Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    those look sweet
    I was gonna go ahead and wait for the BRM1D, but they've updated their site and it now says it won't ship until July 20!

Dunno if I should wait. This seema like a really "hot" item. I guess if it doesn't work out when I finally get it, I can resell it at a really good price.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Okay, another HBH-DS970 update for those interested. I just spoke to Lou from OEMCELLPHONE.COM. 1-866-703-6275.

http://www.oemcellphone.com/productd...ProductID=1182

He just received today 6 of the HBH-DS970's. I promptly purchased one and it's being shipped out today and am supposed to receive in 2 to 3 days. A review hopefully soon to come.

HBH-DS970 $119.99
    Shipping $9.95
    Total $129.94

------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    HBH-DS970 with SAG ????
    Thanks for the heads up!

The service on that website is stunning; I placed my order and within 15 minutes recevied an email stating my order had shipped!!!
    LOL! wow, I doubt they shipped it in 15 minutes. but good luck anyway. I am still torn about what I want out of a stereo bluetooth headset
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My HBH-DS970 was shipped within 30 minutes after placing the order and at 5:16 P.M. an email was sent to me with a tracking number via USPS. Lou from oemcellphone.com handled my order right over the phone. Service this fast and courteous definitely will make me a returning customer.

--------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 with SAG coming soon !
    i will wait for softick update before i buy any bluetooth stereo headset.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    My HBH-DS970 has arrived ! I will use for a couple days and then provide my overall experience. The initial impression is that this headset is constructed very well, the control unit looks fabulous, and the sound quality is excellent. The call button and microphone look fine and not as big as what the PDF might imply. Too early to provide feedback about incoming call handling as I'll test for a few days. One thing though, and Lou from oemcellphone has been made aware of, the charger is for European countries. He didn't realize this and he will send the proper adapter free of charge if anyone bought one from oemcellphone.com. So far so good and my initial impressions are very positive.

--------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 with SAG 1.06
    ehosey2 check your private messages i sent you some comments about the crappy electronicell.com website. See if you can help
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jzjz
    ehosey2 check your private messages i sent you some comments about the crappy electronicell.com website. See if you can help
    Check your private message box.

----------------------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 with SAG 1.05 in test mode !
    this is very exciting indeed! Let me know if the caller ID works
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    this is very exciting indeed! Let me know if the caller ID works
    The caller ID works every time when SAG is set in the " internal " mode. This means the headset is connected for phone calls but is not connected to stream music but when incoming calls are being received the display shows the incoming number every time. So incoming and outgoing calls are able to be made when set to internal mode but no outgoing caller ID is displayed on the LED, just incoming. For some reason, when SAG is set to " remote " mode to stream music, I can't seem to get the phone number of incoming calls to work. The music does pause though as the incoming call occurs, I am able to connect using the call button on the headset, and when the call ends, the music 8 times out of 10 will resume. So far the SAG 1.05 application is working two-thirds of the time but there are some bug issues I am still trying to resolve. I emailed Softick and am awaiting a response. SAG 1.06 WILL NOT WORK AT ALL. I'll provide a full review soon. I am still testing things out but if there are any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll reply as best as I can. I've never used bluetooth before so this is still new to me.

By the way, Lou from OEMCELLPHONE told me a few minutes ago he now won't get the next shipment until around July 14th.

-----------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Damn, thats the feature that would have pushed me to purchase it. I don;t want to pull out my treo when I'm lsitening to music and a call comes in to see who it is.

I guess I'll either get the sony BRM1D or continue to wait for a good bluetooth solution.

Thanks ehosey2
    thanks ehosey2 for testing / reviewing this headset. hope they can fix the bugs. I am not in the hurry to get a headset but would like to know more about BT + headset.

cheers!
    I've been testing the HBH-DS970 this weekend as well. So far I've had the some luck with 1.06 as I have with 1.05. Both are able to successfully transfer audio to the headset in stereo. However, when a call comes in, answering the call via the headset's "Call" button freezes the Treo. I've had one occasion where it did not, but I let the Treo ring three times before answering. I have somewhat better success if I answer the call on the Treo directly. I'll continue to test and report back here.
    Good luck finding the BRM1D. EVERYONE in Japan is out of stock. AudioCubes won't be getting them until the 20th of July. I even called up Dynamism and asked if they could get their hands on one. Their Japanese counterpart searched almost every electronics shop and online Japanese stores and couldn't find them.
    So far 1.04 is the most stable with the HBH-DS970 (oh, I'm testing with a Treo 650 Sprint 1.13 custom ROM). I'm able to answer and place calls, but occasionally, I can't wake up the Treo from sleep. Also 1.04 stutters which I never encountered with 1.05 and 1.06.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Conrad,
    How are you testing the call handling features ? Are you in internal mode when handling calls, without streaming music ? Are you having success when in remote mode answering incoming calls while streaming music without any freezes and does the number of the caller appear on the sony LED ? On mine, when streaming music while in remote mode no incoming number appears on the screen on the sony but appears everytime when SAG is set to internal mode. The music does pause when I get an incoming call while in remote mode and I have to look at the 650's screen. Thanks for your feed back.

By the way, I received a reply from Softick and they stated they are currently working on further improvements to the call handling features to the 650 with SAG and the various ROM's which they are dealing with when testing.

-----------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    Conrad,
    How are you testing the call handling features ? Are you in internal mode when handling calls, without streaming music ? Are you having success when in remote mode answering incoming calls while streaming music without any freezes and does the number of the caller appear on the sony LED ?
    I really think Softick should relabel the buttons in SAG. "Internal" really means "disabled" and "Remote" means "enabled". When SAG is disabled (i.e. set to "Internal") the headset should and does connect to the Treo like a run-on-the-mill Bluetooth headset. And like the HBH-660 and HBH-662, the caller ID is always displayed on the headset's LCD (Strangely, the Treo then lists "No Caller ID" on it's own display, but the headset reports the correct caller ID). With SAG disabled, I've had no trouble just using the HBH-DS970 as a run-of-mill bluetooth headset.

However, when streaming music (i.e. set to "Remote") I have had a lot of trouble like other A2DP headset users on this board.
    in 1.06:
    The Treo freezes whenever a call is accepted, whether by pressing the headset's "Call" button or the Treo's "Green" button.
    in 1.05: The Treo would freeze when answering with the "Call" button, but not with the "Green" button on some occasions.
    in 1.04: I could answer the phone once. Subsequent calls wouldn't ring or transfer correctly. 1.04 is the most stable with this headset that I've tried.
    1.03: looked promising, but I only have AeroPlayer installed, and SAG wasn't compatible with AeroPlayer until 1.04 so I can't test it much.

In all versions:
    I can't test the AVRCP control functions since I don't have PocketTunes.
    Audio quality is excellent to my ears.
    The music pauses, but never resumes, nor does the headset reconnect automatically.

I'm still immensely impressed with SAG and with this headset. I never thought it possible that someone would write an A2DP support app for Palm - it boggles the mind that Softick could achieve this.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Okay, I got Softick Audio Gateway version 1.06 to function on my Sprint Treo 650 with the stock ROM 1.13A using the HBH-DS970. So, when set to internal, I am able to make outgoing calls using the Treo's phone button with no problem, as well as the headset's call button, tapping that button twice which enables the redial of the last number function in the headset's call history. Interestingly, when I hang up from the call using the Treo's buttons, there is no abnormal behavior. But when using the call / hang up button on the headset, if the next button I press on the Treo is the home button, it goes into a soft reset every time. Any other button I press , say calendar, except for one time out of the 10 times I did this, no reset occurred. I'd guess a bug in the bluetooth application maybe ?

SAG 1.06 the other day for some reason was not functioning at all for me but I reinstalled it and am testing again. I have not had any chance to thoroughly test incoming call functionality using SAG 1.06 yet, but one thing in my opinion I have noticed is when using 1.06 that while I thought the music streams in 1.05 sounded excellent, they actually sound even fuller and a bit louder.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast