1.    #1  
    I am handing down my T600 to my wife and want to change the "user" on the Treo without having to rebot the thing from scratch etc. Is there any way to do this?

I simply want to give her the whole thing (software and all) but want to have a unique sync identity for her stuff.

Thanks

Skigs
  2.    #2  
    Somebody has either done this or tried to....a little help here, please.

Skigs
    Not really. The hot sync ID is what most apps run their registration from. Change that and it is fork over the money time, which is what my wife rightly did. It meant in some cases reinstalling apps, though in most instances it meant putting new registration codes in, et cetera. One continues to run, though she found one with a different approach that she likes. Anyway, the developer deserves compensation for efforts put forth. Ben
  4.    #4  
    I understand that. My goal was to give my wife the T600 with all the stuff I liked while purchasing new software for my new one. But I want to keep my user name...at least if I can.

Skigs
    There are apps like 'username' and MUH that will do this. Do a search...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions