Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Hehe, you know how those scoundrels at sprint are!They will only let me hook you up if you are activating a totally new phone number on a totally new 2- year contract, in addition to whatever else you have with Sprint.

That being said, it is possible that I could find a way to snatch a few $200 coupons for you guys. Still have to do a little research on that one though. Let me make certain I can get and use my own $200 coupon, and I'll figure it out from there, deal?

OneWing

Dear God, did I just offer $200 off a treo to a forum populated and trolled by people who are even more fanatical about it than I am?

Count me in as another fanatic!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Do you really think this guy is going to mail all of you $200 coupons? gharrod, where the hell are you?
    OK, One less.
    Do you really think this guy is going to mail all of you $200 coupons? gharrod, where the hell are you?
    Of course not. But we're bored and it's fun to dream.

However, if he did, I think he'd instantly become among the most loved on the forum.

I don't think anyone wants to take the chances of someone else claiming one if he really can get them.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    If he has them -- my guy had just better have them!

Besides -- he will always be loved -- OneWing and Dragonman ended Silly Season !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If he has them -- my guy had just better have them!

Besides -- he will always be loved -- OneWing and Dragonman ended Silly Season !!
    Oh it's true, but we'll love him more with the coupons.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

count me in for a coupon too please I think thats number 15 or 16? PLEASE?

and yes can these be activated on a SERO plan?

I dont have Sprint and Ive been holding off on getting it until I knew the 700P was out, Id like to know exactly how get the best deal on a new line?

PM me if you wouldnt mind giving me the details? Dragonman as well? And/or Anonymous? Thanks guys!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Would one more coupon hurt?
    crap, people stopped numbering their coupon dibs... so lets put me at a gentle 14 <3
    i hope the GSM version of the Treo 700P will follow soon enough, so as we say here in asia "let's party!"
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    I'll take a coupon please.
    Even if he can't get any, I still think he's pretty awesome for trying.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Ease up n00b, he's starting to chafe.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Ease up n00b, he's starting to chafe.
    Shush you! I want my coupon!

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Suck up!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Suck up!
    *cough cough* Nuh uh!

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

16.    #636  
    Ok guys, I just got done typing out a long message about how to get a coupon for $200 off. I wrote it all out about how it works and how to get one and how to use it. Then I typed out a paragraph about not abusing it. Then I realized I was essentially breaking my own rules for not abusing it by telling all of you about it.

Here's the basic idea, guys. There are sites out there that are specifically designed to be a trading post of ideas for how to work the system to get great prices on things. The one I go to is slickdeals.net. Great site. Love it. But invariably, when the slickest of slick deals gets posted to that site, there are a couple of greedy bastards that will overwork the system, bringing the loophole to the companies attention, and everyone gets screwed.

Case in point: a website had a special for 25% off of gift certificates or something like that. They didn't add a provision to keep people from ordering gift certificates with gift certificates. So some people saved some money, bought a couple of them, used a couple to buy a couple more and called it at that. Work the system for a bit of a discount and let it alone. Think about the point where you could get caught and stop 2 steps before that. Well, sure enough, someone else crunched the numbers, bought a bunch of gift certificates through the loophole and eventually had enough certificates to buy a few thousand dollars worth of merchandise for under 70 bucks. Guess what, I think they are going to freaking notice that, don't you? So then EVERYONE got screwed and they revoked ALL orders.

So, I need your honest opinion. Yes, I think I know a way to get everyone $200 coupons. I think it would have to be used by about 100 people before something happened, the trick got caught and they shut everyone down by cancelling orders or charging back discounts.

If I post this deal to you guys, I think it could easily get out of hand. I think the 20 or so people who have asked so far could get away with it no problem. While I think it would be ok up to 100, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it going above 50. I sure as hell don't want my order cancelled because I was feeling generous to you fanatics.

If I post this here and it ends up on slickdeals, forget about it. None of us get to use it. If I post it here and some asshat tells all his friends about it or puts it in his blog, forget about it, none of us get to use it.

You lurkers out there, bug off. You're the ones I'm worried about most.

Does everyone understand? Do we think we can play nice? Or should I just not give it out at all or by my own choice through PMs?

Discuss.
  17.    #637  
    And as for the Sero plan questions, it can be done. There are people with 6700s, a920s and a900s on SERO.
    ok so i guess ill take the #15 spot for this coupon
    Glad I got on the #2 dibs =)

I think, what you should do is WAIT till the 700P is released firstm and you try it yourself to see if it works.

If it does, then either the first 40 or so can provide you with emails and/or PMs.
    Can the coupons be made unique so no one could reused them? Since you are limiting it to 20, that should not be hard to keep track of.