Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Please consider the following, the first reply in this this thread when giving thought to who gets your coupons:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=1&pp=40

It was heartfelt (in a non-Brokeback way), and I had your back (also non-Brokeback) all the way through this thread, never bashed you.

Your thoughtful consideration is appreciated.

<wipes brown substance from nose>
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Good call. And, since I didn't previously ask, I would of course appreciate a coupon.

Might I suggest limiting the criteria to people who have been VisorCentral/TreoCentral members since before November, 2001?
    Hey now! Let's not get carried away!

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    The latest incarnation of this thread reminds me of a joke:

Man to woman: "Would you sleep with me?"
    Woman: "Of course not!"
    Man: "Would you sleep with me for ten million dollars?"
    Woman: "Umm, ten million dollars? Well, yes I guess I would."
    Man: "Would you sleep with me for a hundred dollars?"
    Woman: "NO! What do you think I am, a *****?"
    Man: "Yes, I think we've established that. Now we just need to determine your price."

I've determined the going price for most TC posters, $200.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    I don't forsee a problem with them working, so long as you order online and through sprint. My current plan is to enroll in the replacement program, sell an Earthlink 650 that I have laying around with no use whatsoever, Order a 700 on a new line for another 150 off and then use the 200 off that. Should come to over $400 savings, since I'm out of contract on my current 650.

And I don't remember saying anything about first come, first serve in regards to calling dibs on these things. . .

For the record, it isn't the coupon itself that would be abused. Its unique, one time use. Its how to get the coupons that I'd be posting.I'm gonna try to get a few extras myself, anyways, but oh well.

As for my criteria, I'm pretty sure that if I do the PM thing, if you weren't active in some way on this board before page 20, you really don't qualify. Just saying that if you couldn't contribute to the first 20 pages of the conversation, you probablyaren't really as enthused as I'd want you to be.

And if you didn't post until after coupons were mentioned, I don't care how enthused you are.

OneWing
    I find it funny that all those doubting flamers with 1000 plus posts were trashing your integrity, are now, that something like money is involved, start the kiss up mode, you know like pelvic bruises on their foreheads. I would buy the 700p for $1000.00 so I guess I am a REAL enthusiast coupon or no coupon. Let the flaming begin!
    Onewing already knows who was active, it is funny to see people come out of the woodwork wanting a coupon. I'll be getting the 700p coupon or no coupon. I would like one though; )
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by feces
    I find it funny that all those doubting flamers with 1000 plus posts were trashing your integrity, are now, that something like money is involved, start the kiss up mode, you know like pelvic bruises on their foreheads. I would buy the 700p for $1000.00 so I guess I am a REAL enthusiast coupon or no coupon. Let the flaming begin!
    Feces, I don't see any of us doubters asking for coupons. I personally apologized to Onewing for my doubting of him. If you have a problem with that there are other places you can play. Just be sure and ask your mommie first.
    Good call. And, since I didn't previously ask, I would of course appreciate a coupon.

Might I suggest limiting the criteria to people who have been VisorCentral/TreoCentral members since before November, 2001?
    I think that onewing should determine who gets the coupons. Setting the date of membership as suggested would actually eliminate onewing if he were not the one with the coupons although he has contributed significantly to the discussion and has provided a lot of info. I am a longtime lurker and have not posted often and have not contributed much to the quest for the 700p. I do not expect a coupon, nor am I requesting one. I just think that the guy who has the access should be making that determination since without his efforts, no one would have a coupon. I hope that the coupon deal does work for as many of you as possible since I will be getting a 700P and will then benefit from the wisdom of the group to get answers with probs.
    Legalbeagle
    Sheesh. I was making a joke. Obviously, OneWing can figure out who does and doesn't get one of his coupons. Good luck to all.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    No Scott we must convince him who's worthy of a coupon,lol. Kidding.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Since I probably have one of the lowest ratio of posts (12) to months of forum membership (80 months, since 9/1999), I'll second that suggestion!
    As for my criteria, I'm pretty sure that if I do the PM thing, if you weren't active in some way on this board before page 20, you really don't qualify. Just saying that if you couldn't contribute to the first 20 pages of the conversation, you probablyaren't really as enthused as I'd want you to be.

And if you didn't post until after coupons were mentioned, I don't care how enthused you are.
    That makes sense and, for the record, my first posts in this thread were around page 3. Having said that, though, I don't think you need any hard and fast rule -- you do what you want to do with your information.

As previously requested, I'd love the coupon. But, coupon or not, I'm getting the 700p as soon as I can because I'm currently in Treo withdrawl after my insurance-less 650 was "broken beyond economic repair" per Sprint and therefore does not qualify for the $55 replacement program.

Enjoy the 700p -- it will be.
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but has anyone heard if the audio jack is the same, or they have joined the rest of the world and put in a 3.5mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but has anyone heard if the audio jack is the same, or they have joined the rest of the world and put in a 3.5mm?
    Wanna take a guess?

There's no way they put a 3.5mm jack in there. Headsets still have the 2.5mm jack, and that's Palm's primary use of that jack. You know Palm isn't gonna add *gasp* two jacks. So, I'd bet that the jack is the same size. Hopefully it'll have a better jack though.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Wanna take a guess?

There's no way they put a 3.5mm jack in there. Headsets still have the 2.5mm jack, and that's Palm's primary use of that jack. You know Palm isn't gonna add *gasp* two jacks. So, I'd bet that the jack is the same size. Hopefully it'll have a better jack though.
    I guess the follow up question would be: who still uses a wired headset?
    I guess the follow up question would be: who still uses a wired headset?
    Crazy people, that's who!

Seriously though, you'd be surprised how many people will shell out all the money for a Treo and then are too cheap to spend an extra $50 for a bluetooth headset.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

16.    #696  
    Wow, someone just sent me a picture of his wife and daughter to guilt me into giving him a coupon . . . Good thing I'm a cold, heartless human being.

DragonMan, no worries, you don't need me for the coupon. I PM'd you.

FYI, the coupon is only good when ordering through the palm.com website.

Onewing
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Crazy people, that's who!

Seriously though, you'd be surprised how many people will shell out all the money for a Treo and then are too cheap to spend an extra $50 for a bluetooth headset.
    So why the 2.5mm jack? To carry around an adapter to use this "wonderful multi-use" device is silly and one of the reasons I'm being pushed to buy an MS device.
    So why the 2.5mm jack? To carry around an adapter to use this "wonderful multi-use" device is silly and one of the reasons I'm being pushed to buy an MS device.
    Post people still haven't discovered the wonders of using this device for a music player. Plus, think how many companies buy these for their employees and aren't going to spend extra for bluetooth headsets.

P.s. to OneWing: I'm worried about my coupon. If I show you a picture of the starving children in Africa that will die if I don't get a coupon, can I have one?

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

yea... I am an early adopter so the palm coupon prolly wont work for me since Sprint usually ships them out first....
    Wow, someone just sent me a picture of his wife and daughter to guilt me into giving him a coupon . . . Good thing I'm a cold, heartless human being.

DragonMan, no worries, you don't need me for the coupon. I PM'd you.

FYI, the coupon is only good when ordering through the palm.com website.

Onewing

OneWing, you are already sending out PM's?????

I called dibs #2 early in the thread...you think you can send me one also?