Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I found this on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Bluetooth-Wi...QQcmdZViewItem

I wonder if it will work with treo and ptunes and calls of course.

my treo just f'd up on me. This is the second treo with a bad jack problem.
    Damn im still on the same headset and the jacks dont even last longer than a headset b.s product palm has us working with now.

will that headset solve my problems?
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Wow that does look hot. And you can use your own headphones. Now I don't know if I should get that or wait for the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970!!! Decisions, Decisions! Good find!
    oh and to answer your ques. From the specs, it looks like this should work with the Treo. You'd have to get Softick's Audio Gateway though to get the A2DP profile.

http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/
    Looks nice. I'll get one of these when the price drops a bunch.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Not to beat a dead horse but aren't these cheaper that bluetooth stereo headphones? I found them on amazon for $89, but shopping around may yield better results.

edit:
    Here's a review for the 809 for ipod. I'm seeing an 820/830 bundle too but not finding a review yet:

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3009

edit II:
    Ahh, here we go with a detailed review of the Globalsat BTH-820, BTA-830 and BTA-806:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/globalsat-bth820.php
    Last edited by Micael; 05/10/2006 at 01:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    So, it looks like the BTH-820 and SAG together should work. Look at the BTA-830 if you want to add your non-BT mp3 player, and add the BTA-806 dongle to bring your laptop into the fray.

USGlobalSat has the 820 for $70.99.... I'm buying once I find the best price.

Just like Camel, I've had major issues with the Treo's jack breaking. I'm waiting for my 3rd replacement Treo. Thank goodness I have the Sprint replacement program. You guys worry about what the 700p enhancements will be. I'd be happy if they just fixed the *&%^# headphone jack.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    So, it looks like the BTH-820 and SAG together should work. Look at the BTA-830 if you want to add your non-BT mp3 player, and add the BTA-806 dongle to bring your laptop into the fray.

USGlobalSat has the 820 for $70.99.... I'm buying once I find the best price.

Just like Camel, I've had major issues with the Treo's jack breaking. I'm waiting for my 3rd replacement Treo. Thank goodness I have the Sprint replacement program. You guys worry about what the 700p enhancements will be. I'd be happy if they just fixed the *&%^# headphone jack.
    LOL. I couldnt even get the name.
    Thanks for posting "BTH-820"
    It looks really cool and the review sites are awesome.
    I found it for $54 @ http://www.buygpsnow.com/globalsat-b...adset-542.html
    or the combo for $85

really nice price.

Thanks for the drivers enynite.

I very frustrated with the treo 650. I finally have a stable palm treo 650 from sprint (never crashed on me..EVER) I dont want to get another one from insurance, because i'm afraid I might get a refurb lemon. (by the way is there a deductable of $50 for a repair also from sprint's insurance?)

I'll keep you posted if I find a better deal.

Not to beat a dead horse
    Why not? Everyone else is.

$54 from globalsat is very nice, but I'll wait it out a little longer.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    So what exactly comes with that $54.00 one? Would it have everything needed to use it with the Treo (besides Softick's Audio Gateway)?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So what exactly comes with that $54.00 one? Would it have everything needed to use it with the Treo (besides Softick's Audio Gateway)?
    it comes with a Stereo Earbud. It doesnt come with the 830 piece because the treo has BT..unless you need it for an ipod or something. The cool thing about having both is you can stuff the ipod in your bag and use 1 headset for the treo and your mp3 player. Pretty cool!

That is very cool. I'll have to get one of these to replace my Insten 2-in-1 adapter (which is still in excellent working condition after almost 6 months of daily use).
    That is very cool. I'll have to get one of these to replace my Insten 2-in-1 adapter (which is still in excellent working condition after almost 6 months of daily use).
    yeah me too. my insten is a good quality adapter but the wires get in the way. this is much cooler.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I just got one of those.
    I also got 5% off using promo coupon: BGN01

you can also tell them to do a pricematch with
    http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...SG-BTH820.html

and they beat the price by $5

I just had to get one of those headset because I am now up to the point where I do not want to see any other treo 650 except this. The audio jack problem has pissed me off for the last time.

btw will those buttons on that remote work with ptunes

Ah so the only one you really need with the Treo is the BTH-820 (the rectangular one). The BTA-830 is for devices that don't have bluetooth built in.
    Just read this review:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/18/g...nds-on-review/

So if I'm understanding this, if I use the BTH-820 with the Treo 650, all I would be able to do is control the volume since the Treo 650 doesn't support AVRCP.
    Ah ok, that's where Softick's Audio Gateway comes in. I see now. Ok, I'll stop talking to myself now.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    I just got one of those.
    I also got 5% off using promo coupon: BGN01

you can also tell them to do a pricematch with
    http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...SG-BTH820.html

and they beat the price by $5

I just had to get one of those headset because I am now up to the point where I do not want to see any other treo 650 except this. The audio jack problem has pissed me off for the last time.

btw will those buttons on that remote work with ptunes
    So you've ordered the 820? When do you expect to get it? My hand is hovering over my credit card... maybe I should just take the plunge. My hope is that I can stream to ptunes and listen via this.
    Last edited by Micael; 05/11/2006 at 09:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Just read this review:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/18/g...nds-on-review/

So if I'm understanding this, if I use the BTH-820 with the Treo 650, all I would be able to do is control the volume since the Treo 650 doesn't support AVRCP.
    Thats the way I read it too... if that. Being able to listen in stereo via a2dp is all I wanted anywho.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Bah. Enough waiting... what's it been? 12 hours since I first heard about this product?! I've ordered just the 820 and will have it in 3 days.

Regarding AVRCP, here's a cut-n-paste from SAG's faq:

Q: Does Softick Audio Gateway supports the AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)? It would be good to be able to pause/resume my music using headphones button!

A: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) defines the requirements for Bluetooth™ devices necessary for the support of the Audio/Video Remote Control usage case. For the current headsets and headphones the most common features offered by this profile is an ability to play and pause current track, skip track or return to previous track. We are working on AVRCP to Softick Audio Gateway extension, this feature will be available a bit later after initial release.
    Bah. Enough waiting... what's it been? 12 hours since I first heard about this product?! I've ordered just the 820 and will have it in 3 days.

Regarding AVRCP, here's a cut-n-paste from SAG's faq:
    Yeah but I think they implemented it already in thier 1.05 release:

SAG News:
    [2006-04-13]
    Softick Audio Gateway 1.05 - Better playback, AVRCP support.

AVRCP (Remote Control Profile) support added (currently for Pocket Tunes player only)
    So it looks like it WILL work with PTunes.

Camel, can you confirm once you get it. Thanks
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast