Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Are these Treos usually available on Palm's website the same time they are available through the carrier?
    Actually you just go to the Microsoft website now and you can get one for $99 and they will give you a free plasma TV also.

Yes, the Palm website usually gets them first then Sprint a day or two later...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Actually you just go to the Microsoft website now and you can get one for $99 and they will give you a free plasma TV also.

Yes, the Palm website usually gets them first then Sprint a day or two later...
    I don't think availability is going to be an issue. Obviously everyone on TC thinks it sucks...so we know NO ONE is gunna buy this thing. In fact, I bet if you check e-bay on June 1 you'll be able to find HUNDREDS of slightly used 700P's going for as little at 88 cents each.
    Even Sprint sees it as a bad deal and has announced they will have to sell is for $200 less then retail. Is it true the 700P comes standard with a ringtone of a french poodle barking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    I don't think availability is going to be an issue. Obviously everyone on TC thinks it sucks...so we know NO ONE is gunna buy this thing. In fact, I bet if you check e-bay on June 1 you'll be able to find HUNDREDS of slightly used 700P's going for as little at 88 cents each.

GOOD PLAN !!

I'm gonna wait.
  5.    #765  
    Quick update:

No new information about the treo in this week's update.

Some managers are predicting the price point will be 599.99 with a lot of discounts to new subscirbers after that. I've heard the 649.99 as well, but the rumor is that we can't sell enough of them at the price that we really want to sell them at . . .???

Whatever that means.

I'd expect new subscribers should be able to find a way into a treo for under 400, more likely around 300. Sprint doens't give a rat's fart about what they can do for exisiting customers to get into a Treo, they are hoping it brings in new customers. They are eyeing verizon closely to see what kind of discounts they give. Sprint will try to do Mail in Rebates as much as possible, but it will probably come down to doing whatever Verizon does with thier mail in rebates and applying them as instant off.

Over the last few months, sprint is trying to make a push to do Mail in rebates instead of instant off rebates. Don't think its working too well.

Like I said before about the $200 coupon, I will not be giving out info until I know I can get my $200 off, so stop PMing me.

I've sent out one or two PMs to people I know I can trust with it.

If you think you have to convince me I can trust you, guess what: I can't trust you, so don't try.

OneWing
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Sprint doens't give a rat's fart about what they can do for exisiting customers to get into a Treo, they are hoping it brings in new customers. They are eyeing verizon closely to see what kind of discounts they give.

Onewing, what about existig customers who are out of contract like myself? Will out of contract Sprint customers get the same deal as new subscribers? Afterall, I coudl just cancel and then signup again, but that would be a PITA and I would imagine Sprint was realize that?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Sprint doens't give a rat's fart about what they can do for exisiting customers to get into a Treo, they are hoping it brings in new customers. T
    Sounds like employee-of-the-month speak to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Onewing, what about existig customers who are out of contract like myself? Will out of contract Sprint customers get the same deal as new subscribers? Afterall, I coudl just cancel and then signup again, but that would be a PITA and I would imagine Sprint was realize that?
    In my experience, Sprint will do just as much to keep you as they would to get a new customer. They have a whole department dedicated to retentions, after all. The closer you are to the end of your contract, the harder they'll try to keep you and try to get you into a contract. Especially if you are a good (big-spending) customer. They're not dumb.
    I am beginning to doubt Onewings credibility again. Sprint already announced the pricing and Onewing is saying he still hasn't heard definite pricing. See this from PC World...

Sprint (which says the 700p will be in its stores by the end of the month) is asking $550 with the purchase of a one-year plan, $500 if you commit to a two-year contract. Sprint will sweeten the deal for those who sign up for two years with a $100 service credit, but you only get the credit when you activate the phone, and you still have to pony up the $500 up front.

NNNOOOOWWWW, Mr Big Shot I can get coupons says he may have to back offf on the coupons he has beeen taunting with trying to get everyone to suck up to him. He has a bunch of puppets working him day and night to get these and he is all uptight that he is hearing about them. Sounds like a lot of boasting up front and a lot of backing off now. If these coupons are legit then he will not be the only one to know of them. Dragonman and others who are Sprint employees will find out about them and life will be good my friends.

Onewing, you knew the offer of the coupons was going to bring people out of the woodwork. I believe you did it as an attention grabber and I wonder what other motives you had? I have my ideas why and also how it backfired...

Seems there always is need for the truth police.
    I am beginning to doubt Onewings credibility again. Sprint already announced the pricing and Onewing is saying he still hasn't heard definite pricing. See this from PC World...

Sprint (which says the 700p will be in its stores by the end of the month) is asking $550 with the purchase of a one-year plan, $500 if you commit to a two-year contract. Sprint will sweeten the deal for those who sign up for two years with a $100 service credit, but you only get the credit when you activate the phone, and you still have to pony up the $500 up front.

NNNOOOOWWWW, Mr Big Shot I can get coupons says he may have to back offf on the coupons he has beeen taunting with trying to get everyone to suck up to him. He has a bunch of puppets working him day and night to get these and he is all uptight that he is hearing about them. Sounds like a lot of boasting up front and a lot of backing off now. If these coupons are legit then he will not be the only one to know of them. Dragonman and others who are Sprint employees will find out about them and life will be good my friends.

Onewing, you knew the offer of the coupons was going to bring people out of the woodwork. I believe you did it as an attention grabber and I wonder what other motives you had? I have my ideas why and also how it backfired...

G is back!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.

I agree with pretty much everything there.
    One other thing I suspect is he got the same coupon/code that I recieved from a friend who did a "plam coupon codes" google which reveals "Coupon Code for Palm : PLMREG". My friend did jump the gun and said it was for 700p, after some research it turns out its 20% off Palm accesories. So I think either he got the same coupon and thot it was a nice idea to play with people or the coupon he claims to have doesn't exist.

Please don't flame ... I fear fire.
    <s></s>
    That's the Gharrod we all know..."I doubt..."

I completely understand OneWing's comment about the PM's. I do not doubt his credibility or his motives. He is trying to be helpful...plain and simple.

I did the same thing in the SERO thread. I said I'd give out as many as I could (which turned out to be 5). I gave those out and posted I had no more then still got 30 or so PM's asking for it. I didn't realize I would get the unending stream of PM's. It's easy to forget just how many people read these forums.

For the record If and when I get info/availabliltiy of a $200 coupon I will choose who get one and will NOT answer ANY PM's about them. The sheer volume of PM's would be overwhelming and too time consuming to answer. If there is ever anything public I will post it.

I also will not answer any more PM's about getting the 700p on SERO. If you want SERO call CC or use the website. I can't set it up in the store and don't know if the 700p will be available for the SERO plan.

I imagine OneWing is a little tired of the "gimme, gimme" attitude. I know I am.

I can also verify his info about the unit allegedly being available in stores at the end of May.

Come on people this guy was the prime source for ending the silly season. He put his job in jeopardy to get us info we all really wanted. Now because he doesn't produce a $200 savings he said he MIGHT be able to get all the sudden we can trust his motives??? Give me a break...and while you're at it give OneWing a break...He's earned it IMO!!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    So Sprint really doesn't care about the subscribers it already has?
    What makes it seem Sprint doesn't care about it's current subscribers???
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So Sprint really doesn't care about the subscribers it already has?
    It would appear that they care a little. But if you are in contract, they don't seem to worry about you paying the $150 or $200, or whatever, to break the contract and bolt. I'm a year into a 2 year contract, so I'm screwed. Without a real discount, I don't think I can afford the new one. I wish I knew about the release date before I bought a BT Headset, and a pair of BT Headphones. Heck, that would be my discount money right there!
    Same here. I'm 6 months into a 2 year contract. I'm gonna try to sell my 650 and use that as discount money. I may have a $100 coupon to use if I purchase the 700P directly from Palm.

Hopefully, just buying the 700P with no contract from Palm won't cost more than buying it with no contract from Sprint.
    One rumor here had Sprint availability as 5/18/06, so I decided to check in with Sprint Telesales this morning. The woman I spoke to gave the more commonly advertised release date of 5/28/06. Unless things change on the Palm website, looks like we've got 10 more days (plus shipping time) to wait!!
    Gharrod,
    There IS a $200 coupon available.
    OneWing IS correct. After what you wrote questioning his integrity and motives I hope he keeps tells everyone here to get it somewhere else!!!
    I wonder what someone could say with new information that G wouldnt question?

Doesnt it become tiresome to constantly doubt people G?

Jeeze if the release of the 700p hasnt proven anything to you yet G I dont know what will.

I wonder what conversations with his peers/family/friends are like...

Friend of G: "Dude I may be able to score some tickets to the big game next week, do you want to get in if I can?

G: "Man, dont come to me with that junk, maybe? maybe? MAYBE? I dont want you to talk to me about maybe, youre just trying to get me to suck up to you. Dont call me till you have the tickets...

and on it goes.

Sorry G to be so harsh but damn man its frustrating to read your posts sometimes.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Dragonman is this $200 off the discounted price with a 2 year contract? IOW, is it in addition to?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.