Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 882
  1.    #81  
    Yes, I have no hard evidence to say that it will be the 700p. Could be completely wrong, I just don't think it very likely, and I think most of the posters here would agree with me.

    And I did show my proof. Remember that little .pdf that is now on endgadget.com?

    Not likely that Sprint would think it very worth while to track me down considering that it would take quite a bit of effort and that this really can't do much harm, other than flooding stores and call centers with more questions that agents can't answer. Worst case scenario, its a nuisance that is easily written off. Best case scenario, its free marketing for them.

    Either way, if they find me, big deal. I'll deal with the consequences of my own actions. I'm ok with that.

    OneWing
  2. #82  
    I am torn. This somewhat meets the expectations based on my call yesterday BUT as dstrauss pointed out if hundreds (even thousands) of Sprint employees got this today why have we only heard of one instance? Something doesn't add up. Do the Sprint Playbooks have the exact same format as the earlier Sprint document?

    Lastly he says it has no specifications. OOOPPPPPSSS!!!! Wasn't it back in February we supposedly saw the Sprint specs on the famed internal document? Why would they not have that in a "playbook"?

    Call me cautious but I think there is something not quite right on this one guys. This has Slnky written all over it.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Fact #1 - You say 700P but you also say it does not say P or W so I assume you are simply assuming and may be totally wrong? Am I right in stating that?

    Fact #2 - Since you can be easily found by Sprint just by being on here it is of no greater risk to show us the proof is it? I think you are in deep enough manure as it is if you are telling the truth. Also the LX550 product sheet is circulating on the web already. It is similar to the one we saw on the 700P earlier this spring but it actually has Sprint logo's on the document.

    Not sure what to think about this...
    Ah, good ol' skeptical gharrod is back from the depths of Hell.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Yes, I have no hard evidence to say that it will be the 700p. Could be completely wrong, I just don't think it very likely, and I think most of the posters here would agree with me.

    And I did show my proof. Remember that little .pdf that is now on endgadget.com?

    Not likely that Sprint would think it very worth while to track me down considering that it would take quite a bit of effort and that this really can't do much harm, other than flooding stores and call centers with more questions that agents can't answer. Worst case scenario, its a nuisance that is easily written off. Best case scenario, its free marketing for them.

    Either way, if they find me, big deal. I'll deal with the consequences of my own actions. I'm ok with that.

    OneWing
    So OneWing you took it upon yourself to just seek out TC and post theinformation here as a loyal but unmoral employee of Sprint. Is that the case?

    Other sites are showing the spec sheet for the LG phone. Where is the one for the 700?
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Ah, good ol' skeptical gharrod is back from the depths of Hell.
    Actually went to see Tom Snooze in MI3. Talk about the worse over-acting in the history of cinema. When he comes out of cardiac arrest and knows exactly where the gun is and immediately starts aiming I laughed out loud as did most in the theater. What a joke of a movie. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was great as the villian though.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Yes, I have no hard evidence to say that it will be the 700p. Could be completely wrong, I just don't think it very likely, and I think most of the posters here would agree with me.

    And I did show my proof. Remember that little .pdf that is now on endgadget.com?

    Not likely that Sprint would think it very worth while to track me down considering that it would take quite a bit of effort and that this really can't do much harm, other than flooding stores and call centers with more questions that agents can't answer. Worst case scenario, its a nuisance that is easily written off. Best case scenario, its free marketing for them.

    Either way, if they find me, big deal. I'll deal with the consequences of my own actions. I'm ok with that.

    OneWing
    Let me make this perfectly clear. I do not want anyone to say I am wrong about this BUT you do not have specs for the device and your sheet you presented states only Palm 700 not W or P and you are ASSUMING it is the POS version.

    Is that a correct characterization?
  7. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Let me make this perfectly clear. I do not want anyone to say I am wrong about this BUT you do not have specs for the device and your sheet you presented states only Palm 700 not W or P and you are ASSUMING it is the POS version.

    Is that a correct characterization?

    The photos he posted looked like the Palm OS to me.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Fact #1 - You say 700P but you also say it does not say P or W so I assume you are simply assuming and may be totally wrong? Am I right in stating that?

    Fact #2 - Since you can be easily found by Sprint just by being on here it is of no greater risk to show us the proof is it? I think you are in deep enough manure as it is if you are telling the truth. Also the LX550 product sheet is circulating on the web already. It is similar to the one we saw on the 700P earlier this spring but it actually has Sprint logo's on the document.

    Not sure what to think about this...
    I'm with gharrod so count me a skeptic. Here's my reason. Note that it's listed on the calendar as the "Palm 700" and not the 700p. I spoke with a Sprint technical support person on the phone last week regarding an issue I was having with email on my 650. After solving my reason for the call I just asked about the rumored release of a 700 in May. The technical support confirmed they were in final phase of testing but that it looked like the release would be late May... "in fact May 28" was the answer. My next question, "Will it be a 700p or 700w?" To which she decisively responded it will be a windows mobile OS device.
    Hence, I'm putting my bid in that the "Palm" on that calendar refers to the "Palm" as the manufacturer and not the OS. Even on the Verizon 700w there is the word Palm in the upper left hand corner of the device. and the Verizon logo on upper left.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    The photos he posted looked like the Palm OS to me.
    I am not seeing the photos? post a link please???? thank you...
  10. #90  
    Also, the 28th is not just a Sunday but the Sunday of a holiday weekend. Seems an odd time for a major release. Release on Sunday and not staff for sales till Tuesday? Seems a bit odd.
  11. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I am not seeing the photos? post a link please???? thank you...

    My bad... the pics were from the Pimp. not OneWing
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrgene...?.dir=/d550scd
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    By bad... the pics were from the Pimp. not OneWing
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrgene...?.dir=/d550scd
    They may be one in the same for all I know.
  13. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Also, the 28th is not just a Sunday but the Sunday of a holiday weekend. Seems an odd time for a major release. Release on Sunday and not staff for sales till Tuesday? Seems a bit odd.
    See his post below

    Posted By OneWing
    Sprint commonly releases new handsets on Sundays....

    Sprint commonly releases new handsets on Sundays. Most recently, the LX350 by LG and the Sanyo 3100 launched not last sunday, but the sunday before.

    Sunday is the start of the work week for retail...
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  14. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Also, the 28th is not just a Sunday but the Sunday of a holiday weekend. Seems an odd time for a major release. Release on Sunday and not staff for sales till Tuesday? Seems a bit odd.
    and a way for you to verify this:

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Go to a sprint store, ask to speak to a rep. Ask them if they have seen the new playbook that posted today. If not, have them look for it. If they don't know where, tell them to go to the retail operations page (hopefully they know where that is) and there should be a link to the new playbook dated today.

    It should open up a .pdf file for them. If they selected the "participant's guide," the calendar should be on page 4. May 28th, highlighted in yellow, is the release date.

    OneWing
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Wouldn't it be funny if it is the 700w being released on May 28 and Perry has to wait 2 extra weeks for the 700p?
    Okay, I'll speculate with you. Palm/Verizon releases in June (about the same time the 700w releases to Sprint after the exclusive agreement expires) the 700p. Verizon then has an exclusive on the 700p as with the 700w before other providers pick it up.

    There that's my "prediction".
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    Okay, I'll speculate with you. Palm/Verizon releases in June (about the same time the 700w releases to Sprint after the exclusive agreement expires) the 700p. Verizon then has an exclusive on the 700p as with the 700w before other providers pick it up.

    There that's my "prediction".
    Ouch!!! that would hurt. For me to switch to CDMA, it would have to be to Sprint.

    All rumors indicate a 700P and even a 700W
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    And I did show my proof. Remember that little .pdf that is now on endgadget.com?

    And the cycle continues.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
  18.    #98  
    Yes, your speculation is right. I'm a loyal but immoral Sprint employee. But I'm also ethical when it comes to the customer experience, and I thought people would like to know.

    Sales will be staffed that weekend. Sales does not get that weekend off. Sunday through Saturday, so the stores will be staffed for people having those days off to go shop the sales at other stores, hopefully stopping into a sprint store.

    It wouldn't have specs because the release is still a ways off. They will probably release specs the tuesday before.

    Sprint Sales employees probably don't know about it because they don't care about it. These playbooks release on Tuesday, but no one bothers to read them until the store meetings on Friday mornings. Stop by your sprint store before they open on a friday morning. You will probably see a lot of sales reps in there laughing at the people who are waiting to come into the door. Most sales reps, to my understanding, don't bother reading the playbook material until they have to.

    Been to a sprint store lately? The reps tend to be one of two types: Sales "lifers" who are just there because its decent money and for a lifer, its easy to hit the quotas; and hipsters who think they are getting into a cool career with cool tech, but who don't bother learning about the tech. Seriously, you knew more about the treo after your first week with it than most sales reps know after selling the 650 for a full year.

    And yeah, it might be the w, not the p, but all the speculation points to a POS device. Yes, that speculation could be wrong. I hope its not.

    So, to summarize: yes, there is still some skepticism to be had here, could be a windows device, its just less likely to be so. No, it really isn't fishy to launch it on a holiday Sunday. Might not be smart, but it isn't out of the norm by any means. No, it isn't a surprise this isn't spread around the web by lots of other employees because most other employees just don't care.

    OneWing
  19.    #99  
    Also, the internal sheet that was spread around earlier is not something I'm familiar with. I saw the bad scans on the web, but never saw an original where I work. I personally have seen no specs, so I do not want to speculate. Anything that I have heard is likely from the same root sources that you heard them from.

    I can tell you that the fact sheet that was spread around earlier was not from a playbook publication. I cannot tell you for certain if it was really a sprint internal document. I can tell you I have only seen it on the web.

    I have not personally seen a Treo 700. Heck, I think I've only seen a 700w once or twice in total, all from Verizon, obviously.

    I'll try to keep an eye out for any other info, but I wouldn't expect any until the 15th. I would imagine that everything should be well known and public domain by the 23rd, at the latest. My speculation for that comes from knowing the playbooks publish on Tuesdays, and that's the last tuesday before the launch. I would hope that Sprint would give out the specs in that one, at least.

    OneWing
  20. #100  
    OneWing, I'm not sure if you have answered this yet. In your opinion when will we be able to walk into a Sprint store, or call Sprint sales to buy the Treo? Will it be on the 28th? Thanks for supplying us all with great info
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions