Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    I wonder what someone could say with new information that G wouldnt question?

Doesnt it become tiresome to constantly doubt people G?

Jeeze if the release of the 700p hasnt proven anything to you yet G I dont know what will.

I wonder what conversations with his peers/family/friends are like...

Friend of G: "Dude I may be able to score some tickets to the big game next week, do you want to get in if I can?

G: "Man, dont come to me with that junk, maybe? maybe? MAYBE? I dont want you to talk to me about maybe, youre just trying to get me to suck up to you. Dont call me till you have the tickets...

and on it goes.

Sorry G to be so harsh but damn man its frustrating to read your posts sometimes.
    I agree, Gharrod is sometimes overly, yet amusingly, negative, but Onewing is being annoying."If you think you have to convince me to trust you..blah blah blah." Who cares. I don't doubt his credibility. I appreciate that he posted the release info. But the grandstanding about the coupon has gotten old. Those that don't get it from him will survive. He's annoyed by people asking him about it, but he posted about it in a general forum. He brought it on himself. And, IMNSHO, he likes the attention. He can keep his damn coupon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    What makes it seem Sprint doesn't care about it's current subscribers???
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneWing
    Sprint doens't give a rat's fart about what they can do for exisiting customers to get into a Treo, they are hoping it brings in new customers.

Its employees...
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I agree, Gharrod is sometimes overly, yet amusingly, negative, but Onewing is being annoying."If you think you have to convince me to trust you..blah blah blah." Who cares. I don't doubt his credibility. I appreciate that he posted the release info. But the grandstanding about the coupon has gotten old. Those that don't get it from him will survive. He's annoyed by people asking him about it, but he posted about it in a general forum. He brought it on himself. And, IMNSHO, he likes the attention. He can keep his damn coupon.

You make a good point about grandstanding, but to say the guy isnt credible I think just... I dunno.

I see both sides of it. I spose but I think to say the guy isnt credible when all he put his job on the line for the sake of posting new and helpful TRUE information, and continued to post after that is a bit much. Grandstanding maybe but to basically say the guy is a liar IMHO is a bit to far.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    You make a good point about grandstanding, but to say the guy isnt credible I think just... I dunno.

I see both sides of it. I spose but I think to say the guy isnt credible when all he put his job on the line for the sake of posting new and helpful TRUE information, and continued to post after that is a bit much. Grandstanding maybe but to basically say the guy is a liar IMHO is a bit to far.
    Like I said, I don't doubt his credibility. But! Did he really risk his job? He anonymously posted a document that they give to hundreds or thousands of Sprint employees. Is Sprint really going to investigate who posted that document? I doubt it.
    Sprint has fired employees for posting internal doc's before.

The Palm police didn't have much trouble finding Merlyn or Perry.

He definitely took a risk...and this is the thanks he gets...sad.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Perry got nabbed? Where was I when that happened?
    Sprint has fired employees for posting internal doc's before.

He definitely took a risk...and this is the thanks he gets...sad.
    That's because Merlyn and Perry both work for Palm! That's the word on the street...
    The street is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong!

At least I am not out any cash.

Cheers, Perry.
    OK This forum could become a TV reality show!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Perry doesn't work for Palm he is actually a consultant for the PRPRPR $teamn$ Kidding.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Gharrod,
    There IS a $200 coupon available.
    OneWing IS correct. After what you wrote questioning his integrity and motives I hope he keeps tells everyone here to get it somewhere else!!!
    Well if this $200 coupon is available only to Sprint employees, why even bring it up here? It makes it like he's just bragging about it to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou

Ddduuuuudddeeee, I tried to be nice like I am in real life and people begged me to be my cartoonishly negative self. SO DEAL WITH IT. LOL...

Hey Onewing, I got a coupon for ya right here buddy. You attention lover...
    Gharrod,
    There IS a $200 coupon available.
    OneWing IS correct. After what you wrote questioning his integrity and motives I hope he keeps tells everyone here to get it somewhere else!!!
    I trust you Dragonman but Onewing has gotten my dander up about his publicly bragging about this then getting madd after people wanted them. What the h e l l did he expect? I mean good grief.

I felt like I could challenge him on three points. His lack of genuine responses to the masses he taunted and secondly his constant whining that people wanted it. Lastly his information on pricing was inconsistent with Sprints own released pricing details in published mainstream press sources.

Jeeze if the release of the 700p hasnt proven anything to you yet G I dont know what will.

Friend of G: "Dude I may be able to score some tickets to the big game next week, do you want to get in if I can?

G: "Man, dont come to me with that junk, maybe? maybe? MAYBE? I dont want you to talk to me about maybe, youre just trying to get me to suck up to you. Dont call me till you have the tickets...

and on it goes.

Sorry G to be so harsh but damn man its frustrating to read your posts sometimes.
    No one who knows me would even approach me with a maybe gift. You really have friends and family that would do that to you? Sorry I do not arrange my life on a speculative basis.

NOW, will you read the words I write?? If you do you will see I have clear and detailed reasons why I doubt some things. Others are more a playing off the other posters. In the case of the 700P I have stated dozens of times I really hoped the 700p existed and awaited the release and if it were good enough I may even buy. So read before trying to figure out my writings.

Oh, and my family loves me as I hope yours loves you. I am not the cold heartless ******* you may think I am but a highly successful businessman working hard and doing the best I can to make this world a better place. I am sory I have been such a thorn in your side andd there is an ignore button for a good reason...because you may find you disagree with me and not have the patience to read my words completely. Go ahead and use that ignore button..I am not offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    No one who knows me would even approach me with a maybe gift. You really have friends and family that would do that to you? Sorry I do not arrange my life on a speculative basis.

NOW, will you read the words I write?? If you do you will see I have clear and detailed reasons why I doubt some things. Others are more a playing off the other posters. In the case of the 700P I have stated dozens of times I really hoped the 700p existed and awaited the release and if it were good enough I may even buy. So read before trying to figure out my writings.

Oh, and my family loves me as I hope yours loves you. I am not the cold heartless ******* you may think I am but a highly successful businessman working hard and doing the best I can to make this world a better place. I am sory I have been such a thorn in your side andd there is an ignore button for a good reason...because you may find you disagree with me and not have the patience to read my words completely. Go ahead and use that ignore button..I am not offended.
    Gharrod, keep your chin up, buddy. lol.
    This thread needs a group hug!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod

I love you, man...well, not in a spooning way.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    just share Emma and we wil be juuuussssttttt fine...

and on it goes.

Actually I would kind of react that way. I don't set myself up for disappointments. I usually tell people to ask me again when they know for a definate. I have only seen Gharrod being slightly off on things a few times. Even then he just seemed to be a little misdirected. Gharrod doesn't try to mess with people or stir up controversy, he merely looks for the truth. There are many people in these forums that are so anxious for information that they will believe anything that is said without question. Even some news sources picked up on the Slinky thing. To be honest, most of the 700p stuff was very suspicious. It turns out that the stuff was true, but until Palm made the announcement, there was no way to know. I don't know why so many people get mad at him for just seeking the truth and not believing right off the bat. I question much of the stuff as well, I'm just not as outspoken about it.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Actually I would kind of react that way. I don't set myself up for disappointments. I usually tell people to ask me again when they know for a definate. I have only seen Gharrod being slightly off on things a few times. Even then he just seemed to be a little misdirected. Gharrod doesn't try to mess with people or stir up controversy, he merely looks for the truth. There are many people in these forums that are so anxious for information that they will believe anything that is said without question. Even some news sources picked up on the Slinky thing. To be honest, most of the 700p stuff was very suspicious. It turns out that the stuff was true, but until Palm made the announcement, there was no way to know. I don't know why so many people get mad at him for just seeking the truth and not believing right off the bat. I question much of the stuff as well, I'm just not as outspoken about it.
    Can anyone prove that Gharrod actually exists? I heard a rumor that he's actually Geatches logged in with a different name....

Seriously...I applaud anyone who sticks to the "facts" and doesn't go all girlymon the moment some rumor starts racing through the treosphere. I think Perry's been accused of that before (well, maybe not girlymon...but getting a bit over-excited perhaps?)...and I don't think that's the case either. Perry seems to be more the cheerleader to Gharrod grim reaper...but I have to say that Perry seems to have done fact checking with a few sources and then displayed cautious enthusiasm.

I dunno about you, but if I have a choice between sitting next to the cheerleader or the grim reaper, it isn't much of a decision...

Gharrod, I still love ya, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I dunno about you, but if I have a choice between sitting next to the cheerleader or the grim reaper, it isn't much of a decision...

Idk man. I remember when I was back in High School. We had some cheerleaders that would make ol' grimmy look like a hot chick.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...