Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 138
  1. #21  
    Now you guys are really tempting me to get this!!!!

    Must...resist...temptation.........must...not...give...in.......Sony Ericsson...will...be...out...soon......do...not...know...how...much...longer...I...can...hold...out. ...
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #22  
    Use the force Luke!
  3. #23  
    I thought about it some more, here are my thoughts:

    You're saving about 2 feet of wire by not having to plug the thing into your Treo
    You're using more battery life on the Treo because BT would always be on
    You have yet another device to keep charged.

    So why do I still want this? (I do, irrational)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #24  
    Nope. Standing firm by my decision. Gonna hold out for the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970, even though I'm sure it will cost twice as much. The Sony looks asthetically more pleasing and provides the LED information as to who is calling right on the adapter.

    http://sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=g...=pp1&pid=10394

    I hope that link is correct.

    ----------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint
  5. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #25  
    Here are more reviews about it.
    I just got the 820 only. I dont need the 830 because I dont have an mp3 player now, and im sure the ipod will include bluetooth next year.

    Yes, it does work with the treo. Here is more info about it.

    http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...reviews&id=770
    http://discuss.pocketnow.com/showthr...threadid=18858
    http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/7427/

    On treo 700w (note that the treo 700w doesnt have the A2DP profile.
    http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/inde...howtopic=11347

    http://www.bluetomorrow.com/content/section/189/296/
    http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3009
    http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/globalsat-bth820.php
    http://www.rbmods.com/Articles/Globa...0_Bta830/1.php

    Yea I rearched it a bit. I couldnt find one review site that I saw yesterday. Someone was using the 820 with ptunes to stream audio. Says it works "perfectly".

    I purchased this because I need a headset right now. I can get a refurb treo, but I dont want to run the risk of getting a bad one. Besides for me its $50 for insurance or $50 for a bluetooth headset and no more problems with the jacks.

    If i like the sony one later i'll see how different it is from this one. I can alway sell this on ebay
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  6. #26  
    just to add to the remote capabilities of SAG, I can confirm that they work with ptunes.

    track forward, reverse, pause, volume up, down.

    Just to give everyone a headsup.

    I dont have this headset as a unit so I cant comment on the ability of this unit but remote DOES work with SAG.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    Nope. Standing firm by my decision. Gonna hold out for the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970, even though I'm sure it will cost twice as much. The Sony looks asthetically more pleasing and provides the LED information as to who is calling right on the adapter.

    http://sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=g...=pp1&pid=10394

    I hope that link is correct.

    ----------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint
    I don't think you'll get the caller ID on the LED. I remember reading here (TC) that treo 650's bluetooth doesn't pick up that info for current bluetooth headset's with a caller id screen. But then again, there was a time when A2DP on a treo 650 was "impossible", so who knows!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    I don't think you'll get the caller ID on the LED. I remember reading here (TC) that treo 650's bluetooth doesn't pick up that info for current bluetooth headset's with a caller id screen. But then again, there was a time when A2DP on a treo 650 was "impossible", so who knows!
    Ok let me correct myself. The caller ID does work for existing headsets with lcd, but you only get the # not the name. I don't know about you, but I don't know ANYBODY's # anymore, lol.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I thought about it some more, here are my thoughts:

    You're saving about 2 feet of wire by not having to plug the thing into your Treo
    You're using more battery life on the Treo because BT would always be on
    You have yet another device to keep charged.

    So why do I still want this? (I do, irrational)
    Because I'm on my 4th Treo in a little over a year because the damn headphone jack keeps dying. Just avoiding that irritation justifies the cost for me.

    For me, this isn't about talking. I listen to streaming radio all the time, while driving, etc. This will allow me to secure my treo nearby without being tethered to it in my vehicle.

    As for battery life, it takes about 2 seconds to turn BT off. My treo sits charging on its cradle at work while I'm streaming radio, and charges while I'm driving, if I'm streaming or talking alot. I don't think I've ever totally run out of juice, so I don't think battery is going to be a big deal.

    Bottom line, it has to do with your usage more than anything else. If it works fairly well, I'll be pleased. Others may see it as a waste.

    My $0.02
  10. #30  
    So regarding the Treo's phone features and this adapter; will music automatically stop and then resume if someone calls and you answer with this thing (820). Does the 820 work like a regular bluetooth headset when you have headphones plugged into it?
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #31  
    I'll let you know, if someone else doesn't, as soon as it arrives.
  12. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So regarding the Treo's phone features and this adapter; will music automatically stop and then resume if someone calls and you answer with this thing (820). Does the 820 work like a regular bluetooth headset when you have headphones plugged into it?
    some say it mutes other say pauses. Im not sure since they were talking about the ipod and phone combo. I will have to see for myself.
    According to more reviews/comments it does work like a standard bt headset.
    Will let you know when I get it.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Because I'm on my 4th Treo in a little over a year because the damn headphone jack keeps dying. Just avoiding that irritation justifies the cost for me.

    For me, this isn't about talking. I listen to streaming radio all the time, while driving, etc. This will allow me to secure my treo nearby without being tethered to it in my vehicle.

    As for battery life, it takes about 2 seconds to turn BT off. My treo sits charging on its cradle at work while I'm streaming radio, and charges while I'm driving, if I'm streaming or talking alot. I don't think I've ever totally run out of juice, so I don't think battery is going to be a big deal.

    Bottom line, it has to do with your usage more than anything else. If it works fairly well, I'll be pleased. Others may see it as a waste.

    My $0.02
    Ah yes, the infamous jack. There you go, now I have a reason for getting this. I tried a BT headset when I first got the 650, then swore off them. This IS the first configuration that I'd consider using, even with all the issues posted above.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  14. #34  
    as far as pausing and stopping the music when a call comes in, SAG handles this pretty well but its still an issue and isnt totally clean... YET.

    Check out the posts about SAG.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    as far as pausing and stopping the music when a call comes in, SAG handles this pretty well but its still an issue and isnt totally clean... YET.

    Check out the posts about SAG.
    yeah like Hdhntr23 said, this is all up to SAG. I'm pretty sure SAG pauses.

    And you'd have the call handling issue with any stereo bluetooth headset since this is all handled by SAG.
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #36  
    Got my BTH-820 in the mail today. It looks pretty cool, but unfortunately, I can't get it to pair, so far. It won't accept the pairing password 0000. I have it charging, atm, in case thats the issue, but it's not looking good
  17. Camel's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Got my BTH-820 in the mail today. It looks pretty cool, but unfortunately, I can't get it to pair, so far. It won't accept the pairing password 0000. I have it charging, atm, in case thats the issue, but it's not looking good
    I was about to get mines today (I hate Fedex with a passion) they always, always and i mean always dont even attempt to deliver and their tracking is not accurate

    It should work with the treo. did you install SAG?
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    It should work with the treo. did you install SAG?
    Yes. Why don't these things ever go off without a hitch? It bugs me that the device is listed as bt 1.2... I'm wondering if thats the problem?
  19. #39  
    So it doesn't even work as a normal bluetooth headset?
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So it doesn't even work as a normal bluetooth headset?
    ??? define normal

    I think, at this point, that its my bad luck, and not a compatability issue. Supposedly, others have gotten this to work fine with the 650 and SAG.

    I've got support tickets in. Will keep you posted.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions