Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    so,,,which is better. the p or teh w?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    dstrauss, my emoticon friend . . . . . .it is done. Palm just needs to realize it and announce -- maybe at their Thursday financial dog and pony show?

I also saw your reference to Dragonman, post #21, and he's usually a reliable source. However, do you remember the discussion a few weeks ago concerning emails from Sprint to a customer stating they didn't know when a "700" would be released, but it would be accompanied by a major marketing promotion? The same language we all recieved with the 600, 650 and the Verizon 700w? We're now supposedly 18 days from the release (in brick and mortar stores), so where's the promotional material? More to the point, I can't remember the last Treo that wasn't available on the web (either from Palm or the carrier) BEFORE any brick and mortar release, so we're actually INSIDE of 18 days for that.

Either this is premature "something" or Sprint/Palm aren't real proud of this release.
    Last edited by dstrauss; 05/10/2006 at 08:25 AM.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Poor Perry

Better do some mad posting to get back to 5K
    Yes, he better. I called fedex and had the Treo700P returned to me I had sent to him as a gift. Damn...
    Drat, south of 5,000 again, not that it matters, but I do prefer the RED Treo icons.
    MODERATORS:

I don't know if this is a requirement of the forum software being used, but docking post counts for an arbitraty decision to move OT isn't fair. Do you think MLB should move Barry Bond's home run count to OT just because of a little steroid controversy?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    The 2nd May 28th thread -- May 28th has been moved to June 9th. . . .
    Damn Perry, how many posts did you have in that thread?
    I am guessing several of us had legitimate post counts over 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yes, he better. I called fedex and had the Treo700P returned to me I had sent to him as a gift. Damn...

Double Drat !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal

Followed by Strauss 136
    and gharrod 133

Everyone else was under 100
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Not sure -- apparently, from the drop, around 300. Eeek.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Yes, your speculation is right. I'm a loyal but immoral Sprint employee. But I'm also ethical when it comes to the customer experience, and I thought people would like to know.

Sales will be staffed that weekend. Sales does not get that weekend off. Sunday through Saturday, so the stores will be staffed for people having those days off to go shop the sales at other stores, hopefully stopping into a sprint store.

It wouldn't have specs because the release is still a ways off. They will probably release specs the tuesday before.

Sprint Sales employees probably don't know about it because they don't care about it. These playbooks release on Tuesday, but no one bothers to read them until the store meetings on Friday mornings. Stop by your sprint store before they open on a friday morning. You will probably see a lot of sales reps in there laughing at the people who are waiting to come into the door. Most sales reps, to my understanding, don't bother reading the playbook material until they have to.

Been to a sprint store lately? The reps tend to be one of two types: Sales "lifers" who are just there because its decent money and for a lifer, its easy to hit the quotas; and hipsters who think they are getting into a cool career with cool tech, but who don't bother learning about the tech. Seriously, you knew more about the treo after your first week with it than most sales reps know after selling the 650 for a full year.

And yeah, it might be the w, not the p, but all the speculation points to a POS device. Yes, that speculation could be wrong. I hope its not.

So, to summarize: yes, there is still some skepticism to be had here, could be a windows device, its just less likely to be so. No, it really isn't fishy to launch it on a holiday Sunday. Might not be smart, but it isn't out of the norm by any means. No, it isn't a surprise this isn't spread around the web by lots of other employees because most other employees just don't care.

OneWing
    ROFLMAO at the "points to a POS device"!! Hopefully the TREO700 comes out with the P - OS device first and not a POS device!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    legitimate post?
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    ROFLMAO at the "points to a POS device"!! Hopefully the TREO700 comes out with the P - OS device first and not a POS device!
    pos=palm os
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    The key word being legitimate, which begs the question: Is there something wrong with having fun with a post. I realize I get carried away with mine, but is every post supposed to be a detailed dissertation based on the merits of an phone that is all speculation to begin with? How many posts said something like "xx days", or "gee, I'm excited". I thought the speculation was the FUN part of the forum. You'll notice I don't make silly posts on the other threads because people go there for legitimate reasons, this is about rumors.
    Wait, just got a PM from a Sprint employee....he has information about a new Treo747A he wants to share with me.....hold on now for a minute as I get the details. Hold on....yes...uhhuh....sure...ok....wait....damn...yes...yes...ok, later.

Well it will be a while before I get the rest of the details because his mommy had to put him down for a nap then he has to go to a piano lesson. Something about it coming with a box of crayolas though. Anyone know what that means?
    I know - but Im sitting here laughing b/c we all know two weeks after they get released we'll be going through the threads of users calling the new 700 a PO, and what they need to do to make the "ultimate" TREO and everyone saying there jumping ship to a different device!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Not sure -- apparently, from the drop, around 300. Eeek.

Good Lord, I'm Pullin' a Perry and quoting myself:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=176
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    legitimate post?
    My point exactly Dutch.
    Any thread more then 10 posts long has a great possibility to have at least 1 off topic post. My point being they can justify closing any thread for any reason it matters not. This sort of thing will eventually impact the TC world. Just my opinion.
    Perry et al - check out this update from Pimpingee over in the EV-DO thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...669#post973669

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPINGEE
    Ok guys, I'm writing my findings while the pictures are uploading to my yahoo/pic folder.

Good news or bad news first? Actually I don't have any good news just quick reviews haha so I'll start with the bad news.

1- I couldn't capture any video of the EVDO in action or run any more bandwidth tests because my friend installed his company software (I included some pictures of it- its called "Good") and the Treo isn't configured to access the regular internet anymore. From what he told me, Good pulls email like the blackberry, and it also accesses company intranet. It seems to be a pretty popular software amongst the big corps.

2-Verizon is going to get the 700p first according to my friend (bad news in my opinion)...
    Everyone sees him as a good source because he's got the pics from his friend (who either uses or works for Goodlink) and they say Verizon first. That would square with a hacked Verizon hardware model "ROM'd" for the Sprint test software in the pictures. This doesn't conflict with Dragonman's observation of Sprint tech's with beta phones either.

So IF ANY 700 is coming to Sprint on May 28, how likely is it "W" instead of "P"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Good Lord, I'm Pullin' a Perry and quoting myself:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=176
    As long as Perry doesn't start quoting you we will all be ok. Now drop that cup of coffee and no one gets hurt.
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast