Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I don't see the Pope on line tonight. Now if HE were to tell me that the 700P is a real device an will be sold on May 28th I would get behind it totally. Ok, I can see Haggar right now creating a log in as "The Pope."

I do take issue with people claiming I am trying to gain from all of this and then Godguy comes in and he does have something to gain from this. I hope Good doesn't have an NDA.
    ...frayed nerves and short tempers aside, you are in rare form tonight.

I likes it!!! Chachacha!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    [snip]I likes it!!! Chachacha!
    Chia!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Chia!
    CHIAMAN!!!! His hair grows and grows!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    Easy now folks! How do we KNOW this is a screenshot from a sprint rep at work. We can tell it's a windows 2k machine. We can tell there is a spreadsheet with what looks like telephone data in it. It has some aps open we think we recognize but even that can be faked.

The domain in the browser on one of the earlier supposed screenshots is easy to fake too...

The spreadsheet looks markedly different at the bottom where the "700p" supposedly showed up. Different font, different color, different font weight. I'm not taking the bait on that yet. Too easy to fake screenshots... even easier than photoshoping a phone in my opinion.

Who's to say that anonymous84 and OneWing aren't OneNSame since one seems to be working so hard to affirm the other's status as a true Sprint employee... has the scent of a con to me.

Do you really think it is worth their collective effort to try to scam a bunch of die-hard treo fans? We are not that important
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Who's to say that anonymous84 and OneWing aren't OneNSame
    _IF_ we are being duped, and I mostly think we are not, but _IF_ we are -- then I definitely believe, in fact there would be no question in my mind, that they're OneNsame.
    Easy now folks! How do we KNOW this is a screenshot from a sprint rep at work. We can tell it's a windows 2k machine. We can tell there is a spreadsheet with what looks like telephone data in it. It has some aps open we think we recognize but even that can be faked.

The domain in the browser on one of the earlier supposed screenshots is easy to fake too...

The spreadsheet looks markedly different at the bottom where the "700p" supposedly showed up. Different font, different color, different font weight. I'm not taking the bait on that yet. Too easy to fake screenshots... even easier than photoshoping a phone in my opinion.

Who's to say that anonymous84 and OneWing aren't OneNSame since one seems to be working so hard to affirm the other's status as a true Sprint employee... has the scent of a con to me.
    It appears that some posters will not be satisfied with any evidence short of holding the 700p in their own hands before they accept that the p is real. That position is certainly within their respective rights to their opinion. I do find it a little bit of a stretch to accept the position that there is a "conspiracy" between posters with the purpose to deceive those of us who have more than a casual interest in the events surrounding the 700p. I guess I more of a "glass is half full type of guy." Perhaps I would be more critical if I had been around when the great "slinky" fraud had been perpetrated. Maybe those who have been posting a lot longer and who have been "burned" by such false postings are justified in their criticisms. I may be naive in "trusting" those who have posted information which I feel leads to the conclusion that the 700p is real, but I remain a believer. The 700p is real!
    Legalbeagle
    I take it all back. The Treo 700 will cure cancer. Opinion's render on the 700's existence will be the hailed the new gospel.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Both
    You are killing me, Goodguy.....can't wait to get my hands on the 700P!!!

come on, may 28th...
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    It appears that some posters will not be satisfied with any evidence short of holding the 700p in their own hands before they accept that the p is real. That position is certainly within their respective rights to their opinion. I do find it a little bit of a stretch to accept the position that there is a "conspiracy" between posters with the purpose to deceive those of us who have more than a casual interest in the events surrounding the 700p. I guess I more of a "glass is half full type of guy." Perhaps I would be more critical if I had been around when the great "slinky" fraud had been perpetrated. Maybe those who have been posting a lot longer and who have been "burned" by such false postings are justified in their criticisms. I may be naive in "trusting" those who have posted information which I feel leads to the conclusion that the 700p is real, but I remain a believer. The 700p is real!
    As I said, I mostly believe. Call me an optimist. But I am also a realist, and given past history know that we could be getting burned. I guess I'm optimarealistic.

Nonetheless, I still feel that, by mid-June, the 700p will be.
    I think it just as likely that craigkendall is a plant, to try and put out the fire.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    Yes, I have $600 waiting for someone to give me a 700p so I can check treocentral even faster and disbelieve in the 900l until I hold that too.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Yes, I have $600 waiting for someone to give me a 700p so I can check treocentral even faster and disbelieve in the 900l until I hold that too.
    You in the neighborhood so you can use my store ... and tell him I said you should pay no more than $450.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Ditto, except i'll hold on to it for as long as i can. If my 650 wasn't kaput I would not be getting the 700p in the next month.
    Hmmmmm....did I miss something ? When did 700w 's price drop to $299 ?

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ones/index.htm

Same at amazon ... seems last time I looked it was a bit higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Ditto, except i'll hold on to it for as long as i can. If my 650 wasn't kaput I would not be getting the 700p in the next month.
    My 650 flew out of its holster and landed flat on the concrete floor this morning. While this has happened about 20 times before, I thought this time it was truly toast. I had visions (bad one's) of having to buy another 650. Uggh! So yesterday. Fortunately, it survived. I'm telling ya, this thing has 9 lives.

Come on, Verizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    My 650 flew out of its holster and landed flat on the concrete floor this morning. While this has happened about 20 times before, I thought this time it was truly toast. I had visions (bad one's) of having to buy another 650. Uggh! So yesterday. Fortunately, it survived. I'm telling ya, this thing has 9 lives.

Come on, Verizon!
    You will be happy. Soon.
    I'm happy now.

I'll be happier with a new 700p!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I'm happy now.

I'll be happier with a new 700p!!!
    Have it your way:

You will be happier. SOON.
    O My! Perry has knowledge of Vzn as well as Sprt!!

legalese technicality about the starbucks bet... if the 700P is released as the 700 (no p), does the bet that a 700P will be released fail?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    O My! Perry has knowledge of Vzn as well as Sprt!!

legalese technicality about the starbucks bet... if the 700P is released as the 700 (no p), does the bet that a 700P will be released fail?

I will let Mr. Strauss verify, but our bet was WM5 vs. PalmOS first on Sprint -- no matter what the letter designation.

He and I are into the "spirit" of the bet, not the legal technicalities.

Cheers, Perry.