someones got to have a suggestion...
    From the Phone info on the Treo what verions does it think you have?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    It thinks I have 1.17 Cingular..
    So everything you have done is via RomTool? That will not change your tokens or firmware.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I'm going back to RomTool and make sure everything is set accordingly. I'll give the updater another try.

My Firmware: 1.71
    SW:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    HW: B
    No success. Still says Error updating ROM.

I dont understand why this doesnt work. What should I do at this point?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    This fixed my problem. Thanks much Jamesgangut!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathook
    This fixed my problem. Thanks much Jamesgangut!!!!!!

How did you go about installing those files?
    What are you doing? Explain how you have the files setup etc.

I guess I have the files setup realy simply.
    Used romtool and created a folder.
    Removed any programs i didnt want(Realplayer, welcome, tour)(added fat32 and couple of other things)
    Used the same folder and uploaded to the treo.
    Changed the token to ENA and 1.20

Now when im trying to to updated my rom to 1.20, i get an error. Thats where I'm stuck.
    Try to just use the SD update I posted first. This will make sure your tokens etc are right. Then use the ROM Tool to modify your ROM.

Could you tell me how to use the SD update. How to install it.
    There are some instructions in the zip. But in short you copy the palm folder to a (preferably blank) SD card. Plug in power and turn on treo insert card and let it do the upgrade.

Excellent! Thanks so much for the help james.
    Now I'm in the process of downlong the rom again. But can you clarify something, what do the following mean. what are these tips??

Remove Tips (Assuming Lang. strip)
    PhoneRsc_Tips.prc
    PhoneRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc
    PhoneRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc
    Texter_Tips.prc
    Texter_Tips_CROW.cprc
    Texter_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc
    TutorialRsc_Tips.prc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc*
    Web_Tips.bprc
    Web_Tips_enUS.oprc
    Web_Tips_ptBR.oprc
    Media_Tips.bprc
    Media_Tips_enUS.oprc
    *may have been stripped already
    Nevermind. Ended up not removing the tips. Didnt seem to make much difference since my free space was 23.7mb.

Thanks to James and the rest of the gang at treocentral for all the help.

Never thought this mod would be so simple once you get a hang of it. I'm sure all my buddies would want to go ahead with it now too.