Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    All I can say is that anonymous84 is pretty ballsy. He's posting from a work computer. I can't even access these forums from a work computer.

So I can't see that release spreadsheet that you posted, but yes, looks as legit as it gets. Be careful dude. At this point, I feel pretty safe in saying you are more easily trackable than I am right now, as well as posting stuff that is even more proprietary.

OneWing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    BTW Relewased doesn't necessarily mean available to everyone. I suspect it will be available to business first...just like the 6700 was.
    Did you take any preorders from PHI yet ? ..... gtwo Incorporated.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    All I can say is that anonymous84 is pretty ballsy. He's posting from a work computer. I can't even access these forums from a work computer.

So I can't see that release spreadsheet that you posted, but yes, looks as legit as it gets. Be careful dude. At this point, I feel pretty safe in saying you are more easily trackable than I am right now, as well as posting stuff that is even more proprietary.

OneWing
    Knowing how adamant Palm and Sprint are about info getting out the wrong way...I still say why? So what if someone in the Sprint or Palm organization can steal the release thunder from Ed C and anyone else with three letters after their name I say sweet. Bottom line is we don't expect them to release it any faster or slower...just fess up it exists or doesn't. That's all we have been told; we've been told it exists and should be released on May 28. No one should get in trouble for that. That's all anyone has really ever asked for and unfortunately it took internal sprint screenshots to prove it because no one at sprint or palm can give you a straight answer on it. Thanks anonymous84...hoping the best for you.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Goodguy, sorry but you are a shill for your software I don't have a lot of faith in your words.
    Let's see...where did I post anything about my software? That's right, nowhere. The fact is the company I work with is with has a relationship with the carriers and manufacturers allows us to see devices has nothing to do with me "shilling" my software. I have seen the P, the Moto Q and the Nokia E-series. Regardless of what I seel.

That, and your "faith" in my words ranks right up there in importance next to...well, it doesn't even rank.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Let's see...where did I post anything about my software? That's right, nowhere. The fact is the company I work with is with has a relationship with the carriers allows us to see devices has nothing to do with me "shilling" my software. I have seen the P, the Moto Q and the Nokia E-series. Regardless of what I seel.

That, and your "faith" in my words ranks right up there in importance next to...well, it doesn't even rank.
    Any info on the Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Any info on the Palm?
    The devices we have are the form factor of the 700, running PalmOS
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    The devices we have are the form factor of the 700, running PalmOS
    Did you have to sign a NDA when you receive testing equipment? Any nuggets on the 700?
    Let's see...where did I post anything about my software?
    If it means anything, I don't recall any "good" guy schilling posts....then again I don't pay close attention to push and other e-mail heavy posts. To my recollection I have never seen you jump on competitor's products nor overtly promote your own. Sure you have responded to questions and made "I think ours is..." statements but not in a manner I have ever found objectionable.
    Unfortunately, can't give out any detail. I don't personally have it, but our SE's do. Only nugget I can give is it is amazingly fast..especially compared to my 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Let me round up the posts:
    Ya forgot

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=404

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=416
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If it means anything, I don't recall any "good" guy schilling posts....then again I don't pay close attention to push and other e-mail heavy posts. To my recollection I have never seen you jump on competitor's products nor overtly promote your own. Sure you have responded to questions and made "I think ours is..." statements but not in a manner I have ever found objectionable.
    Thanks, Jack. I try not to, though there may have been times where, in defending GoodLink against what I perceive to be incorrect information, I get a bit heated. That being said, I even make an effort to remove my signature from non-email related posts and have tried to stay away from posts such as "What email should I use" types of questions.

Regardless, that is all off topic, but I appreciate the sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Goodguy, sorry but you are a shill for your software I don't have a lot of faith in your words.
    Hi G !!

Software Guy or not . . . . . . .the Catholic Church might own Palm or Microsoft stock . . . . does that make the Pope posting words here invalid?

What possible benefit does Goodguy gain for his software by saying he has seen a 700P? To keep people from buying a 700W? For how long? It is just too much of a stretch G.

How many Slinkies were there? The sheer volume of people that have tried to post "evidence" here must mean something.

Remember -- I was recently told by a telesales rep that the 700PPPPPPPPPPPPPP would be availble to order on May 28th.

It's done.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, can't give out any detail. I don't personally have it, but our SE's do. Only nugget I can give is it is amazingly fast..especially compared to my 650
    Fast in what respect? OS? Internet?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    Awesome. One thought... the title of the thread appears to be "Confirmed Retail release of 700p. I truly appreciate the zeal of those who rush to post info the latest info discovered about such a product for the rest of us. It was probably the haste to be helpful and your passion to have such a device which prompted you to inadvertantly place the dreaded "p" into the name. I think we've sufficiently de-bunked that the document, legitimate or not, does not identify this as a "p" or "w" but only identifies that it is a Treo model 700 with some relationship to Palm... could be the manufacturer (incidently my own leaning... Sprint currently lists the 650 as "Sprint PCS VisionSM Smart Device Treo™ 650 by palmOne" and on all the other handsets listed in this document the brand of each phone is listed before the model name) or which could be a reference as to the OS on the device. Everything else other than the launch date based on this document is conjecture which has to be based on other "evidence" outside the document.

Wow... that was fun.
    Except for the last line, that was written like a lawyer. Who do you work for?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

OK. So what's the latest for a Vz release? How come there has been no leaks from them? I hope this doesn't mean they are far off from a release.
    Is that a comment on EV-DO vs. Vision, or on operating system speed?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Some TC posters seem to be taking themselves far, far too seriously. First, we are talking about a phone here people. A fancy one granted, but still just a phone. Second, while posts here have a tendancy of finding their way out into the blog world, one can not exactly call the rumor spread 'wild fire.' The fact that most of these same rumors end up back here should be sufficient proof of that. I have yet to see 'NEW TREO SPOTTED' grace the font page of any newspaper. Lastly, no one (else) cares that much. TC has a few dozen obsessives posting and reposting about a mere phone that most people even in the overly nerdy tech world are not that nutty about. For the rest of the 'straights' who would never dare read a tech forum or, God forbid, post on one, I believe I can state for all of them collectively: 'Yawn.' So seriously, relax. What we are all doing here is avoiding real work. To jump up and down on your keyboard demanding this and that and spouting opinions as if anyone really cared what we had to say is absurd. This reality check is now over. Go about you business.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Fast in what respect? OS? Internet?
    Both
  19.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft
    Some TC posters seem to be taking themselves far, far too seriously. First, we are talking about a phone here people. A fancy one granted, but still just a phone. Second, while posts here have a tendancy of finding their way out into the blog world, one can not exactly call the rumor spread 'wild fire.' The fact that most of these same rumors end up back here should be sufficient proof of that. I have yet to see 'NEW TREO SPOTTED' grace the font page of any newspaper. Lastly, no one (else) cares that much. TC has a few dozen obsessives posting and reposting about a mere phone that most people even in the overly nerdy tech world are not that nutty about. For the rest of the 'straights' who would never dare read a tech forum or, God forbid, post on one, I believe I can state for all of them collectively: 'Yawn.' So seriously, relax. What we are all doing here is avoiding real work. To jump up and down on your keyboard demanding this and that and spouting opinions as if anyone really cared what we had to say is absurd. This reality check is now over. Go about you business.

Crap, a real skeptic posted.

Its official. Tread over.

OneWing