Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    a previous poster posted this url (thanks ehosey2):

http://www.electronicell.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=217
    Just received an update from electronicell. The first shipment alreay sold out but the next shipment will be shipped out on June 10 which will contain my order. They asked whether I wanted to cancel or continue with the order so of course I'll be waiting a little longer to receive it. Heck, I waited for months to get this so I guess another week won't matter.

------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 with SAG ????
    i guess that means i'll have to wait too lol.
    I looked at the user manual pdf for the DS970 (i know, I know, I'm obsessive!). The unit itself is small but there seems to be ALOT of wires!

and with the mic on one wire (like the 1st gen boom-less headsets) and the answer/end button on the other wire, it looks kinda goofy.

Look at this guy!!! (pic attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    When I look at that PDF I don't see a true representation of the actual size of the buttons. The PDF has the buttons to appear larger than actual size for illustration purposes only, so you get an idea of the features of what each button does. I doubt SE would design a product that would not be up to their normal stylish standards. And from all the pictures I have researched, those buttons to me seem a whole lot smaller than what the PDF shows. We'll know soon enough.

---------------------------
    Merlin S620 evdo
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I don't understand your comment above. The GlobalSat 820 is bluetooth as well so...

Anyway, with the 2400mAh battery from Seidio and the 15hr battery life of the Sony, it should be ok.
    This is what I mean.
    I have the 2400mAh battery from Seidio and the battery consumption while using Bluetooth and ptunes is significant. It goes down 5% for about every 20 minutes and the treo gets very hot.
    Sonyís Bluetooth has 15 hours which is great and that would not be a problem. Itís the treo that will consume the battery quickly.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Ah I understand now. Yeah, that is going to be a problem with the battery goes down that fast. I guess I won't be using it much for actual music streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    When I look at that PDF I don't see a true representation of the actual size of the buttons...
    I really hope so. Of course you'll be supplying us with a variety of pics right.
    Anyone else find a place that sells the Sony VGP-BRM1D Bluetooth Audio Controller? I'm not purchasing unless they allow returns for it.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    I really hope so. Of course you'll be supplying us with a variety of pics right.
    I will try my best. Hmm.....my only camera is the one on my 650. I'll do my best to provide pics with the review as soon as I can.

----------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    that would be greatly appreciated.
    Any updates ehosey2? Inquiring minds would like to know. :-)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Here is an update. As previously stated, I was contacted via email that the shipment of HBH-DS970's would arrive on June 10. As of noon today, when I log in to the order status page, it says " processing. " My card was charged via paypal for the amount of $126.98 so I will keep checking throughtout the day for any shipping information and a tracking number. I'll keep everyone posted and will hopefully provide a review and pics soon.

----------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Another update here and this isn't good news to give. I am in the process of cancelling my order of the HBH-DS970 through electronicell.com. This online retailer has been mostly unresponsive to my emails requesting any status change to my order. I have spoken to Paypal and am taking their recommendation to email electronicell and requesting them to deny my payment as it has been withdrawn from my card but it had not yet been accepted from electronicell. This retailer previously stated it would be available June 10 to ship but I have not been contacted since June 2. So sorry to say I'll be without bluetooth stereo for now. As a side note, I spoke to the Sony Ericsson store and they said July 14 is when they expect to receive their shipment of the HBH-DS970. THIS TOTALLY SUCKS.

--------------------------------------

Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    wow that really sucks! for you and us! Hang in there.

IslandBoi, did YOU ever get the sony audio controller??
    No haven't purchased the BRM1D yet. Looking for a coupon or something 'cause it's waaay too expensive at almost $190 after shipping costs are added. Plus the no returns accepted policy kinda scares me.
    come on IsLNdbOi!!!! 200 bucks is a small price to pay for FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

LOL

ok ok ok i was just kidding buddy. :-)
    Ok, I ordered a white Sony VGP-BRM1D from Audio Cubes. Total price was $162.00 after shipping and a $5.00 coupon I found in an Audio Cubes email I got a few days ago.

It seems to be out of stock at the moment though. This is the message they show on their site on the VGP-BRM1D's page:

"NOTE: Due to nationwide shortage in Japan, shipments are delayed until the June 20th."

I guess these things are really popular. I hope it's as good as it seems it is. Should match nicely with my new Rivet White Lanyard Earphones and my Treo 700P in an Arctic White JavoSkin.

Rivet Lanyard Earphones:
    http://www.rivetnow.com/index.php?fi...iproduct_id=44

Arctic White JavoSkin:
    http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...800&pbmId=3778

Here's a site that shows more of the BRM1D:
    http://www.atraclife.com/2006/05/16/...man-bt-remote/

Now I just need to shell out $20 more for SAG.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 06/19/2006 at 02:55 AM.
    Oh booooh. Should've done more research first. Apparently SAG doesn't work with the 700P yet. I guess I'll have to cancel my order for the BRM1D...
    ok that sucks too!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I'm still searching for the HBH-DS970 and while surfing, I came across this review with some great pictures. Nothing obviously mentioned about a Treo 650 being used with it but it does sound promising. Also, anybody going to this site be warned that this is an adult-oriented gadget site so anyone with children be careful.

http://www.bengalboy.com/modules/new...d=527&forum=20

-------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast