Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Why don't you PM the people that have already claimed them? Then you'll have nothing to worry about. And if a few other people PM you for the info, then you could take that at your own discretion.

Glad I claimed mine.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Why don't you PM the people that have already claimed them? Then you'll have nothing to worry about. And if a few other people PM you for the info, then you could take that at your own discretion.

Glad I claimed mine.
    Then it will be subject to the same abuse that OneWing stated. Anyone he sends a PM can potentially post the info publicly since it is not unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Then it will be subject to the same abuse that OneWing stated. Anyone he sends a PM can potentially post the info publicly since it is not unique.
    Yes, I suppose that's true. My logic was that with only a few people getting them, he could screen the people that have already asked and then decide who to share with. Most of the people who have already claimed one have been active in the 700p dicussion for a while, and could probably prove themselves to be trustworthy, especially since if they abused this, they would be shunned. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if active posters would risk that. Anyways, there were a few people that I don't remember seeing before, and no offense to those people but they seem to have come from nowhere. All I know is some were quite upset over the speculated price because it's very expensive and out of the budgets of those people, so $200 off would very nice. Personally if the suggested price is true, I might have to wait a little for the price to come down. In the end, it's really completely up to OneWing and I completely see where he's coming from.

Just my 2 cents.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    If I post this deal to you guys, I think it could easily get out of hand. I think the 20 or so people who have asked so far could get away with it no problem. While I think it would be ok up to 100, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it going above 50. I sure as hell don't want my order cancelled because I was feeling generous to you fanatics.

Does everyone understand? Do we think we can play nice? Or should I just not give it out at all or by my own choice through PMs?
    Discuss.
    I'd definitely like to get a $200 discount on a 700p, but I completely understand your concerns about the coupon getting misused.

I think it is very reasonable to ask and expect people to give their word that that they won't pass it on to anyone else. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not since you don't know how I am other than another Treo lover that's been waiting a long time for a 700p, but I can give you my word that if you give me a code for a $200 discount on a 700p I will use it once for myself and won't release it to anyone else.

If you end up deciding that it's just not worth the risk of abuse, I can completely understand that too. It was a nice thought, but not every good idea can be put into practice.

But if you decide to give me one, that that would make be #17
    Last edited by JAndrews; 05/14/2006 at 03:03 AM.
    first let me claim # 16

I would send it to people who PM you. reason for this is because it will get out of hand once a lurker throws it out there and starts telling everyone about it.

Just my 2 cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    first let me claim # 16

I would send it to people who PM you. reason for this is because it will get out of hand once a lurker throws it out there and starts telling everyone about it.

Just my 2 cents...
    Other way around. He should PM the people who have asked for them already. Otherwise every dude and his mom are going to PM him.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Onewing,

You should definitely do whatever you think is right. But you should definitely make sure you get yours first before some jerkoff ruins it for you.
    ...good point noob... Onewing- send it to the first 20 people to have requested it...
    yeah, i guess id go with OneWing sending OUT the pms... one would hope those who got it, would be selfish enough to keep it to themselves and not post publicly :P

edit: And before I get too excited.... will these coupons apply only online, or in store? Can they be used with the handset replacement program? If i could score nearly 400 off a treo.... uggles
    Last edited by FuManChuu; 05/14/2006 at 05:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I'll take position 17 and would be willing not to disclose
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    #18 here on the dibs.

Thanks OneWing!

Anyway, I agree that these great offers with coupons do get out of hand. Everyone that gets one of these $200.00 off coupons (if OneWing can get them) has a responsibility to keep it to themselves.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 05/14/2006 at 05:35 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #20 and final!
  14.    #654  
    I don't forsee a problem with them working, so long as you order online and through sprint. My current plan is to enroll in the replacement program, sell an Earthlink 650 that I have laying around with no use whatsoever, Order a 700 on a new line for another 150 off and then use the 200 off that. Should come to over $400 savings, since I'm out of contract on my current 650.

And I don't remember saying anything about first come, first serve in regards to calling dibs on these things. . .

For the record, it isn't the coupon itself that would be abused. Its unique, one time use. Its how to get the coupons that I'd be posting.I'm gonna try to get a few extras myself, anyways, but oh well.

As for my criteria, I'm pretty sure that if I do the PM thing, if you weren't active in some way on this board before page 20, you really don't qualify. Just saying that if you couldn't contribute to the first 20 pages of the conversation, you probablyaren't really as enthused as I'd want you to be.

And if you didn't post until after coupons were mentioned, I don't care how enthused you are.

OneWing
    I don't forsee a problem with them working, so long as you order online and through sprint. My current plan is to enroll in the replacement program, sell an Earthlink 650 that I have laying around with no use whatsoever, Order a 700 on a new line for another 150 off and then use the 200 off that. Should come to over $400 savings, since I'm out of contract on my current 650.

And I don't remember saying anything about first come, first serve in regards to calling dibs on these things. . .

For the record, it isn't the coupon itself that would be abused. Its unique, one time use. Its how to get the coupons that I'd be posting.I'm gonna try to get a few extras myself, anyways, but oh well.

As for my criteria, I'm pretty sure that if I do the PM thing, if you weren't active in some way on this board before page 20, you really don't qualify. Just saying that if you couldn't contribute to the first 20 pages of the conversation, you probablyaren't really as enthused as I'd want you to be.

And if you didn't post until after coupons were mentioned, I don't care how enthused you are.

OneWing
    But my birthday is on the 15th ( annoucement day )
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)

OneWing
    Onewing that is a very fair and wonderful offer you place for the Treo users who have beeen faithful to the brand and to Sprint. You are a stand up guy and I for one am impressed with your helpfulness toward others. I apologize for the level of scrutiny I placed upon you but I hope you understand how we had seemingly hundreds of false alarms with people claiming this and that about the Treo.

Just want to extend the olive branch and hope you stay a part of the TC community.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Do you really think this guy is going to mail all of you $200 coupons? gharrod, where the hell are you?
    Geatches, as cynical as I must seeem I have to prove you wrog my friend. Onewing has been one of the truest posters about 700P rumors so far and brought the proof to the table. I challenged him and he stoood the test. I have admiration for him and if he says he has coupons I would have to believe him.

I really am not cynical I just seeek the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Nope, not mad at all. Just laughing at you calling someone else a troll. That and saying something costs too much when you admit you don't even know the price.

Classic.
    You need to talk to your sales staff then because I was quoted $80 a month for your service to which I laughed and he was so embarrassed he hung up. SOOOOO it sounds like your own crew doesn't know the price. With all the problems people are having with your service I think I will stay with my provider. But thanks for your concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Onewing that is a very fair and wonderful offer you place for the Treo users who have beeen faithful to the brand and to Sprint. You are a stand up guy and I for one am impressed with your helpfulness toward others. I apologize for the level of scrutiny I placed upon you but I hope you understand how we had seemingly hundreds of false alarms with people claiming this and that about the Treo.

Just want to extend the olive branch and hope you stay a part of the TC community.
    OneWing, I agree with Gharrod. And I agree (as I sort of mentioned in a previous post) that it's kind of scummy for people to come out of nowhere after you made the offer and call "dibs" on a coupon, when there are people who have been active on the future treo and now 700p forums for a while that have not yet called "dibs" and would probably appreciate your offer.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Geatches, as cynical as I must seeem I have to prove you wrog my friend. Onewing has been one of the truest posters about 700P rumors so far and brought the proof to the table. I challenged him and he stoood the test. I have admiration for him and if he says he has coupons I would have to believe him.

I really am not cynical I just seeek the truth.
    Either that, or a hall of famer suck up. I take you at your word, you've been around long enought to earn that.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.