Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Oh great, another "long time lurker, first time poster".

Welcome back geatches
    Thanks D!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Sounds like gharrod is giving commencement speeches and I owe you ten smackers Perry. Please PM me where to send your daughter's Best Buy card.
    It ain't over until. . . . . . well. . . . . . it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Beware of Nancyboys.
    Damn nancyboys, always in the wrong locker room.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Personally I think the W sales are going as well as they are because it is simply something new and everyone knew that Palm would probably do a better job at this than anyone else. Add to that the BB patent troubles...the goofy new keyboard layout and corporations were then drooling for something new to put in the hands of their field. Enter the 700w with it's (free if you don't factor the cost of Exchange Enterprise Server) push e-mail capability (i.e. BB killer) and you have why sales have shown to be quite good.

Now let's add to that the corporations by no means pick the best technology out there to put in the hands of employees. If they did, we would all be using Macs right now and cursing Steve Jobs for being the richest man in the world while rooting for Bill Gates to retake market share and give us a choice.

I think the 700w numbers are accurate...but are what they are due to lack of decent competition. I think you'll see those numbers change briskly with a Palm OS Treo again.
    Time will tell, although there will certainly be a bump in 700p sales out of the gate.
    Damn nancyboys, always in the wrong locker room.
    Stop it!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    In the immortal words of Bill Clinton "what is is?" or "it is what it is is" or "we shall see what is is" or "what are you doing under my desk Monica?"

Is is this for this moment. There is no 700P yet. I reserve my right to hold out for one more weekend. Unless Ed goes off on me at the meeting today.

Either way I hope all of you understand how powerful the words we have crafted together in here in to our passionate arguements. Many have disagreed with me and a few have agreed with me. That is what America is about. Diverse opinions and the freedom to espouse them. Some have not caught on that I really do want to believe and I have nothing against Palm. For those few I recommend the Sylvan reading school (or ADD meds). For those who have tollerated me I appreciate your banter. For those who believed in our cause of bringing out the truth (and that is all we were really after) I thank you for your loyalty and compassion for seeking out the facts.

We have effected to some small extent the world of Palm and Sprint. We have voiced our content and concerns and they have listened. Did we get everything we desired? Obviously not. But we did play a part. We have created discussions which have been covered by the blogs to the mainstream press. We have shaped the field for the next generation. Thank you for your help, your patience and your passionate writings.

I want to tell you what I forsee in the near future. The POS as we know it is gone. The future will be owned by a Linux device and a Windows device. Symbian maybe a little share and Blackberry an ever shrinking marketplace from here on out. Intel has already expressed their desire to come out with a chipset to allow a full version of Windows on a device the size of a Treo and make it a fully functional computer. Witness the OQO and you realize that day is sooner here then we want to believe. It is the future and we shall shape it today and tomorrow in the same way we have shaped the Palm/Sprint marriage of today.

May your passions for life, loves, family and your careers run as deeply as they have in these forums. If they do then each of us will be successful beyond our wildest dreams. May God bless us. May God bless America and long live the Treo!
    It sounds like you're just about there Gharrod. I do appreciate your view of the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Let me quote myself:

Much has happened and nothing has happened.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry quoted Perry!!! The Earth is back on its axis! The day can start.
    I do hope Ed spills the beans today. . . . . how can you speak to this Qtr's remaining sales numbers and not spill the beans?
    Beano?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Perry quoted Perry!!! The Earth is back on its axis! The day can start.

Chuckle.
    Perry = Axis of Quoting Evil
    Chuckle.
    No fair...I thought my answer to your direct question was better...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    gharrod getting all philosophical, Perry quoting himself, geatches returns, dogs and cats living together; MASS HYSTERIA people!

Naw...you didn't miss much geatch...welcome back tho.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    gharrod getting all philosophical, Perry quoting himself, geatches returns, dogs and cats living together; MASS HYSTERIA people!

Thanks. After gharrods eloquent prose, I put an extra five in the collection plate.

Dogs and cats? How about Monkeys and Comic Superheros spooning???
    Thanks. After gharrods eloquent prose, I put an extra five in the collection plate.
    Cents or dollars?
    Hopefully $$HUNDRED$$ The First Church of Gharrod needs lots of donations.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Oooh...good point I missed that one. Thanks
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Um....superheros are not the only ones with alter egos...or monkey side-kicks for that matter.

Let me bashfully add... STOP IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Um....superheros are not the only ones with alter egos...or monkey side-kicks for that matter.

Let me bashfully add... STOP IT
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Cents or dollars?
    pesos!