Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    OneWing is a great guy
    You got a coupon, didn't you?!

OneWing is just an attention hog. Dangling a carrot in front of us and watching us chase it. That big jerk..............................................I'd do it too. Haha.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    I just think Onewing is a great guy for all the stuff he's been doing here for the treocentral members
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I just think Onewing is a great guy for all the stuff he's been doing here for the treocentral members
    I was just messing with ya.

I completely agree, as I said before. Even if he doesn't give any coupons, he's still been active here. And he risked his job for a bunch of people he doesn't know and some gave him crap in the beginning and he still tried to help out.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

4.    #724  
    Well, as I stated earlier, I am a cold, heartless human being, so no amount of kissing up is gonna help guys.

I'm gonna work out coupon stuff a little closer to the release date. Might know more tomorrow. It is still entirely possible that palm.com will have Sprint Treo 700s for sale after the announcement, before the May 28th retail release. If that's the case, I may hop on the bandwagon early and move on from there.

Onewing
    Keep us informed onewing.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews
    Since I probably have one of the lowest ratio of posts (12) to months of forum membership (80 months, since 9/1999), I'll second that suggestion!
    I couldn't resist and had to do a search for all your posts. Where were you between 2000 and 2005?

Regarding the 2.5" headset connector. Bad news: Check the 700w forum and you'll see that people are reporting bum jacks already. I suppose there's still a chance that this recent bout of problems caused Palm to finally fix it with a more recent hardware revision and the 700p (and newer 700w's) won't have this problem, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Oh, and BTW OneWing...I just wanted to mention that I think that cold, heartless human beings are the best human beings on earth.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I couldn't resist and had to do a search for all your posts. Where were you between 2000 and 2005?

Regarding the 2.5" headset connector. Bad news: Check the 700w forum and you'll see that people are reporting bum jacks already. I suppose there's still a chance that this recent bout of problems caused Palm to finally fix it with a more recent hardware revision and the 700p (and newer 700w's) won't have this problem, but I'm not holding my breath.

I know Sprint wanted to cut down on returns with the 700P -- you would think that this would have been high on the list -- unless the "press" that the problem recieved on Treo forums -- did not match up with real world return rates. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    ...you guys are such a$$ kissers...

I have a $300 coupon. How bad can you suck up now?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    ...you guys are such a$$ kissers...

I have a $300 coupon. How bad can you suck up now?
    Liar, liar, emoticon on fire!

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Grab a copy of Master Kick (latest is version 1.07) http://www.indus3.org/masterkick/dow...masterkick.zip

There's a txt file in the ZIP file, and here's what it says:
    Current version supports following devices:

PALM / PalmOne:
    Treo 650, Treo 700p (codename: Ventura)
    Palm TX
    LifeDrive
    Tungsten T5, Tungsten T3, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T
    Tungsten C
    Tungsten E2, Tungsten E
    Zire 72, Zire 72s, Zire 71
    Ventura? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by kiancheong
    Grab a copy of Master Kick (latest is version 1.07) http://www.indus3.org/masterkick/dow...masterkick.zip

There's a txt file in the ZIP file, and here's what it says:
    Current version supports following devices:

PALM / PalmOne:
    Treo 650, Treo 700p (codename: Ventura)
    Palm TX
    LifeDrive
    Tungsten T5, Tungsten T3, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T
    Tungsten C
    Tungsten E2, Tungsten E
    Zire 72, Zire 72s, Zire 71
    Ventura? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

Wait...wasn't the previous Palm (i.e. Treo 650) called Ace? So putting them in order that makes Ace Ventura..................................................hmm

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Wait...wasn't the previous Palm (i.e. Treo 650) called Ace? So putting them in order that makes Ace Ventura..................................................hmm

so the next palm 900 will be called Pet Detective?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    so the next palm 900 will be called Pet Detective?
    No no no, Hollywood was changed to detective, and Lowrider to pet...now of course the Detective will probably come out before the Pet.....but Palm likes the screw with us like that....

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Well, to make a long story long, I was in Treo purgatory.

I signed up for these boards back when VisorCenrtral was first started and bought one of the very first Visors (as you probably saw in my very early postings). I later bought one of the Kyocera Palm phones and even though it was the size of a small brick I realized that I would be in hell without it.

Then my girlfriend moved out of state a few years ago and I decided that it would be a good idea if both of us had camera phones to help maintain the long-distance relationship. And I really think it was a huge reason we stayed together during that time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a Treo 600 (I think it wasn't available at the time), so I had to downgrade to the first Sanyo camera phones. I ended up buying a Sony Clie to replace my phone-based PDA and suffered with a two-device solution. It was worth it because my girlfried moved back and we got married, but I still missed my old Kyocera.

I was never a big fan of the pre-600 Treos...really didn't like the clamshell design. I was very tempted by the Treo 600, but couldn't justify the downgrade in PDA functionality since my Clie had a hi-res screen. When the Treo 650 came out, I finally had everything I wanted and picked one up (using my 2-year subscriber credit). I've been having a blast ever since.

Since then, I've been spending way too much time with my Treo and on these boards (my wife calls my Treo her "competition"). Mostly I've just learning how to get the most out of my Treo and then later learning to hack the ROMs (now running a 4GB SD card with the FAT32 hack). I haven't posted much because there were usually far wiser people than myself getting there first and I generally don't post unless I have something to contribute or a question to ask (this posting being an exception).

So, that's where I was between 2000 and much of 2005. I'm always showing off what I can do with my Treo 650...so much so that both my sister and her best friend traded in their Blackberries and bought a Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews
    Well, to make a long story long, I was in Treo purgatory.

I signed up for these boards back when VisorCenrtral was first started and bought one of the very first Visors (as you probably saw in my very early postings). I later bought one of the Kyocera Palm phones and even though it was the size of a small brick I realized that I would be in hell without it.

Then my girlfriend moved out of state a few years ago and I decided that it would be a good idea if both of us had camera phones to help maintain the long-distance relationship. And I really think it was a huge reason we stayed together during that time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a Treo 600 (I think it wasn't available at the time), so I had to downgrade to the first Sanyo camera phones. I ended up buying a Sony Clie to replace my phone-based PDA and suffered with a two-device solution. It was worth it because my girlfried moved back and we got married, but I still missed my old Kyocera.

I was never a big fan of the pre-600 Treos...really didn't like the clamshell design. I was very tempted by the Treo 600, but couldn't justify the downgrade in PDA functionality since my Clie had a hi-res screen. When the Treo 650 came out, I finally had everything I wanted and picked one up (using my 2-year subscriber credit). I've been having a blast ever since.

Since then, I've been spending way too much time with my Treo and on these boards (my wife calls my Treo her "competition"). Mostly I've just learning how to get the most out of my Treo and then later learning to hack the ROMs (now running a 4GB SD card with the FAT32 hack). I haven't posted much because there were usually far wiser people than myself getting there first and I generally don't post unless I have something to contribute or a question to ask (this posting being an exception).

So, that's where I was between 2000 and much of 2005. I'm always showing off what I can do with my Treo 650...so much so that both my sister and her best friend traded in their Blackberries and bought a Treo 650.
    Welcome back!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    To that same old place that you laughed about.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think PM's are a good idea : )

Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    or by my own choice through PMs?

Discuss.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    To that same old place that you laughed about.
    The avatars have all changed since you came around.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    well its confirmed alright