Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    News.com picked up on all the rumors (I'm still back on page 17 of this thread trying to catch up!)..nothing new in the article that ya don't already know

http://news.com.com/2100-1041_3-6070...0942&subj=news
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Watch Sprint trick us all and come out with the 700w instead of the 700p on the 28th. Boy will I be pissed!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Some TC posters seem to be taking themselves far, far too seriously. First, we are talking about a phone here people. A fancy one granted, but still just a phone. Second, while posts here have a tendancy of finding their way out into the blog world, one can not exactly call the rumor spread 'wild fire.' The fact that most of these same rumors end up back here should be sufficient proof of that. I have yet to see 'NEW TREO SPOTTED' grace the font page of any newspaper. Lastly, no one (else) cares that much. TC has a few dozen obsessives posting and reposting about a mere phone that most people even in the overly nerdy tech world are not that nutty about. For the rest of the 'straights' who would never dare read a tech forum or, God forbid, post on one, I believe I can state for all of them collectively: 'Yawn.' So seriously, relax. What we are all doing here is avoiding real work. To jump up and down on your keyboard demanding this and that and spouting opinions as if anyone really cared what we had to say is absurd. This reality check is now over. Go about you business.
    I guess that since you are tired of all this drooling over "just a phone," you'll be leaving this thread now, no longer perpetuating this nonsense?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Some TC posters seem to be taking themselves far, far too seriously. First, we are talking about a phone here people. A fancy one granted, but still just a phone. Second, while posts here have a tendancy of finding their way out into the blog world, one can not exactly call the rumor spread 'wild fire.' The fact that most of these same rumors end up back here should be sufficient proof of that. I have yet to see 'NEW TREO SPOTTED' grace the font page of any newspaper. Lastly, no one (else) cares that much. TC has a few dozen obsessives posting and reposting about a mere phone that most people even in the overly nerdy tech world are not that nutty about. For the rest of the 'straights' who would never dare read a tech forum or, God forbid, post on one, I believe I can state for all of them collectively: 'Yawn.' So seriously, relax. What we are all doing here is avoiding real work. To jump up and down on your keyboard demanding this and that and spouting opinions as if anyone really cared what we had to say is absurd. This reality check is now over. Go about you business.
    Nononononono - you're not cutting in line in front of me!!!!!

Seriously, all you say is correct, but there's a few billion dollars of market cap that says this is serious. Palm knows that people stop buying when new products are announced. So the leaks are treated very seriously, as they should be. On May 10th, with the product release imminent, there will probably not be repurcussions-you're only losing a few days worth of sales from a few tech bums that probably already have or don't want 650s. If everyone was leaking info on the Hollywood or the LinuxTreo, there would be hell to pay. Note how we haven't heard from our Hollywood informant again.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Watch Sprint trick us all and come out with the 700w instead of the 700p on the 28th. Boy will I be pissed!!
    Some of us won't be fooled - some of us have been warning the tribe about this result from day one (well, almost day one...I do have a Starbuck's/Best Buy card riding on it). http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Except for the last line, that was written like a lawyer. Who do you work for?
    I take that as a compliment but you wouldn't believe who I worked for if I told you. ;o)

The last line was an attempt to lighten what sounded heavy and legal to that point. Just trying to deal in facts and it got way legal-sounding.
    I thought it was Gilligan's Island.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Ah, but dstrauss, you're breaking your own rules. These forums are for everyone, including those like sir_mycroft and attempt to interject reason and refocus people on the realities of how the non-smartphone-obsessed public feels. It's also for nancyboy whiners who like to complain that 20 pages of fluff and 3 pages of substances is a poor mix. And it's for the off-topic ramblers. And the people with questions. And the people with answers.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I thought it was Temptation Island

Fantasy Island, would put it back on topic.

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Ah, but dstrauss, you're breaking your own rules. These forums are for everyone, including those like sir_mycroft and attempt to interject reason and refocus people on the realities of how the non-smartphone-obsessed public feels. It's also for nancyboy whiners who like to complain that 20 pages of fluff and 3 pages of substances is a poor mix. And it's for the off-topic ramblers. And the people with questions. And the people with answers.
    Conceded. He can stay (I had no vote to put him off the island anyway) - just a friendly suggestion for someone obviously so ill at ease among a Bastille Day crowd. "Let them eat cake" was answered by "Off with their heads."
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous84
    the excel sheet is updated once a day at 9am CST..The playbook w/ the calendar date was posted on 05/09 and probably produced and finalized before the excel sheet.
    Easy now folks! How do we KNOW this is a screenshot from a sprint rep at work. We can tell it's a windows 2k machine. We can tell there is a spreadsheet with what looks like telephone data in it. It has some aps open we think we recognize but even that can be faked.

The domain in the browser on one of the earlier supposed screenshots is easy to fake too...

The spreadsheet looks markedly different at the bottom where the "700p" supposedly showed up. Different font, different color, different font weight. I'm not taking the bait on that yet. Too easy to fake screenshots... even easier than photoshoping a phone in my opinion.

Who's to say that anonymous84 and OneWing aren't OneNSame since one seems to be working so hard to affirm the other's status as a true Sprint employee... has the scent of a con to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Conceded. He can stay (I had no vote to put him off the island anyway) - just a friendly suggestion for someone obviously so ill at ease among a Bastille Day crowd. "Let them eat cake" was answered by "Off with their heads."
    You?

You are too generous.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Fantasy Island, would put it back on topic.
    "I think that was a little less cordial than he was used to..."
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    So, do you guys think the 700p will just be called the 700? The presence/absence of the "w" would be the only distinction between the two.
    That and the OS
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I vote to have him drawn and quartered.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    You?

You are too generous.
    No, not really. Just subtly sarcastic. (sir_mycroft and Marie Antoinette?)

Besides, Maximunk has already declared me new and improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I vote to have him drawn and quartered.
    That was good enough for William Wallace...should work here as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    Alas, I can once again reign supreme with the impending arrival of the 700p!
    Welcome back! Have missed your eloquent prose!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi G !!

Software Guy or not . . . . . . .the Catholic Church might own Palm or Microsoft stock . . . . does that make the Pope posting words here invalid?

What possible benefit does Goodguy gain for his software by saying he has seen a 700P? To keep people from buying a 700W? For how long? It is just too much of a stretch G.

How many Slinkies were there? The sheer volume of people that have tried to post "evidence" here must mean something.

Remember -- I was recently told by a telesales rep that the 700PPPPPPPPPPPPPP would be availble to order on May 28th.

It's done.

Cheers, Perry
    I don't see the Pope on line tonight. Now if HE were to tell me that the 700P is a real device an will be sold on May 28th I would get behind it totally. Ok, I can see Haggar right now creating a log in as "The Pope."

I do take issue with people claiming I am trying to gain from all of this and then Godguy comes in and he does have something to gain from this. I hope Good doesn't have an NDA.