Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I guess normal would be using it just like a normal bluetooth headset to answer / end calls, etc..
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I guess normal would be using it just like a normal bluetooth headset to answer / end calls, etc..
    Yeah. Apparently its working great for some people. Check out this thread over at Softkick:

http://softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=430#430

HTH
    ~Micael
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I got mines today
    still trying to get it to pair up. Im still fighting it.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Got mine to work finally. The trick was to let it run out completely of juice, then fully charge (took about an hour and a half to fully charge).... it's pretty nice. Sound quality is very good - clear and crisp. I'm a bit skeptical on the range of the unit, but as long as my phone is within a few feet, it works great. You have to pair it first, camel, and then pass control to SAG so you can use ptunes.

From 'off' hold the button down until both red and blue led's are flashing, then attempt the pairing from the treo's bluetooth wizard.

If you get out of range, just go back to the SAG menu and click Remote. it will pair up again.
    Sweet, now I can order one. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this one Micael.
    How is the quality of the microphone on it?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Sweet, now I can order one. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this one Micael.
    Hey, what about me
    jk

Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Got mine to work finally. The trick was to let it run out completely of juice, then fully charge (took about an hour and a half to fully charge).... it's pretty nice. Sound quality is very good - clear and crisp. I'm a bit skeptical on the range of the unit, but as long as my phone is within a few feet, it works great. You have to pair it first, camel, and then pass control to SAG so you can use ptunes.

From 'off' hold the button down until both red and blue led's are flashing, then attempt the pairing from the treo's bluetooth wizard.

If you get out of range, just go back to the SAG menu and click Remote. it will pair up again.
    Thanks Micael.
    Doh! i just fully charged mines.. Darn it now I have to wait for a discharge.

Question though, what happens if you have it nearby and you're jogging?
    say a foot or two. would you get cut off?

I purchased SAG today, thanks for the confirmation.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    a foot or two is nothing. interestingly, if I turn my back to the treo with the unit pinned to my shirt pocket, I lose contact. bluetooth seems to like line of sight. But then again, I'm fairly thick
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Ok i got it to work.
    I might post a review later on.
    Connecting to the treo was easy. You didnt have to let the juice run out.
    I just didnt know how to make the light blink red and blue at the same time.
    I held the power button on the side for 8 seconds or so and it went into that mode.
    Then it worked flawlessly from the treo.

The quality is great. I just didnt like the phones that came with it. They are cheap. I used my sony psp headphone since i dont like in-ear headphones.

range was no problem for me. It suits my needs perfectly.

you guys are making it so hard to hold off on buying them!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    How is the quality of the microphone on it?
    Microphone works great, with one caveat... it clips onto you clothing, so if you're walking or jiggling around, the listener hears noise as the unit jostles or bounces against your clothes.

If you're sitting, it works great. Worked great in my car. For the price, and the ability to do stereo music, I am very satisfied so far. I'll provide updates on any issues I run it to.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    On a somewhat related note, I did have some issues with the unit, as mentioned earlier. It turned out to be a simple solution, e.g., let the unit fully charge before your first pairing. But be advised that I sent questions to both the manufacturer, and to the vendor that I bought it from.

The manufacturer, http://www.usglobalsat.com, responded with the correct solution in less than 12 hours.

The vendor that I bought the BTH-820 from, http://www.buygpsnow.com/ *still* hasn't responded, days later.
    Wow, I totally missed the microphone as part of the setup... this seems to be quite the deal! I'm frequently listening to music on my Treo, and then have to disconnect my headphones from the phone and pick it up whenever somebody calls. I've resisted the bt headset up to this point because I don't actually spend much time talking on the phone, and more time using the PDA abilities of the 650. Plus I still think its weird when people are "talking to themselves" or just walking around with a thing on their ear, but that's probably just me. Anyone see the beer commercial where the rather attractive woman is talking to someone on a headset, and some schlub thinks she's talking to him? yeah, that would be something I would do. hooray for technology enabling embarassing situations!
    Quote Originally Posted by *cure*
    Wow, I totally missed the microphone as part of the setup... this seems to be quite the deal! I'm frequently listening to music on my Treo, and then have to disconnect my headphones from the phone and pick it up whenever somebody calls. I've resisted the bt headset up to this point because I don't actually spend much time talking on the phone, and more time using the PDA abilities of the 650. Plus I still think its weird when people are "talking to themselves" or just walking around with a thing on their ear, but that's probably just me. Anyone see the beer commercial where the rather attractive woman is talking to someone on a headset, and some schlub thinks she's talking to him? yeah, that would be something I would do. hooray for technology enabling embarassing situations!

yes...i'm usually that poor schlub
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Ok i got it to work.
    I might post a review later on.
    Hey Camel, you've had it a couple of days now. Verdict?
    Wow that SE HBH-DS970 looks nice. It even has Plantronics' multipoint technology built into it.

Too bad you can't use it with any headphones you want. It doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack and the headphones attached to it are permanently attached.
    So for all you BTH-820 owners, how has the 820 performed so far? Any new problems pop up since you've had it?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have just ordered my Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 bluetooth stereo headset and it should arrive within 5 business days.

http://www.electronicell.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=217

The total cost including shipping was $126.98. After loading the Softick Audio Gateway application and hopefully successful pairing with my Treo 650, I'll post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    Nope. Standing firm by my decision. Gonna hold out for the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970, even though I'm sure it will cost twice as much. The Sony looks asthetically more pleasing and provides the LED information as to who is calling right on the adapter.

[url]http://sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_loader&php=PHP1_10394&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10394[/

----------------------------------------

Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint
    Too bad you can't use any headphones with that HBH-DS970...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    That is true about not being able to use different headphones with the LED controller. But from the very positve reviews I have read on various forums regarding the sound quality, comfort, and fit of the earbuds, I'll take the plunge and be the " tester " for those interested in such a headset for our Treo's.

These headphones by the way are of the same quality that are being shipped with all those new SE Walkman phones, ( W800i, W810i, W710i, etc.) SE definitely knows how to make music phones so this should be a fantastic product as long as there are no compatibility issues with SAG.

I did write to the makers of SAG about these bluetooth headphones regarding compatibility so hopefully as the beginning of the thread stated..... " This could be the coolest headset ever ".... holds true.
    Too bad you can't use any headphones with that HBH-DS970...
    ------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH DS-970 WITH SAG ????
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast