Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    With previous launches that are announced in the playbook, the phone can be purchased on the date that is listed for release. So to answer your question, I believe you should be able to walk into a sprint store on Sunday, May 28th, and purchase a Treo 700. Most likely, the shipments will arrive at stores that Friday. Don't expect to be able to purchase one on that date, as the computers will make a grand farting noise at the sales rep that tries to do that.

Of course, you could go try, just to hear the farting noise.

OneWing
    silly seasons not done until a gsm version is released!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevich
    silly seasons not done until a gsm version is released!
    its done in USA, thank you
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    its done in USA, thank you
    you still have Cingular and T-Mobile subscribers.... so I wouldn't count you guys out so soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    OKAY, THAT'S IT, I'M CALLING IT.

THANK
    GOD
    THIS
    UNENDING
    SILLY
    SEASON
    IS
    FINALLY
    OVER
    !!
    LOL

How many Sprint stores are going to see a print out of Page 4 today?

It is the 700P. (I guess no one after midnight bothered reading Post #21)

Cheers
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/10/2006 at 04:21 AM.
    Drat, south of 5,000 again, not that it matters, but I do prefer the RED Treo icons.
    OPEN THE 700P SUB-FORUM !!
    dstrauss, my emoticon friend . . . . . .it is done. Palm just needs to realize it and announce -- maybe at their Thursday financial dog and pony show?

Last edited by gtwo; 05/10/2006 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Actually went to see Tom Snooze in MI3. Talk about the worse over-acting in the history of cinema. When he comes out of cardiac arrest and knows exactly where the gun is and immediately starts aiming I laughed out loud as did most in the theater. What a joke of a movie. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was great as the villian though.
    Hell - Tom Cruise movie, same difference. Tom has gone the way of the thetans (scientology religion term).

Read up on what scientologist actually believe here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

Now back on topic.....um....so.....how about them......treo smartphones, eh?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    gharrod, do you have ties to any of the following companies?
    - Palm
    - Microsoft
    - Sprint
    - Verizon

Oh, and sorry to be a party-pooper guys, but this just in...the 700p takes worse photos than the 650.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    - Palm
    - Microsoft
    - Sprint
    - Verizon

Oh, and sorry to be a party-pooper guys, but this just in...the 700p takes worse photos than the 650.
    Hi Scott R !!

I believe G has stated in previous posts that he is not affiliated with any of those companies, but in the true spirit of verification, we can wait for his answer.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Also, the internal sheet that was spread around earlier is not something I'm familiar with. I saw the bad scans on the web, but never saw an original where I work. I personally have seen no specs, so I do not want to speculate. Anything that I have heard is likely from the same root sources that you heard them from.

I can tell you that the fact sheet that was spread around earlier was not from a playbook publication. I cannot tell you for certain if it was really a sprint internal document. I can tell you I have only seen it on the web.
    Perry, as I look back at your previous posts, you claim that the n4cer document was the basis for your belief in the 700P's release date. Here is a Sprint employee that has posted what most everyone here believes as a “real” document, and he's calling the n4cer document garbage. Still think silly season is over?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    - Palm
    - Microsoft
    - Sprint
    - Verizon

He's answered that several times, nancyboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    ...It wouldn't have specs because the release is still a ways off. They will probably release specs the tuesday before....

...And yeah, it might be the w, not the p, but all the speculation points to a POS device. Yes, that speculation could be wrong. I hope its not.

So, to summarize: yes, there is still some skepticism to be had here, could be a windows device, its just less likely to be so. No, it really isn't fishy to launch it on a holiday Sunday. Might not be smart, but it isn't out of the norm by any means. No, it isn't a surprise this isn't spread around the web by lots of other employees because most other employees just don't care.

OneWing
    Q1: Why would spec sheets be available for the LX550 and not the Palm 700 if they are set for the same release in the "playbook"?

Q2: No dis OneWing, but you are speculating the 700 is a "P" not a "W", not based upon additional inside info, am I right?

Q3: We are only 18 DAYS from a supposed actual release and nothing more definite on "P" than "W" than this?

Q4: Why did Pimp's source still have that hacked up beta in a Verizon casing if the real thing is coming to a store near you in 18 days?

Signed, SAU (skeptics are us).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Perry, as I look back at your previous posts, you claim that the n4cer document was the basis for your belief in the 700P. Here is a Sprint employee that has posted what most everyone here believes as a “real” document, and he's calling the n4cer document garbage. Still think silly season is over?
    The n4cer doc was NEVER claimed to be from the "Playbook." (which it wasn't to begin with.) He's not saying it's garbage, just that he never saw it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Perry, as I look back at your previous posts, you claim that the n4cer document was the basis for your belief in the 700P's release date. (AND THE DOCUMENT'S CONFIRMATION BY A TRUSTED SOURCE.) Here is a Sprint employee that has posted what most everyone here believes as a “real” document, and he's calling the n4cer document garbage. Still think silly season is over?

YES.

(. . . . . the "Playbook" confirms the 2 devices listed on n4cer's document to the very same date. . . . .)
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The n4cer doc was NEVER claimed to be from the "Playbook." (which it wasn't to begin with.) He's not saying it's garbage, just that he never saw it.
    Nor have many other sprint employees at Sprint stores or we would have had more confirmation. My point is, the n4cer was one of the weakest fake documents that have been posted on this site, yet so many people bought it as gospel just because they were so desperate to believe.
    Drat, south of 5,000 again, not that it matters, but I do prefer the RED Treo icons.
    what thread got taken off topic?
    - Palm
    - Microsoft
    - Sprint
    - Verizon

I have no known to me business interests in any of those companies. I am also not an employee of any of those companies. I do business with (or have) each of those companies. That is the extent.
    The 2nd May 28th thread -- May 28th has been moved to June 9th. . . .
    Poor Perry

Better do some mad posting to get back to 5K
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."