Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Sh.h.. NooB.... Perry was just getting some much-needed sleep in the PPR. Don't wake him up and make us all stay up 'til 4am, please.

nitety-nite!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    And it's not Mary-Ellen, Sue Ellen, or even Sue Emma, but it's Sua Sponte.

Who DID shoot J.R. anyway?
    It was Kristin, Sue Ellen's sister. And BTW, Sue Ellen was J.R.'s wife, not Bobby's. The "it was just a dream" woman was Bobby's wife Pam.

Showing my age, I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1

Who DID shoot J.R. anyway?
    Kristen, (Mary Crosby)
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Kristen, (Mary Crosby)
    Bing, the gun went off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yes. Kinda like when you wake up, and you're under 5000 posts.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Good night John Boy.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey
    It was Kristin, Sue Ellen's sister. And BTW, Sue Ellen was J.R.'s wife, not Bobby's. The "it was just a dream" woman was Bobby's wife Pam.

Showing mine too...I remembered this answer...it scares me.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey

Thank you for straightening out that bit of useless trivia for all of us who could care less. We do appreciate your attempt though. lol
    Well boys and girls. It has been an interesting few days, weeks and months here at the TC Corral. Brokeback Treo is nearing release and it will be big news. Either the bloggoshere is wrong and the forum rumors are wrong or the P wil be released. Can we say Brokeback and P in the same sentence?

It just seems still a bit odd that Cowboy Ed and the boys at the Sprint Store Ranch are either cutting expenses by refusing to put the P on any literature or they are keeping it a secret from the villians at the Verizon huscow from figurin' out what their real plan is. We all remember back in January when Bill became the new sherrif in town and the excitement which ensued when Ed flinched and went against his bretheran at Sprint and released a Treo for the first time with a carrier exclusive other then Sprint and with an OS other then POS. There was a lot of whiskey downed that night and the dancehall girls were in the tussle as well trying to keep order in Treoville. That night Perry, the chow wagon chef, had a sit down with Ed and 'splained to him the danger of sleepin' with the enemy. "There is no honor in laying down your gun without giving it one more good run" he implored. To which Ed replied "Perry, sherrif Bill has a pastle of money and a big gun. We have to understand the sherrif is here to keep law and order in our fair town." Perry was not convinced. Ed told Perry to be patient and his day would come. In the follow months Perry evangelized the P in every corner of the town and Ed kept his secrets closer then he kept Miss Kitty.

As Winter grew into Spring and Spring passed into Summer word got out that a new rift had taken place between the forces of good and evil in Treoville. The sherrif was losing his hold on the small berg where Treos prevail. There came a challenge of a gunfight. The time, the place. May 28th, high noon, main street in front of Doc's saloon and medicinal center. The battle royale of Treoville takes on a new identity. Who will win, who will prevail over the long haul. The winner of this shootout stands to win the hearts of Blackberrytown. Weak at heart, women and children should be inside as this will be the shot heard round the world. Or will Ed flinch and subcumb and join in with Bill and surprise all by digging his heels in to WM5 even deeper. No matter how the story ends the day after will be a Merorial Day for all.
    LOL

Gee G, you might have a back up plan there in screenplays if you ever decide you have had enough with the day gig.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/11/2006 at 06:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    LOL

Gee G, you might have a back up plan there in screenplays if you ever decide you have had enough with the day gig.
    Did you just call him gigi?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Did you just call him gigi?
    Depends on the pacing of your speech.

I intended a pause between Gee. . . . . . . and . . . . . .G

Any speculation on what will be said at today's 10:20AM New York Palm financial dog and pony show?
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/11/2006 at 07:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Perry -

Did you see the engagdget posting that said there is a possibility that suggests that the 15th will be both the announcement date and the release date for the 700p?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/10/p...e-next-monday/

This doesn't make sense to me as I would think that Palm would want to have some official promotion prior to the acutal release. I think that the 15th anncmt/28th release date scenario sounds the most plausible.
    This may be the day it is all over one way or another. Then the fun begins figuring out how the W is killing the P in sales. Looks to me after the numbers were released that all of the Treo sales growth for 2006 is coming from the W and the 650 is holding steady (US sales only).
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Well boys and girls. It has been an interesting few days, weeks and months here at the TC Corral. Brokeback Treo is nearing release and it will be big news. Either the bloggoshere is wrong and the forum rumors are wrong or the P wil be released. Can we say Brokeback and P in the same sentence?

It just seems still a bit odd that Cowboy Ed and the boys at the Sprint Store Ranch are either cutting expenses by refusing to put the P on any literature or they are keeping it a secret from the villians at the Verizon huscow from figurin' out what their real plan is. We all remember back in January when Bill became the new sherrif in town and the excitement which ensued when Ed flinched and went against his bretheran at Sprint and released a Treo for the first time with a carrier exclusive other then Sprint and with an OS other then POS. There was a lot of whiskey downed that night and the dancehall girls were in the tussle as well trying to keep order in Treoville. That night Perry, the chow wagon chef, had a sit down with Ed and 'splained to him the danger of sleepin' with the enemy. "There is no honor in laying down your gun without giving it one more good run" he implored. To which Ed replied "Perry, sherrif Bill has a pastle of money and a big gun. We have to understand the sherrif is here to keep law and order in our fair town." Perry was not convinced. Ed told Perry to be patient and his day would come. In the follow months Perry evangelized the P in every corner of the town and Ed kept his secrets closer then he kept Miss Kitty.

As Winter grew into Spring and Spring passed into Summer word got out that a new rift had taken place between the forces of good and evil in Treoville. The sherrif was losing his hold on the small berg where Treos prevail. There came a challenge of a gunfight. The time, the place. May 28th, high noon, main street in front of Doc's saloon and medicinal center. The battle royale of Treoville takes on a new identity. Who will win, who will prevail over the long haul. The winner of this shootout stands to win the hearts of Blackberrytown. Weak at heart, women and children should be inside as this will be the shot heard round the world. Or will Ed flinch and subcumb and join in with Bill and surprise all by digging his heels in to WM5 even deeper. No matter how the story ends the day after will be a Merorial Day for all.

Gharrod -

Screenplay's aside, it's time to come over to the side of being a believer. I agree with you that the only definitive piece of evidence of the 700p (or Palm Treo 700) release will be the actual announcement by Palm and Sprint. But given all the Sprint employee info we've seen posted, the Shadowmite ROM confirmation, Dragonman's field testing confirmation, Perry's sources, engadget confirmation, cnet confirmation, etc., I think that we have gotten to a point where the preponderance of evidence (even if most of it is circumstantial) makes it clear and obvious that the 700p will be released by the end of the month.
    This may be the day it is all over one way or another. Then the fun begins figuring out how the W is killing the P in sales. Looks to me after the numbers were released that all of the Treo sales growth for 2006 is coming from the W and the 650 is holding steady (US sales only).
    See this thread for some possible explanations as to why the W's sales may look as good as they do. Most notably, Verizon had an exclusive with the W for some period of time, and in order for Palm to withhold giving it to other carriers, it makes sense that Verizon might have had to commit to purchasing x 700w's/month. I'm fairly sure that the numbers provided are for units sold *by Palm*, which would be the number sold to carriers, and not necessarily units sold to actual consumers.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Somebody's been watching to much of the TV Land channel at night.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I can't argue with you on this point - you are right on the $. The WM market for corporate users is much larger and easier to penetrate than replacing existing POS Treo users and generating new users. Palm and Verizon have BB dead in their targets and they are stealing market share every day. You can't underestimate the appeal to Corp IT for the Microsoft Active Sync solution as a simple yet secure way to manage proprietary data. Plus, BB lost alot of traction with corp purchasing managers over the last 6 months. I personally know a number of large NYC law firms that allocated 1,000 unit Treo 700w purchases and would not have done so prior to the BB patent troubles.
    So I guess this means we can all go back to our day jobs and quit watching this ping pong ball bounce back and forth until Monday?

Perry - I'll PM my home address for the Starbuck's card right after the announcement (if it even happens), or do you prefer to wait to see the "W" in your own hands first?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    See this thread for some possible explanations as to why the W's sales may look as good as they do. Most notably, Verizon had an exclusive with the W for some period of time, and in order for Palm to withhold giving it to other carriers, it makes sense that Verizon might have had to commit to purchasing x 700w's/month. I'm fairly sure that the numbers provided are for units sold *by Palm*, which would be the number sold to carriers, and not necessarily units sold to actual consumers.
    Given my experience in working with VZW (it was a significant relationship in it's time) they are not in the business of holding onto unsold inventory. They either had sell through to corporate and direct distribution channels or they would discount through their indirect channels. And if they were unhappy wiht the overall product sell through, they would send the excess inventory back to Palm, commitment or not. I call that Phones on Wheels.